iu

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    View attachment 290339
    @BugI02 To be fair, that wasn't what he asked. He asked where Trump stands on universal background checks, not where he was polling vs. DeSantis. C'mon man...
    Ancient history brought up because nothing about Trump currently is negative enough for him

If he had asked what Trump currently thought about 'grabbing women by the *****', would it deserve a serious answer?

Remember when Trump was for ending forever wars and actually kept us out of any new foreign entanglements for his whole term as well as tried to end the ones he inherited. Where do you suppose he is on that now?

Remember when DeSantis believed the Ukraine war was a territorial dispute and was not a vital concern for the US - for a day. Where is he now, in a firm stance?

No animus toward you DD, saying what I want to say sounds harsher toward you than I would actually like. I'm just tired of the bull****

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    No animus toward you DD, saying what I want to say sounds harsher toward you than I would actually like. I'm just tired of the bull****
    No animus taken my friend. I've stayed out of these threads (other than a quick perusal) for the most part, but every time I peruse, I see the same ol' same ol'. That's just not for me. You guys carry on. :)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

The former president and GOP front-runner said the Florida governor and others are wasting money that should be used to build “a massive vote-gathering operation.”

“Every dollar spent attacking me by Republicans is a dollar given straight to the Biden campaign,” Trump said at a rally in Erie, Pennsylvania, on Saturday night. The former president and GOP front-runner said it was time for Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and others he dismissed as “clowns” to clear the field, accusing them of “wasting hundreds of millions of dollars that Republicans should be using to build a massive vote-gathering operation” to take on Biden in November.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    View attachment 290339
    @BugI02 To be fair, that wasn't what he asked. He asked where Trump stands on universal background checks, not where he was polling vs. DeSantis. C'mon man...
    Where Trump stands on the issues, or whether he's flip flopped, apparently isn't what matters to the most ardant Trumper. Trump could start supporting an AWB and the most ardant Trumpers would scheme up all kinds of complicated excuses why it's a good thing. We've been here before it seems.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

The former president and GOP front-runner said the Florida governor and others are wasting money that should be used to build “a massive vote-gathering operation.”

“Every dollar spent attacking me by Republicans is a dollar given straight to the Biden campaign,” Trump said at a rally in Erie, Pennsylvania, on Saturday night. The former president and GOP front-runner said it was time for Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and others he dismissed as “clowns” to clear the field, accusing them of “wasting hundreds of millions of dollars that Republicans should be using to build a massive vote-gathering operation” to take on Biden in November.
    Is he wrong? He is the only candidate with bedrock unwavering support…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ancient history brought up because nothing about Trump currently is negative enough for him
    It's a fair question, though I'm not sure how serious SD4L was. But this is a gun forum. Trump has had some very questionable moments as potus on first amendment issues, to put it mildly.

It's valid to ask where he stands now? I checked his website. When I saw agenda 47 on the menu, I thought I'd find something on there some part of his agenda is furthering 2A protections. That's an America First kind of subject. I think he should add what he plans to do.

If he had asked what Trump currently thought about 'grabbing women by the *****', would it deserve a serious answer?
    No. Obviously that would not be a serious inquiry. But it would be ***damn funny. :): But I think there's a serious answer: Don't talk about it with anyone. You never know when you'll run for president and who has video/audio of you saying it?

Remember when Trump was for ending forever wars and actually kept us out of any new foreign entanglements for his whole term as well as tried to end the ones he inherited. Where do you suppose he is on that now?
    Well. If your point is that he stays consistent on what he stands for, then that calls into question all the more where he's at on certain 2A issues he struggled with last term.

But is it a major point? When we have ClownWorld™ to contend with, I suppose where he stands on UBC may not be as high on the priority list as keeping the US free from becoming a communist **** hole. Background checks aren't likely to pass during a Trump administration anyway, unless Ivanka sheds a few tears on daddies lap.

Remember when DeSantis believed the Ukraine war was a territorial dispute and was not a vital concern for the US - for a day. Where is he now, in a firm stance?
    What does DeSantis have to do with Trump's position on UBC?

:lmfao:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Is he wrong? He is the only candidate with bedrock unwavering support…
    That your opinion? Okay. Tally that up. What percent of Republicans have unwavering support? What percent of all registered voters have unwavering support.

Alright, now, what percent of all registered voters have unwavering disdain?

I think you guys continually overestimate the number of people who are just like you. Seeing a hundred thousand people packing a stadium to hear him speak may make you think most people love him. That's not a realistic representation of his overall support. People hate him. TDS, I mean REAL TDS, not just disagreeing with you about his awesomeness, has infected a lot more people than you think. It's unfair. They believe a lot of things about him that are untrue. But it is what it is. He has low approval and high disapproval. Would be to his benefit to work on that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

My opinion is, I don't think Trump is the right guy for the job. Why should the others bow out now? He's probably talking about the other AF candidates anyway. The white knight candidates are going after a completely different set of voters.

Primary season hasn't even started yet. Maybe after super Tuesday some candidates may have to make some tough decisions. At least give it til then. I think Trump needs to spend that campaign money on his legal bills. Presumably if DeSantis and Rameswammy drop out, some of their donors might switch and help him out. So I suppose from his perspective it can't hurt to ask.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Posted DeSantis speech over on that thread... this is the "start" of the primary season. :)
    I dunno. I guess we keep putting out christmas decorations earlier and earlier every year. It's almost 6 months before Iowa caucus. How about we get to the first debate and call that the start?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom