• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I dunno. I guess we keep putting out christmas decorations earlier and earlier every year. It's almost 6 months before Iowa caucus. How about we get to the first debate and call that the start?
    Ok, then the Iowa Lincoln Dinner is lining up at the starting gate. The first time all of the GOP candidate appear together, in one place, to pitch for the nomination in the same format.

It was SD4L signaling his TDS by desperately trying to get in a dig in Trump supporters. C’mon man…
    This is IM signaling his Trump Delusional Syndrome by desparately running away from Trump's record.

I know, but address what he said. Don't deflect to something totally unrelated.
    I've given up trying to defend all of the stupid **** Trump says and does on an hourly basis... instead, it is what it is, and he (Trump) is exactly who his so many red flags says he is.

IM and others have given up trying to defend Trump's words, actions and record, but instead wave their hands over it and throw the TDS flag to avoid defending words/actions/record... instead attempt to portray that Trump is "perfect", it's delusional, and a stalwart in defending our AF values. He's not.

It's a fair question, though I'm not sure how serious SD4L was. But this is a gun forum. Trump has had some very questionable moments as potus on first amendment issues, to put it mildly.

Bigly serious.

Went back to his 2016 positions, almost 8 years ago today he pledged he would not "expand a broken system" into a UBC.

He flip-flopped on that, both directions he did it in a weak-kneed politician-mode, a Todd Young way if you will, first voicing supporting for it under political pressure of two mass shootings.... then under the political realization it would alienate vast swaths of supporters, he flopped back.

If, somehow he gained a second term, IMO, he would just "flip" and not flop back in his craven need to be "liked".

I don't know if it's a mommy issue or a daddy issue, but he clearly was not hugged enough as a child and is stuff in infantalism.

It's valid to ask where he stands now? I checked his website. When I saw agenda 47 on the menu, I thought I'd find something on there some part of his agenda is furthering 2A protections. That's an America First kind of subject. I think he should add what he plans to do.
    It is, but like 8 years ago, we now know it is pretty meaningless... he would ****-can the 2A for Trump... He's already shown that propensity.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This is IM signaling his Trump Delusional Syndrome by desparately running away from Trump's record.
    Wrong. Please show us all the record. A real record. Not bloviating or talk.

Sooo many for sooo long said they wanted a businessman not a politician but the truth is they cannot handle it. They want the scripted politicians.

Have meetings, empathize with others, say what they want to hear, do nothing. That is done everyday in the real world but the art if the deal cannot be handled by some conservatives…

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Wrong. Please show us all the record. A real record. Not bloviating or talk.

Sooo many for sooo long said they wanted a businessman not a politician but the truth is they cannot handle it. They want the scripted politicians.

Have meetings, empathize with others, say what they want to hear, do nothing. That is done everyday in the real world but the art if the deal cannot be handled by some conservatives…
    He ran from his 2A promises multiple times in his first term... only flopped back (mostly, 'member bumpstocks) to keep a path to a second term.

Should he somehow eke out a second term, he would discard 2A like a used ******. His record shows... and I posted everything above... to which... crickets and TDS, yada, yada.

When he ****-cans the 2A because of some wild-*** hair or political expediency, will it be TDS to complain then as he sell our 2A rights down the river?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You do know what they say about assuming, right? Classic example ^^^
    Not exactly assuming. More like using past behavior to predict likely future behavior. I remember all the complicated scenarios faithful Trumpers used to excuse Trump's BATFE order to declare bump stocks machine guns. Some even denied he ordered it. Do you remember that?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    like a used ******
    Now. I know, INGO is a family friendly site. And I try to respect that. I'm puzzled though about why you starred out "rubber". At least I assume that's the word. I mean. Why is that not family friendly? :dunno:

I use that term all the time. Obviously it's referring to worn out tires. :):

Just what are YOU talking about that it needs to be starred out?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

The former president and GOP front-runner said the Florida governor and others are wasting money that should be used to build “a massive vote-gathering operation.”

“Every dollar spent attacking me by Republicans is a dollar given straight to the Biden campaign,” Trump said at a rally in Erie, Pennsylvania, on Saturday night. The former president and GOP front-runner said it was time for Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and others he dismissed as “clowns” to clear the field, accusing them of “wasting hundreds of millions of dollars that Republicans should be using to build a massive vote-gathering operation” to take on Biden in November.

It should be made clear that Bank Your Vote is an RNC controlled operation seeking to ensure early voting and ballot harvesting, where possible, for all republican candidates and is not some uniquely Trump-focused effort

Trump is a supporter of this idea already, not sure about DeSantis

Reactions: KG1

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Where Trump stands on the issues, or whether he's flip flopped, apparently isn't what matters to the most ardant Trumper. Trump could start supporting an AWB and the most ardant Trumpers would scheme up all kinds of complicated excuses why it's a good thing. We've been here before it seems.
    Where DeSantis stands on the issues, or whether he has backed off Ukraine issues immediately when challenged, apparently isn't what matters most to the ardent Desantivist. DeSantis could fold like a camp chair at the first pushback on a correctly America First policy position on the Ukraine war and the most ardent DeSantivists would retcon the retreat later as 'nuanced' and 'taking a firm stance' and how that was a good thing. We're still here it seems

'But that was different' in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I've given up trying to defend all of the stupid **** Trump says and does on an hourly basis... instead, it is what it is, and he (Trump) is exactly who his so many red flags says he is.
    The follow up question being, is Desantis exactly who he says he is? Sent by God?

That's a dangerous claim to make

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

It should be made clear that Bank Your Vote is an RNC controlled operation seeking to ensure early voting and ballot harvesting, where possible, for all republican candidates and is not some uniquely Trump-focused effort

Trump is a supporter of this idea already, not sure about DeSantis
    I have no problem giving Trump props for endosing this RNC initiative encouraging voters to sign up and commit to banking their votes by voting in early. This is what is meant by "banking your vote." A bit different than calling for rival candidates to drop out of the race at this point.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I have no problem giving Trump props for endosing this RNC initiative encouraging voters to sign up and commit to banking their votes by voting in early. This is what is meant by "banking your vote." A bit different than calling for rival candidates to drop out of the race at this point.

The former president and GOP front-runner said the Florida governor and others are wasting money that should be used to build “a massive vote-gathering operation.”

This was in the unfurl of the article you quoted. I wanted to differentiate Bank Your Vote from any impression that it might be some kind of get out the vote organization devoted only to Trump

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Now. I know, INGO is a family friendly site. And I try to respect that. I'm puzzled though about why you starred out "rubber". At least I assume that's the word. I mean. Why is that not family friendly? :dunno:

I use that term all the time. Obviously it's referring to worn out tires. :):

Just what are YOU talking about that it needs to be starred out?
    It's anti-family... well, at least if it works correctly. :):

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This was in the unfurl of the article you quoted. I wanted to differentiate Bank Your Vote from any impression that it might be some kind of get out the vote organization devoted only to Trump
    FWIW I never got that impression, nor have I seen BYV being brought up to benefit only Trump. Although I do believe he called on rival candidates to "clear the deck " now for his benefit.

Regardless of that no matter what the reason I appreciated you bringing attention to the RNC initiative that Trump supports. That's why I looked it up and found the short YT video and posted it for others that might not be aware of the initiative and his endorsement. It's not all about "bashing" Trump.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Where DeSantis stands on the issues, or whether he has backed off Ukraine issues immediately when challenged, apparently isn't what matters most to the ardent Desantivist. DeSantis could fold like a camp chair at the first pushback on a correctly America First policy position on the Ukraine war and the most ardent DeSantivists would retcon the retreat later as 'nuanced' and 'taking a firm stance' and how that was a good thing. We're still here it seems

'But that was different' in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

That's another wrong prediction. I'm not claiming it's different for DeSantis. I think you've overplayed DeSantis backing off. I listened to his interview on it and I think his policy as he stated it is right. I don't have a problem with it.

People were right to push back when DeSantis says "it's a territorial dispute". It's obviously more than just a territorial dispute because Russia invaded a sovereign nation to take it over. So saying it's a territorial dispute is not the right policy because it's inaccurate to say that.

I think the correct policy statement is that it's not our business to try to save Ukraine, which is in Eastern Europe. It's Europe's business. Europe should handle it. We can sell them weapons for cash though.

And the correct US-first implementation of that policy is to end our involvement in Ukraine and let Europeans handle it. I support Ukraine in that Russia had no right to invade them. It's not our place to right every wrong in the world.

Now I do give Trump credit for his plan to end the war. It could work. But then that's involving us. That's fine. But it's not specifically US-first.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The follow up question being, is Desantis exactly who he says he is? Sent by God?

That's a dangerous claim to make
    I mean, dangerous like a lightening bolt will strike him down? Or dangerous in that he may lose his name it/claim it status :):

Meh, I think he'll be fine in either case.

But. It's a big negative. It's a huge eye-roller. yet another GOP candidate with a god complex.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I'm not going to sign up to pledge to vote early. I'll just do it. that's how I've done it for the past several years. This looks to me like an email harvesting operation. Sorry. My vote is all you get. They mentioned helping at polling stations. I'd be happy to help with that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom