• mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I never in my life thought I would care about flowers. Until now. Last year my fiance and I put a lot of work into our front yard and planted tulips and daffodils and they just started blooming for the first time this year last week. Now its cold and snowing again and I don't want our flowers to freeze. The other bulbs we planted a few weeks ago (I think star gazer lillys and gladiolas if I remember right) I'm not worried about.

It's just funny because 16yo me wouldn't have cared one bit about the flowers in the garden. Now 26yo me is worried about our pretty little plants.

Funny what 10 years and a woman can change a man into ain't it?

:+1:

I was worried about mine too cause I have all kinds of flowers coming up. Woke up to snow this morning and was worried about them...and then I saw 9 deer in my back yard eating some of my lillies and started yelling out the window! They just looked at me like I was nuts and kept eating. :ugh: During hunting season, I hardly saw any but they apparently have returned from wherever they were hiding.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    The FDA allows every 100 grams of apple butter to have four or more rodent hairs and an average of 5 or more “whole or equivalent” insects. That's about 1 rodent hair and 1.6 insects per serving.

The average fast food patron eats 12 pubic hairs in a given year.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    The FDA allows every 100 grams of apple butter to have four or more rodent hairs and an average of 5 or more “whole or equivalent” insects. That's about 1 rodent hair and 1.6 insects per serving.

The average fast food patron eats 12 pubic hairs in a given year.

I'll take "Stats I'd really rather not know" for $1,000 Alex.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    :+1:

I was worried about mine too cause I have all kinds of flowers coming up. Woke up to snow this morning and was worried about them...and then I saw 9 deer in my back yard eating some of my lillies and started yelling out the window! They just looked at me like I was nuts and kept eating. :ugh: During hunting season, I hardly saw any but they apparently have returned from wherever they were hiding.

My experiences were opposite. When I first moved out from home, I lived far enough out in the country to have most every type of animal found in Indiana. One morning, I woke up to hear some strange noises outside my window. Two fawns were the source, and having one of those creative moments, I entertained the question of whether or not they would listen if I were to talk to them, so I tried it. They stood there listening to my until I heard this really loud grunt from the woods at which point both of the youngsters immediately turned and burned. On the other hand, during hunting season, I frequently had deer bed down behind my car. I suppose they were perceptive enough to figure out that hunting there was not accepted and adjusted accordingly.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My experiences were opposite. When I first moved out from home, I lived far enough out in the country to have most every type of animal found in Indiana. One morning, I woke up to hear some strange noises outside my window. Two fawns were the source, and having one of those creative moments, I entertained the question of whether or not they would listen if I were to talk to them, so I tried it. They stood there listening to my until I heard this really loud grunt from the woods at which point both of the youngsters immediately turned and burned. On the other hand, during hunting season, I frequently had deer bed down behind my car. I suppose they were perceptive enough to figure out that hunting there was not accepted and adjusted accordingly.

Normally during hunting season my husband is out in his stand seeing little to nothing, and I see tons by the house. This year, neither of us were seeing them. The ones in the yard are used to me talking to them and rarely run when they see me. That is probably why yelling out the window had no effect! I like watching them, but need little "do not eat the flower" signs or something so they understand what is ok and what is not. :):

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My husband informed me that we are out of cookies. Apparently, this is a crisis that must be remedied today.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    You're going to teach him how to bake?

:lol2: That's pretty funny there. I think it that were suggested, I might have to learn to fix that lawnmower he is working on. I'm thinking heath bar cookies sound good.

My anger management classes are pissing me off!!:xmad:

Maybe you need a different teacher?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    :lol2: That's pretty funny there. I think it that were suggested, I might have to learn to fix that lawnmower he is working on. I'm thinking heath bar cookies sound good.

It sounds like our days are running pretty much parallel. I am sitting here thinking about what to make to eat and remembering that I need to take my Gravely tractor to the mechanic after failing to fix it myself so that I can get some mowing done around the farm.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    It sounds like our days are running pretty much parallel. I am sitting here thinking about what to make to eat and remembering that I need to take my Gravely tractor to the mechanic after failing to fix it myself so that I can get some mowing done around the farm.

He fixed a log splitter for a guy a couple of weeks ago. This guy's brother called yesterday and asked if he could work on his weed whacker. Hubby says if it has a motor, I can fix it. Guy shows up an hour later...trailer has a lawn mower, log splitter, small tiller, weed whacker, chain saw and a few other items. Apparently, nothing this guy owns runs! Oh well...now he has something to do besides firewood.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    My husband informed me that we are out of cookies. Apparently, this is a crisis that must be remedied today.

Cookies are just a minor annoyance when they run out. Now if I run out of icecream, That has warranted an emergency store visit. In fact it happened last Sunday.

Top Bottom