• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Infinity exists regardless of mankind's ability to conceptualize it.

Thought experiment:

Let's say we figuratively put everything in existence into a box. In order for that box to take shape as a 6 sided construct, we have essentially created boundaries to what is inside the box and what is outside the box.

What is outside the box is the continuation of infinity whether it be infinite solid, space or matter interspersed with space.

Infinity therefore cannot be bounded and cannot be measured. No limit exists as well as no point of origin. Infinity has always been infinite.

Now due to the universal truth that is infinity and I say that to mean that we can always trust infinity to be the quality of infinite, we can then know that infinity is a quality that can be applicable to an infinite number of qualities.

Infinitely large
    Infinitely small
    Infinite time
    Infinite space
    Infinite matter
    Infinite levels of intelligence or life forms
    Infinite forms of energy
    On and on because infinity has room for everything.

Infinity has its concept and function in mathematics, but I think infinity proves itself to exist in the physical realm as well.

If infinity is limited, then educate me on the word that is that which is beyond infinity. If this is so, then our definition of infinity is incorrect.

Thank you

PART 2:

Here I'll state an additional perspective on how the concept of infinity might work. Many are debating whether infinity is a closed or open system. I'm a visual thinker. That's why I've put forward the idea of applying the term infinity to a figurative box that holds everything in this universe. You simply scale it down to looking at a box in your backyard for instance. Of course the box is then surrounded by earths atmosphere to the space in our solar system and on and on until you finally see that "NO" that box that holds everything can't be infinity because much more goes on whether it be space or matter.

Now on to that additional concept of how infinity could be both an open system and a closed one, meeting the stipulations of the paradoxical properties that infinity calls for.

Imagine a Möbius strip. Now with an understanding of chaos theory and what bifurcations are, apply a bifurcation chart to each side of the strip of paper that will be made into the Möbius strip. Now imagine that Möbius strip is continually looping. The mobius strip represents space and time while the bifurcation chart represents matter and energy and how it changes from total consolidation to dispersion into the chaos of variation that matter and energy can manifest to become.

Follow that looping Möbius strip around and you'll come to find there are infinite beginnings and endings for a universe as time infinitely goes on. Matter and energy continually consolidates and figuratively explodes or expands once again as time goes on. This is my scaled down analog of a universe.

Now you may see that there is no beginning or end to the universe.
    That the 2nd law of thermodynamics holds true regarding entropy.
    That the law of conservation of energy holds true meaning that nothing is created nor destroyed...
    Hence, it was always there and always will be.
    The only thing different will be how it unfolds and how it collapses each time.

Free yourself from your Galilean Invariance.

That. Was. Awesome.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    The sea cucumber is an interesting case and may have something to tell us about evolution. A sea cucumber in it's beginnings develops a rudimentary brain. Further on this organ redissolves and the cucumber is left with only a stomach and stalk. As though it tried out that organ and decided only madness lies in that direction. Learn from the sea cucumber. it has seen the future.......

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Yep... 9am to 7pm. I'm covering for somebody in the morning and also working my regular other hours. It'll help make up for taking tomorrow off. :yesway:

Although I would not want to spend that much time on my feet I would love to spend ten hours talking to people about guns. That would be a job I could look forward to. P.S. please do not burst my fantasy bubble with stories of stupid customers and the stupid things they do and say. Let me enjoy my little dream world. Thank you. ;)

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I had a dream I was being chased by a dinosaur. There were several options to hide behind. I could have hidden behind a horse, or a few other things (can't recall). I said out loud which ones I'd hide behind and then chose a barn instead (diversion). The dinosaur passed all the others and came for me. It asked me why I chose to hide behind the barn and asked if there was some joke about dinosaurs, barns, and picket fences. I said no, I figured you'd eat the other things and get full so you'd stop chasing me. He listened and laughed. Good times.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    P.S. please do not burst my fantasy bubble with stories of stupid customers and the stupid things they do and say. Let me enjoy my little dream world. Thank you. ;)
    Mr.Jet seriously (and I mean SERIOUSLY) wants me to write a funny book. Seems like every day something laughable happens. I can't even remember them all now, but he keeps saying "See?? Write that down!!"
    Right. Who'd buy that?? LOL!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Mr.Jet seriously (and I mean SERIOUSLY) wants me to write a funny book. Seems like every day something laughable happens. I can't even remember them all now, but he keeps saying "See?? Write that down!!"
    Right. Who'd buy that?? LOL!

Me.

It would make a great book for the "B" room.

Top Bottom