• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I figured the White House would do something.

Cant have Trump make Biden look like a possums pecker.
    I will take your word for it. I must admit I do not know what a possum's pecker looks like. No photos needed. I'll just use my imagination.

But. The thought occurred to me that Biden might make that apparent when he sniffs children.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Now that's not right. Those people should be able to sue.
    It is technically in the supreme courts hands,but what ever they rule will have large implications(can people sue a corporation founded and incorporated in another state). The current DOJ wants the answer to be no.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It is technically in the supreme courts hands,but what ever they rule will have large implications(can people sue a corporation founded and incorporated in another state). The current DOJ wants the answer to be no.
    Oh. So they're saying they don't want Sandy Hook parents to be able to sue Bushmaster? Interesting. This must really be a high dollar deal for the whitehouse for them to choose protecting the railroad from lawsuits over the holy grail of allowing shooting victims to sue gun manufacturers.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Oh. So they're saying they don't want Sandy Hook parents to be able to sue Bushmaster? Interesting. This must really be a high dollar deal for the whitehouse for them to choose protecting the railroad from lawsuits over the holy grail of allowing shooting victims to sue gun manufacturers.
    But its an apples/oranges comparison.

But employees of Bushmaster didnt shoot those kids.

A proper analogy would be blocking suits against GE for building the locomotive, Gary's Tank Cars Inc for building the tankers, or Bogeys R Us for building the train wheels.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    But its an apples/oranges comparison.

But employees of Bushmaster didnt shoot those kids.

A proper analogy would be blocking suits against GE for building the locomotive, Gary's Tank Cars Inc for building the tankers, or Bogeys R Us for building the train wheels.
    I'm not really using it as an analogy. I'm saying that if they get what they want, it would tend to make it harder to sue any company, not just the railroad. So then that would include gun manufacturers.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm not really using it as an analogy. I'm saying that if they get what they want, it would tend to make it harder to sue any company, not just the railroad. So then that would include gun manufacturers.
    Except there is still a fine line. You sue the operator of the device that caused the harm, not the maker of the device. In sandy hook it was a psycho. In this case its NS. That is where folks need to understand the distinct difference.

Just because they allow NS to be sued because they directly caused harm, doesnt mean it will (should) transfer to gun companies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Except there is still a fine line. You sue the operator of the device that caused the harm, not the maker of the device. In sandy hook it was a psycho. In this case its NS. That is where folks need to understand the distinct difference.

Just because they allow NS to be sued because they directly caused harm, doesnt mean it will (should) transfer to gun companies.
    Is it strictly the operator? IANAL and the article I read didn't really get into that detail. So I'm probably missing something.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    If the .gov decides you can’t sue out side the state of incorporation, then limit the corporation from operating outside the state they are incorporated in. Only real equitable answer.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

Guess that explains why national weather service took down the projection maps(showed the wind blow the toxic cloud into Canada before it changed direction to the east again,while the fire was still burning). Much of that is probably from cars though. Wonder if anyone in Canada is testing for things?

Top Bottom