• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gassprint1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    The only good thing arising from this train wreck debacle are the calls surfacing to make that idiot Buttigieg resign or be forced out from office. We all should be so lucky if this dirt bag was to disappear from politics! My :twocents:!
    And if it was tump in office, he would have fired many already like he did when he was in. He didn't play around with incompetent blow hards.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The only good thing arising from this train wreck debacle are the calls surfacing to make that idiot Buttigieg resign or be forced out from office. We all should be so lucky if this dirt bag was to disappear from politics! My :twocents:!
    Booterjudge seems more interested in being an LGBTQ+ secretary than a transportation secretary.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Apples do not fall far from the tree.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Yeah, but the thing is that libs hardly ever resign. The only thing that would force a Buttigieg termination resignation would be multiple authenticated sexual harassments, like Coumo.

The dems are full of lying not job performing actors. Just look at them all, the kinda tolerable performers can be counted on one hand.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

Credit to Godfearinguntotin for his link,it is where I found the link I posted.

I read the entire thing. It sounds like after Trumps announced visit the Biden administration decided to send FEMA fact checkers. I do not believe,even by their own statement they are sending anyone to actually help. FEMA "Tomorrow,we'll supplement federal efforts by deploying a senior response official and regional management assistance team" Sounds like fact checkers being sent to me.

I found the call out over the brake issue also informative.

Buttigieg claimed on Tuesday he is “constrained by law on some areas of rail regulation” and then cited a “braking rule” that was removed in 2018 during the Trump administration.

But National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) Chair Jennifer Homendy retorted on Twitter: “PLEASE STOP SPREADING MISINFORMATION” about the cause of the train disaster.

She blasted the claim as “misinformation" and directly addressed the ECP (electronically controlled pneumatic) brake rule.
    "That leads me to my last point: anyone speculating about what happened, didn’t happen, or should've happened is misleading a suffering community – PLEASE STOP SPREADING MISINFORMATION. For example… Some are saying the ECP (electronically controlled pneumatic) brake rule, if implemented, would’ve prevented this derailment. FALSE.”

The NTSB Chair explained that “The ECP braking rule would’ve applied ONLY to HIGH HAZARD FLAMMABLE TRAINS,” and that “the train that derailed in East Palestine was a MIXED FREIGHT TRAIN containing only 3 placarded Class 3 flammable liquids cars.”

“This means even if the rule had gone into effect, this train wouldn’t have had ECP brakes,” Homendy stated.

Homendy expanded on the reason that blaming the removal of the brake rule under the Trump administration was a false narrative.
    At the same time as it was lobbying for the lax safety rules, Norfolk Southern paid executives millions and spent billions on stock buybacks, even as it shed thousands of employees despite warnings that understaffing would increase safety risks. Norfolk Southern officials also fought off a shareholder initiative that would have required executives to “assess, review, and mitigate risks of hazardous material transportation.”

Then she drops this lol. All the above does not include everything said or shown(with links and images). It is just a summary. If you want the true picture go to the link and read it all on your own.

Homendy
    The Biden administration on Thursday had rejected Republican Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine's request for emergency aid to deal with the ecological disaster ensuing from the Norfolk Southern train derailment. But it's amazing what a little political one-upsmanship from Donald Trump can accomplish to push a Biden administration that is apparently only interested in optics.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    We have to assume trains will derail. We have to assume some derailed trains will be carrying hazmat. We have to assume occasionally some of the carried hazmat escapes containment. After that I used to assume cleanup would begin. This Ohio incident proves my assumption of cleanup to be wrong. The accident aside, the response to it has been virtually absent.
    Fine the railroad 1Billion for each derailment and I bet they change their views on routine maintenance.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Two miles out,east of the burn. A daily mail reporter actually toured their property.

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    They missed one(they have edited or erased most of these at the CDC and EPA). I think this is the only link left that even mentions the effects on children.

If you are wondering if the water will be safe...look no further. Only there it was a few thousand gallons, in Ohio it is tens of thousands of gallons.
    North Carolina Camp Lejeune

Top Bottom