• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I think the copy link vs copy solves the mystery.
    Not sure, both links look identical. I just copied the URL from the NS site and pasted it here. I tried to just open his link, and plain copy and paste it and came up with the same 404 result on both. But the one I posted seems to work. So I have no idea.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Not sure, both links look identical. I just copied the URL from the NS site and pasted it here. I tried to just open his link, and plain copy and paste it and came up with the same 404 result on both. But the one I posted seems to work. So I have no idea.
    An html link tag has a href property which is the url, and the tag can surround text. The text is what shows on the page. So if the text shows it in url form, but the underlying href property is different, then when you copy it, you're copying the text. When you copy link, you're copying the href property value.

If the two are different, and copying link works and copying the text doesn't, that explains it.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    An html link tag has a href property which is the url, and the tag can surround text. The text is what shows on the page. So if the text shows it in url form, but the underlying href property is different, then when you copy it, you're copying the text. When you copy link, you're copying the href property value.

If the two are different, and copying link works and copying the text doesn't, that explains it.
    This is a bit above my head, but... I tried just clicking on his link, right click then open link in a new tab, copy link and then pasting in a tab, highlight the text then copy/paste, and just highlight the text without the url tag in "reply" window. I got 404 for all of them. His link appears to be identical to mine, but mine works.
    Here is his.

Here is mine.

In this reply when I turned off BB code, they look identical. But with preview and when posting they show up differently.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    This is a bit above my head, but... I tried just clicking on his link, right click then open link in a new tab, copy link and then pasting in a tab, highlight the text then copy/paste, and just highlight the text without the url tag in "reply" window. I got 404 for all of them. His link appears to be identical to mine, but mine works.
    Here is his.

Here is mine.

In this reply when I turned off BB code, they look identical. But with preview and when posting they show up differently.
    His is "https" yours is "http"

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Your not talking about just crossings, huge sections of track would need to be elevated.
    Elevate the road. The cars aren't pulling the tonnage.
    Start with the busiest of roads, start working your way down.
    Many already are done like this, especially newer roads.
    Doesn't have to be done all at once.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    That might work for some roads, but would require a crap ton of taking land for it for others. Raising the roads would restrict access to property on those roads. They would have to put in service roads for the properties along side the road like they do for highways. Along with some rural areas where the tracks parallel the roads, for the cross roads they would have to install cloverleafs or similar which again would take a lot of property. Heck in your neck of the woods look at the tracks by 169th and Kennedy in Hessvile, that would be one heck of a cluster **** to change.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    That might work for some roads, but would require a crap ton of taking land for it for others. Raising the roads would restrict access to property on those roads. They would have to put in service roads for the properties along side the road like they do for highways. Along with some rural areas where the tracks parallel the roads, for the cross roads they would have to install cloverleafs or similar which again would take a lot of property. Heck in your neck of the woods look at the tracks by 169th and Kennedy in Hessvile, that would be one heck of a cluster **** to change.
    How much of a cluster **** is it when the car full of poisonous venom crash and poison the area?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That isn't going to work in a lot of places. It takes room to make an overpass. Now you are taking some people's homes, or others lose access to the road. It might work for some rural areas, but even a lot of those would not be possible.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    elevating either is a challenge. It takes less height to elevate a track than it does a road. You are looking at only going up 20' or so for going over a road. But if you want to elevate a road over the tracks, You are looking at at least double that, sometimes quadruple or more. So that means your approaches are going to need to start much farther back.

For no more accidents than we have, this juice aint worth the squeeze.

Top Bottom