• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I posted in this thread about 60 miles south of the burn pit. https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/train-derailment-in-ohio-and-chemical-release.532015/page-7

Since that was 60 miles south,by a municipal water company how can anyone believe the water closer is ok to drink,even if the EPA says it is so? 60 miles south they are using hundreds of pound of activated carbon to remove contamination,but at the actual site they just say it is ok to drink.

Logic would say the water at the source is contaminated,no matter what the EPA is saying.
    Yes I saw that, running water will flow contaminates much faster than perking through the soil. They tested raw river water going into the processing plant, it tested at 1.23 ppb, 25 miles or so upstream it was 12.5 ppb, which was at the creek that the contamination flows into the rive from. The minimum risk level for butyl acetate is 560 ppb. Which is the minimum about that is estimated to be able to eat/drink/breath everyday without risk of health.

Not to mention that East Palestine doesn't get their water from the river, they get it from wells about a mile away from the derailment site. Once again it takes time for the chemicals to perk through the soil. From the OH EPA testing shows no contamination from the spill in the raw water at the wells.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've never understood how they set the numbers on some acetates like N-Butyl or ethyl, these chemicals are found in fruits and wine naturally and are what contribute to the flavor and smell.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Yes I saw that, running water will flow contaminates much faster than perking through the soil. They tested raw river water going into the processing plant, it tested at 1.23 ppb, 25 miles or so upstream it was 12.5 ppb, which was at the creek that the contamination flows into the rive from. The minimum risk level for butyl acetate is 560 ppb. Which is the minimum about that is estimated to be able to eat/drink/breath everyday without risk of health.

Not to mention that East Palestine doesn't get their water from the river, they get it from wells about a mile away from the derailment site. Once again it takes time for the chemicals to perk through the soil. From the OH EPA testing shows no contamination from the spill in the raw water at the wells.
    Personally I would rather look at the data,than to have someone tell me it is ok. It is not ok. This is from the 10th(from the well tests he is talking about).

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Even the good guys arent that bright.
    Just heard a politician lamenting that "all animals in the creeks and rivers are gone." . Sounds awful.

Then he proceeds to list off all cold blooded creatures that surprise! You wouldn't find in a HEALTHY creek this time of year because they are in hibernation because they are cold blooded.

SMH

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Even the good guys arent that bright.
    Just heard a politician lamenting that "all animals in the creeks and rivers are gone." . Sounds awful.

Then he proceeds to list off all cold blooded creatures that surprise! You wouldn't find in a HEALTHY creek this time of year because they are in hibernation because they are cold blooded.

SMH
    I have seen video of dead frogs and salamanders from the area creeks. I am pretty sure they were forced awake by the chemicals and tried to get away from them.

Side note. As the senator points out in the video above your post all current water testing,even the epa and state testing is going through Norfolk Southern. He wants that to changed.

He also explains why FEMA is not involved. Ironically it is to hold Norfolk Southern accountable,instead of the federal government. That may also change he said,if Norfolk does not do things they should. Great press conference with information I had not yet heard(example putting french drains under the track they just built to drain out chemicals).

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have seen video of dead frogs and salamanders from the area creeks. I am pretty sure they where forced awake by the chemicals and tried to get away from them.

Side note. As the senator points out in the video above your post all current water testing,even the epa and state testing is going through Norfolk Southern. He wants that to changed.

He also explains why FEMA is not involved. Ironically it is to hold Norfolk Southern accountable,instead of the federal government. That may also change he said,if Norfolk does not do things they should. Great press conference with information I had not yet heard(example putting french drains under the track they just build to drain out chemicals).
    And NPR is reporting that testing comes via a 3rd party that is making (?*) people sign a waiver absolving them and NS of any liability to prevent them from suing. Apparently this company "follows railroads around after accidents".

The person being interviewed didnt sign it, but indicated hundreds of her fellow townfolk had not realizing what they were giving up.

*The lady interviewed didnt say if they would still do the test without a signature

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    “I’m asking they trust the government. I know that’s hard. We know there’s a lack of trust,” Regan said. “We’re testing for everything that was on that train.”
    Want to prove to me the water is safe? Have Pete and his butt buddy spouse bring their child spawn to East Palestine and spend the weekend in someone's house breathing the air and drinking the tap water.

PeteBaby.jpg

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Posted this.

Of course they are still not testing for Dioxin's,though the EPA is fully aware burning vinyl chloride creates dioxin.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Personally I would rather look at the data,than to have someone tell me it is ok. It is not ok. This is from the 10th(from the well tests he is talking about).

I've seen the water data. What exactly in it do you think posses a health hazard and how does it link to the derailment? There was one chemical found that exceeded the reporting limit, that being carbon disulfide. I can't find anything linking that to the train, can you? Unfortunately I can't find a MCL/MRL for that.
    I have seen video of dead frogs and salamanders from the area creeks. I am pretty sure they were forced awake by the chemicals and tried to get away from them.

He also explains why FEMA is not involved. Ironically it is to hold Norfolk Southern accountable,instead of the federal government. That may also change he said,if Norfolk does not do things they should. Great press conference with information I had not yet heard(example putting french drains under the track they just built to drain out chemicals).
    Regarding your side note, that is not what the senator stated. He said a lot of the testing being done is by a contractor hired by NS. Not that all the water testing was going through them, or that the EPA and state testing was going through them.
    Posted this.

Of course they are still not testing for Dioxin's,though the EPA is fully aware burning vinyl chloride creates dioxin.
    No that person did not post that. A hippy astrologer posted that. That post did contain one sentence from that professor.
    “Vinyl chloride is bad, dioxins are worse as carcinogens and that comes from burning,” Donahue said.
    Regarding that statement and testing.
    There is also the theoretical possibility of burning vinyl chloride forming dioxins which are known carcinogens. So far, no dioxins have been detected.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I've seen the water data. What exactly in it do you think posses a health hazard and how does it link to the derailment? There was one chemical found that exceeded the reporting limit, that being carbon disulfide. I can't find anything linking that to the train, can you? Unfortunately I can't find a MCL/MRL for that.

Regarding your side note, that is not what the senator stated. He said a lot of the testing being done is by a contractor hired by NS. Not that all the water testing was going through them, or that the EPA and state testing was going through them.

No that person did not post that. A hippy astrologer posted that. That post did contain one sentence from that professor.

Regarding that statement and testing.

Ok. The guy I posted (an investigative journalist that used to write horoscopes,but has covered chemical spills and dioxin for decades and also has multiple degrees in chemistry ) is a better source than your PHD Joe SChwarcz the clairvoyant.

*side note I am starting to wonder how crazy or how many drugs you have to take to be a phd

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    1676657295773.png

Was this guy picked for his administrative position because of "ethnicity" or "equity" or "diversity" or any other "...ity" the same as mayor Pete was? ...

...Was he a "check the box" pick also, rather than someone who could actually do the job?

1676657482356.png

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Ok. The guy I posted (an investigative journalist that used to write horoscopes,but has covered chemical spills and dioxin for decades and also has multiple degrees in chemistry ) is a better source than your PHD Joe SChwarcz the clairvoyant.

*side note I am starting to wonder how crazy or how many drugs you have to take to be a phd
    I'm going to need a cite that he has multiple degrees in chemistry. Best I can find is that he has a B.A. in English-Anthropology that's from his Linkedin profile. Oh and still writes horoscopes.

And now that is funny. You do realize that he writes for "quackwatch" and is not the "quack" featured in those articles right? If you had actually read your link he doesn't claim to be clairvoyant, he's pointing out the bs(or quackery). To quote the end of it.
    Anyone with a scientific background would of course recognize the garbled rhetoric we heard as total nonsense, albeit somewhat entertaining. But it was also clear that this clairvoyant/naturopath has clients who accept her abilities as more than just fun. And that isn’t funny.

And any answers to what you find concerning regarding those water tests? And how they are related to the train derailment of course.

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Speaking of quacks, any updates on your theory as to when all the banks are going to collapse, and when the Ruble is going to become the new prominent reserve currency?

:coffee:

Top Bottom