• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If people wanted this utopia they would be growing it organically. Having it shoved down by billionaire busy bodies is going to fail.

Well, if someone wants to move there, and deal with that... fine. That's on them.
    I'm SURE everyone will not mistreat the car, or dirty it.
    I'm sure the gas will always be full, or electric topped off.

And when maintenance time comes around, I'm sure they'll take it in for work.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    CA trying to outlaw 100ll avgas, the great mother of all ADs is coming. I figured it would show up during obie's term, one of the reasons I got out.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Not electric.

This is the one I was thinking of. I first heard of it before covid.

Honestly, living in a city like Chicago, it makes sense. It can cost a fortune to own a car there, and there really isn't a need for one on a regular basis.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Not electric.

This is the one I was thinking of. I first heard of it before covid.

Honestly, living in a city like Chicago, it makes sense. It can cost a fortune to own a car there, and there really isn't a need for one on a regular basis.
    True. City life makes things different.
    Still a problem with things used by multiple people.
    And this program was subsidized, and still different.

Last edited:

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

IMG_20240921_085312_071.jpg

The earth is cooler now than it ever has been according to scientists.
    The point I get out of this is there is no climate change other than the normal changing of the seasons.

So what will the global warming/climate change brainwashed do now?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The revelations about Earth’s scorching past are further reason for concern about modern climate change, said Emily Judd, a researcher at University of Arizona and the Smithsonian specializing in ancient climates and the lead author of the study. The timeline illustrates how swift and dramatic temperature shifts were associated with many of the world’s worst moments — including a mass extinction that wiped out roughly 90 percent of all species and the asteroid strike that killed the dinosaurs.

“We know that these catastrophic events … shift the landscape of what life looks like,” Judd said. “When the environment warms that fast, animals and plants can’t keep pace with it.”

At no point in the nearly half-billion years that Judd and her colleagues analyzed did the Earth change as fast as it is changing now, she added:

“In the same way as a massive asteroid hitting the Earth, what we’re doing now is unprecedented.”

You see. That actually proves there is a big problem. Silly Neanderthal.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

View attachment 381633

The point I get out of this is there is no climate change other than the normal changing of the seasons.

They'll ignore it or the twist the statistics, as they always do.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    They'll ignore it or the twist the statistics, as they always do.
    They all ready did in the article. We can't evolve fast enough to change if you believe in evolution, and the old earth theory.

Also if the earth is as old as they say it is it's going to take millions of more years to change. We and many many generations will not be around to see it.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

View attachment 381633

"The researchers created the temperature curve using an approach called data assimilation. This allowed them to combine data from the geologic record and climate models to create a more cohesive understanding of ancient climates."

So it's probably BS, too.

I have a difficult time believing "temperature indicators" drilled out of rocks can really achieve a resolution of a few degrees F, but even accepting that, they infused the whole thing with the same old computer models rigged with the same old assumptions.

It's pretty obviously not cooler than EVER, because we've had ice ages and glaciers.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    "The researchers created the temperature curve using an approach called data assimilation. This allowed them to combine data from the geologic record and climate models to create a more cohesive understanding of ancient climates."

So it's probably BS, too.

I have a difficult time believing "temperature indicators" drilled out of rocks can really achieve a resolution of a few degrees F, but even accepting that, they infused the whole thing with the same old computer models rigged with the same old assumptions.

It's pretty obviously not cooler than EVER, because we've had ice ages and glaciers.
    Apparently we are still in an "Ice Age".

This article pretty much totally disagrees with the climate alarmists. It's a pretty interesting article.
    Records show that ice ages typically develop slowly, whereas they end more abruptly. Glacials and interglacials within an ice age display this same trend.

On a shorter time scale, global temperatures fluctuate often and rapidly. Various records reveal numerous large, widespread, abrupt climate changes over the past 100,000 years. One of the more recent intriguing findings is the remarkable speed of these changes. Within the incredibly short time span (by geologic standards) of only a few decades or even a few years, global temperatures have fluctuated by as much as 15°F (8°C) or more. For example, as Earth was emerging out of the last glacial cycle, the warming trend was interrupted 12,800 years ago when temperatures dropped dramatically in only several decades. A mere 1,300 years later, temperatures locally spiked as much as 20°F (11°C) within just several years. Sudden changes like this occurred at least 24 times during the past 100,000 years. In a relative sense, we are in a time of unusually stable temperatures today—how long will it last?

Top Bottom