• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Tony Katz pointed out something a bit ago that I hadnt put my finger on yet.

Mayor Pete and the rest of this administration is a failure. Instead of showing up quickly with FEMA and others asking "what do you need? How can we help?" they stand around pointing fingers at Trump.

As of an hour ago, reports are FEMA is actively refusing to help. They hate you, flyover Americans. You're disposable.

It's not a failure to them. It's intentional. That area and that town proudly proclaim themselves as MAGA republicans.

It'd be a different story if the disaster was in an urban area or blue state.

This should be a lesson to us, should we have any kind of disaster, natural or govt created.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    An unnerving thought; How close do any of us live to a railroad track? How close is the railroad to your water source?

For me, it's a mile. My daughter and grandkids are about the same. :runaway:

Chilling thought as the FNC anchor interviewing Mike Pence stated that the train that crashed came through Indiana on the way to the Ohio crash. First time hearing that... :nailbite:

1676576743111.png

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Last edited:

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    And another derailment carrying “hazardous chems”
    These didn't rupture. I’m not sure if they left a 20mile stretch of molten steel behind though?

I thought I heard the Ohio cars were not ruptured. At least not until the government set off a small explosion where they could flood the streams and soil and burn off the chemicals into the air. Of course the logic was a small controlled explosion rather than a massive uncontrolled explosion.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    We have to assume trains will derail. We have to assume some derailed trains will be carrying hazmat. We have to assume occasionally some of the carried hazmat escapes containment. After that I used to assume cleanup would begin. This Ohio incident proves my assumption of cleanup to be wrong. The accident aside, the response to it has been virtually absent.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    We have to assume trains will derail. We have to assume some derailed trains will be carrying hazmat. We have to assume occasionally some of the carried hazmat escapes containment. After that I used to assume cleanup would begin. This Ohio incident proves my assumption of cleanup to be wrong. The accident aside, the response to it has been virtually absent.
    And one would think based on those assumptions that they would limit the amount of hazmat per train to minimize damage when it happens.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    The epa says everything is great,but they also said they buried pools of "free liquids" to get the tracks up and running again. No one is making that up,they said it themselves.

"Five railcar tankers of vinyl chloride were intentionally breached; the vinyl chloride was diverted to an excavated trench and then burned off. Areas of contaminated soil and free liquids were observed and potentially covered and/or filled during reconstruction of the rail line including portions of the trench /burn pit that was used for the open burn off of vinyl chloride," the EPA said in the letter.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    The epa says everything is great,but they also said they buried pools of "free liquids" to get the tracks up and running again. No one is making that up,they said it themselves.

"Five railcar tankers of vinyl chloride were intentionally breached; the vinyl chloride was diverted to an excavated trench and then burned off. Areas of contaminated soil and free liquids were observed and potentially covered and/or filled during reconstruction of the rail line including portions of the trench /burn pit that was used for the open burn off of vinyl chloride," the EPA said in the letter.

Imagine what the EPA would do to me if I accidently spilt a quart of oil in my creek.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    Chilling thought as the FNC anchor interviewing Mike Pence stated that the train that crashed came through Indiana on the way to the Ohio crash. First time hearing that... :nailbite:

View attachment 256070

The train was reported to have originated at Madison IL (presumably at the Terminal Railroad Association of St. Louis yard there) and was enroute to the NSConway Yard along the Ohio River west of Pittsburgh.

East of Conway the VC cars would have headed through Pittsburgh on one of three lines; either along the Allegheny and Kiski Rivers to rejoin the main line west of Johnstown, through the passenger station and city center on the main line, or along the Monongahela River to rejoin the main line at Port Perry, just east of US Steel’s Edgar Thomson Works.

Exactly which lines were used across Illinois and Indiana aren’t clear to me.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Lets see, Dot 111 tank car has a max capacity of about 100 tons and holds a test pressure of 100 PSI. The most powerful thermobaric weapons made are Russian and use about 7 tons of ethylene oxide to get a 40 ton TNT explosive yield. Divide 7 into 100 and multiply by 40, that's potential, per tank car. One partial leaking tank car blowing off and detonating would have certainly torn the rest of the cars to bits adding their vinyl chloride to the blast. Controlled burn was the only decision, and the guy on the ground making it knew he might be blown to atoms if he waited too long.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Too bad this didn`t happen in Ukraine ...........

1. This ****es me off to no end; we can send billions to Ukraine to launder their money and make them and their military industrial complex buddies fat stacks of cash, but we can’t do what we’re supposed to at home for our own citizens. This is how I know 100% without a doubt that the Republic is dead.

2. Mark Moss at it again with good analysis. Not new information really, but some good food for thought:

3:

FF354746-8A7D-44D1-B97B-ACC27B4DECA5.jpeg

Top Bottom