• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    When we were told that covid was primarily spread by droplets, and not through the air, the rationale behind even the cloth masks seemed plausible. But as soon as it was evident that the spread is primarily aerosolized, well that ended any plausible claim that cloth masks could be of any use.

Even N95 masks weren't ever going to stop covid. I think one study of both cloth and N95 masks said cloth effectiveness was negligible while N95's were somewhat effective if worn properly. But "properly" means correctly fitted, no facial hair, a time limit for wearing must be observed, throw away when that time period is used, and no reuse. Which essentially means N95 makes are not practical for the masses. Impossible for children. So I think health care workers could benefit from that. They work in an environment where it's more practical to wear them "properly". But c'mon. Making your kids wear N95's is gonna save the world from covid? That's delusional.
    This information (about masks) was all known prior to 2020. The spread mechanism was known early in our reaction. My employer is still on board with the science (TM). I mentioned in another thread that because certain counties in SE Michigan have exceed the BS CDC guidance, they re-imposing their mask protocols in those counties. Too bad Trump didn't fire Fauci and Birx when he had the chance.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    When we were told that covid was primarily spread by droplets, and not through the air, the rationale behind even the cloth masks seemed plausible. But as soon as it was evident that the spread is primarily aerosolized, well that ended any plausible claim that cloth masks could be of any use.

Even N95 masks weren't ever going to stop covid. I think one study of both cloth and N95 masks said cloth effectiveness was negligible while N95's were somewhat effective if worn properly. But "properly" means correctly fitted, no facial hair, a time limit for wearing must be observed, throw away when that time period is used, and no reuse. Which essentially means N95 masks are not practical for the masses. Impossible for children. So I think health care workers could benefit from that. They work in an environment where it's more practical to wear them "properly". But c'mon. Making your kids wear N95's is gonna save the world from covid? That's delusional.

I've been saying that since the beginning. People have no common sense nowadays.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Vaccines can end pandemics - for a given pandemic, and a given vaccine. Vaccines were never going to end this pandemic. IMHO because the virus is simply too mutable. They did serve (or could have served) a purpose, though, in helping to protect the most at-risk. But, they were too politicized, all around.
    It would take a more effective vaccine than any of the ones available for this virus.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    And I’ve promoted in the past with the irrational that we need to ban all modes of motorized transportation because it would definitely save at least 1 life.
    Yeah. I've proposed lowering all speed limits to something like 15mph to save just one life. But I've come to understand that logic and reason has been replaced by situational morality by many of those people.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    And I’ve promoted in the past with the irrational that we need to ban all modes of motorized transportation because it would definitely save at least 1 life.
    Yeah. I've proposed lowering all speed limits to something like 15mph to save just one life. But I've come to understand that logic and reason has been replaced by situational morality by many of those people.

I'd stay away from proposing ludicrous things like this because they are just dumb enough to do it.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Don't forget to require that all drivers wear five point racing harnesses and football helmets. If it saves just one life ...

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Gave blood last week, unfortunately it was at the hospital and they still require masks. I did put one on, but when I got to where they were doing the draw the people from the red cross asked if I wanted a bottle of water. I said sure, if I'm drinking I don't have to have the mask on. They laughed and said, yep.

Top Bottom