• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So does this mean we're past, "COVID is no worse than the flu" stage in the (mis)information?
    As long as the powers that be that foisted this train wreck of a reaction to a respiratory virus upon us are not made to pay for the carnage they’ve done, no we’ll not be past it. It will be in hibernation.

1652866922002.png

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    So does this mean we're past, "COVID is no worse than the flu" stage in the (mis)information?
    Mode most people it’s not. For the other 3% it is. So that statement can be both true and false. There is no yes/no answers to life if you’re truly honest with yourself. There are lots of maybes.

For the wife and I it was a strong flu. For her overweight diabetic uncle in his 70’s it was worse.

If your only true intention is to be an ass, please see yourself out. We have enough of those people in the world already. If you want to have an honest discussion please, I’m all for it. But this **** you’re doing? It’s only intent is to sow division and cultivate poor feelings for one another and it ****ing needs to stop.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Mode most people it’s not. For the other 3% it is. So that statement can be both true and false. There is no yes/no answers to life if you’re truly honest with yourself. There are lots of maybes.

For the wife and I it was a strong flu. For her overweight diabetic uncle in his 70’s it was worse.

If your only true intention is to be an ass, please see yourself out. We have enough of those people in the world already. If you want to have an honest discussion please, I’m all for it. But this **** you’re doing? It’s only intent is to sow division and cultivate poor feelings for one another and it ****ing needs to stop.

In other words, trolls gonna troll.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I think the intention is to mock people who say things contrary to an irrational view that the world is very much like NPR says it is. That’s not to say all the claims are true. I think there is some disinformation being spread on the skeptical side of things too, but also there does seem to be some truth to the saying that the difference between a conspiracy theory and reality is about 6 months.

I think you’d have to have your head buried in, well let’s just say a dark place, to think Pfizer and other companies did not lie about the safety and efficacy of their vaccines and did no use their power to influence the press and government agencies to carry their greywater for them.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    We're surrounded by "just do something" or "if it saves just one life" kinds of people out there.
    I saw that very early on. My outlook and advice was take a wait and see approach on an experiment. Not sure how people made it through 2020 and then thought it was a good idea to try the experiment.

Mid January 2020 about half the people at work got sick and they're still alive and kicking. Since the shot there's been heart issues and cancers. YMMV

The masks were always a huge control and conditioning mechanism. I'm sure there's been an epic amount of verbal beatdowns over that nonsense.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We're surrounded by "just do something" or "if it saves just one life" kinds of people out there.
    Don’t get me started. I railed against “just do something” at the beginning of this. If you just do something when you don’t know anything yet it’s as likely that you’ll do more harm as it is you’ll get lucky and do some good.

The experts were wrong on just about every policy. Two weeks to slow the spread turned into many moths of lockdowns and lost income. Masks were always a point of futility but I’m sure there are plenty of JK’s out there still believing TPTB wouldn’t and haven’t lied to us. And then the worst, forcing people to choose between their jobs and getting a vaccine that the manufacturers lied about.

“just do something” is an attitude that empowers grifters and power seekers to fleece and subjugate them. Nah. Don’t just do something, stand there. Firm. Until a course of action becomes reasonable.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The masks were always a huge control and conditioning mechanism. I'm sure there's been an epic amount of verbal beatdowns over that nonsense.
    Yep. My wife and youngest son found themselves on the receiving end of a mask-zealot bullying session up in Bloomington during the height of the stupidity. A lot of people that would love to be little Pol Potts (sp?) were uncovered in the last couple of years.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Don’t get me started. I railed against “just do something” at the beginning of this. If you just do something when you don’t know anything yet it’s as likely that you’ll do more harm as it is you’ll get lucky and do some good.

The experts were wrong on just about every policy. Two weeks to slow the spread turned into many moths of lockdowns and lost income. Masks were always a point of futility but I’m sure there are plenty of JK’s out there still believing TPTB wouldn’t and haven’t lied to us. And then the worst, forcing people to choose between their jobs and getting a vaccine that the manufacturers lied about.

“just do something” is an attitude that empowers grifters and power seekers to fleece and subjugate them. Nah. Don’t just do something, stand there. Firm. Until a course of action becomes reasonable.
    I knew we were in trouble when I started seeing people sewing together make-shift cloth masks to take to hospitals and nursing homes. I had a bad feeling people were swallowing this hook, line, and sinker. And I was right.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    With the wide variety of genetic differences between people it's not surprising that they react differently to viruses, add in age and other factors like weight and preexisting health problems and you'll see different outcomes. A good friend of mine, the same age and general lifestyle died from covid while it was a rough flu for me. He was a lot heavier is the only difference I know of.

Other friends of ours, a couple married a similar amount of time, mask constantly and have been vaxed and boosted to the hilt, just reacquired covid again last month.

The whole thing seems much like a guessing game on the part of leadership other than the areas where they can make bank.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Or vaccines.
    Vaccines can end pandemics - for a given pandemic, and a given vaccine. Vaccines were never going to end this pandemic. IMHO because the virus is simply too mutable. They did serve (or could have served) a purpose, though, in helping to protect the most at-risk. But, they were too politicized, all around.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Vaccines can end pandemics - for a given pandemic, and a given vaccine. Vaccines were never going to end this pandemic. IMHO because the virus is simply too mutable. They did serve (or could have served) a purpose, though, in helping to protect the most at-risk. But, they were too politicized, all around.
    What's this? Reason, and well thought out communication?

What are you doing here?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I knew we were in trouble when I started seeing people sewing together make-shift cloth masks to take to hospitals and nursing homes. I had a bad feeling people were swallowing this hook, line, and sinker. And I was right.
    When we were told that covid was primarily spread by droplets, and not through the air, the rationale behind even the cloth masks seemed plausible. But as soon as it was evident that the spread is primarily aerosolized, well that ended any plausible claim that cloth masks could be of any use.

Even N95 masks weren't ever going to stop covid. I think one study of both cloth and N95 masks said cloth effectiveness was negligible while N95's were somewhat effective if worn properly. But "properly" means correctly fitted, no facial hair, a time limit for wearing must be observed, throw away when that time period is used, and no reuse. Which essentially means N95 masks are not practical for the masses. Impossible for children. So I think health care workers could benefit from that. They work in an environment where it's more practical to wear them "properly". But c'mon. Making your kids wear N95's is gonna save the world from covid? That's delusional.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom