• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Nobody is perfect with their grammar usage, but there are just some people that have little, in any, regard for the reader. That in itself speaks of apathy and selfishness on the part of the poster.

Spending an extra 2 or 3 minutes cleaning up one's post to make it readable, with the use of punctuation; spelling correction; and paragraph usage; isn't asking all that much.

See our sister site, INGO,IndianaGrammerObsession:D

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I've learned that I should buy guns on how hip and cool they are.

Nobody is perfect with their grammar usage, but there are just some people that have little, in any, regard for the reader. That in itself speaks of apathy and selfishness on the part of the poster.

Spending an extra 2 or 3 minutes cleaning up one's post to make it readable, with the use of punctuation; spelling correction; and paragraph usage; isn't asking all that much.

why should anybody want to clean up after themselves this is American where nobody has to eoomuthin ifin they don wan to ma daddy says dat we never needed no book lernin cuz weuns wuz livin in banderburg county

:):

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    You can always tell who is from southern Indiana because they always start out by saying "my daddy taught me .....yada yada nonsense yada yada.:D

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

I remember a bunch of mental midgets jumping on someone for their grammar and didn't think they were wrong when they found out English wasn't the member's first language. I would bet that most of the grammar Nazis are simply trying to show their superiority.

That uncle-daddy thing sounds pretty familiar. Some of the southern Indiana folk must have escaped and settled in Starke Co.

mlzoiss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Carmel, IN
    The number of posts in a thread has no relation to the actual quality of information available in said thread.

That's for sure, only been here for a month or two and have already wasted too much of my life on "What he said" posts. Thought I was on a teenage message board for a minute...:ugh:

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    If your gun cost less than $1000 dollars there is no way anyone should trust it to defend their life
    All Glocks will blow up in your face
    All Hi-Points will blow up in your face
    If you don't like bacon your are the antichrist

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    If your gun cost [STRIKE]less[/STRIKE] more than $1000 dollars there is no way anyone should trust it to defend their life
    All Glocks [STRIKE]will blow up in your face[/STRIKE] should be 9mm, and all 9mm Glocks should be 19's
    All Hi-Points will blow up in your face
    If you don't like bacon your are the antichrist

FIFY :D

Oh, and 1911's suck!

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Also I learned no matter what you say, someone has a smart--- comment.

I think it's almost a game sometimes to see who can be the most obnoxious. Some posts it's hard to resist. It can be fun to be a smart a*s.

185329_446212338754799_1044089303_n_zps18b92201.jpg

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Bad grammar and poor sentence structure will incite more people than almost anything you can say unless, of course, you want to debate the merits of OC vs CC.

This lesson in offset comma phrases brought to you by the most hardcore grammarian ever to grace the site. :ingo:

I learned that no one on INGO can discern sarcasm, sardonicism, or satire without heavy, heavy doses of different-colored text.

I learned that you can have almost 30,000 members and ~1,000 regularly-contributing members.

I learned that you can have tens of thousands of posts and still be trolling for your fifty.

I learned that in America, everything is fine and economic collapse only happens to other countries and you're a paranoiac if you even entertain the possibility.

I learned that all cops are evil jack-booted thugs.

I learned that all cops are super-awesome guys who just want to nobly serve the Republic.

I learned that approximately 11,000 firearm deaths in America per year is, apparently, a veritable genocide.

I learned that no matter how much you like firearms, you'll still find at least three people to argue about what you like most about them.

I learned that you can spend more time on a website than training your pets, working at your job, and raising your children - combined.

I learned that most people in the gun culture really do have an affinity for one another.

I learned that Government really does monitor websites.

I learned that if you make a really long list, no one will ever reply.

TL;DR.

Last edited:

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    This lesson in offset comma phrases brought to you by the most hardcore grammarian ever to grace the site. :ingo:

Touche'. It's a good thing the majority of the grammar police care more about spelling and paragraphs than they do commas. I can be the queen of a good run on sentence. I talk fast sometimes so I want you to read fast too. We don't need no stinkin commas slowing you down. Don't pause d*mn it, keep reading. :D

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    YES, I do, and I stuck up for you, and you didn't even notice ....:popcorn:
    He has you on the ignore list too. haha

Have learned that if you have an opinion, its wrong. No matter if you seen with your own eyes, and have facts on your side. Still wrong.
    And with all the jackbooted thugs we have here, our country is already overrun if they ever organize.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I've learned that anything I want to buy in the classifieds is going to be in the opposite end of the state.

I find this highly offensive as us hicks up north don't have many hills...unless you're talking those slack-jawed yokels to my south, if that's the case...carry on.

Hey now, the slack-jaw is an evolutionary adaption to make breathing easier when walking up these hills, not because we're related to ourselves. Now if you're excuse me, I need to see if my wife-sister has breakfast ready. Yumm, road kilt possum.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

I learned that no one on INGO can discern sarcasm, sardonicism, or satire without heavy, heavy doses of different-colored text.

I learned that you can have almost 30,000 members and ~1,000 regularly-contributing members.

I learned that you can have tens of thousands of posts and still be trolling for your fifty.

I learned that in America, everything is fine and economic collapse only happens to other countries and you're a paranoiac if you even entertain the possibility.

I learned that all cops are evil jack-booted thugs.

I learned that all cops are super-awesome guys who just want to nobly serve the Republic.

I learned that approximately 11,000 firearm deaths in America per year is, apparently, a veritable genocide.

I learned that no matter how much you like firearms, you'll still find at least three people to argue about what you like most about them.

I learned that you can spend more time on a website than training your pets, working at your job, and raising your children - combined.

I learned that most people in the gun culture really do have an affinity for one another.

I learned that Government really does monitor websites.

I learned that if you make a really long list, no one will ever reply.

TL;DR.

Obviously your last one was wrong:D

Tune in at 9:30 tonight for some updates.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom