• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wow. A lot happened in that episode. Absolutely intense.

One thing had me cracking up...

Maggie... well, she's with Glen, and you're a lesbian...
    :lol2::laugh6::lmfao:

I'm waiting for this guy to perv out and show his true colors and get put down for it.

I'm kinda curious about that fire fight were Andrea aaaaaaaalmost got to recognize someone. I think some of the gun handling left something to be desired. I think, but I'm not sure, that Daryl racked the bolt on his AK and it can be seen locking back, but the post-processing still shows muzzle flashing immediately after. I'll be watching more closely on the repeat now to confirm or deny.

No. The bolt closed on that mag change, but when the post-proc muzzle flashes started, the bolt wasn't cycling like it was in the rest of the fire fight. I think the SFX dudes were over-reliant on the smoke screen to cover up their gaffs.

Last edited:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I'm still enjoying the show but sometimes its getting a little too predictable. I told my wife last week this show would end with a fight being set up between Darryl and Merle but the fight wouldn't happen yet. :rolleyes:

Of course I guess I would seem more credible if I posted that last week wouldn't I? Oh well...:dunno:

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Dun Dun DUNNNNNNN.........Governor gets an eye patch. starting to turn into a stereotypical bad guy. The entire time i was on the edge of the couch trying to help Michone reach the sword so she could end him. SO CLOSE!

crazy episode. man i thought week to week was a long time, but now February? sheesh, luckily my girlfriend wants to start watching the show, so i'll get to watch the entire series up until now, while i wait for the season to return.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Guess the poke won't affect his shooting

twds3e03_22-tfb.jpg

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Just got around to watching the episode. My guess is that they are going to exile Merle along with Daryl. But actually, Merle's exile is all a ruse for him to infiltrate the prison and make it easier for the Governor's people to attack. A classic Trojan horse maneuver. Ultimately. Daryl will have to kill Merle.

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I hate to admit this but I agree with Sarah Silverman...Oh God that hurt...(Why must Liberals be such great artists?) The two most interesting characters now are Michonne and the Governor...
    I actually want to know about Michonne and the Governor...Michonne almost has the Clint Eastwood "Man with No Name" persona that borders on the best of a Kurosawa character...Who is she? Where did she get that Katana? Who were her Walker decoys and what did they mean (if anything) to her before? What was the Governor before??? Two really neat characters I can't wait to see flesh out, metaphorically ofcourse.

I'd suggest reading the comic books, if you want more background on Michonne. She is, literally, a one-woman army, capable of more than what the show allows her to do.

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    Just got around to watching the episode. My guess is that they are going to exile Merle along with Daryl. But actually, Merle's exile is all a ruse for him to infiltrate the prison and make it easier for the Governor's people to attack. A classic Trojan horse maneuver. Ultimately. Daryl will have to kill Merle.

I don't quite know how that's going to down. Granted the show doesn't always make the most sense, but knowing the following:

- Governor already knows where the prison is (they had checked it out earlier)
    - Michonne, Rick, Glenn, Maggie already strongly dislike Merle and probably won't let him in the same cell block (they've already kept people with uncertain trustworthiness in separate areas)
    - Tyreese has already shown there's another way in (assuming the Governor finds it)

I don't see this happening. I'm guessing they compress the story line and leave the prison at the end of season, all the gunfire of an attack on the prison brings lots of walkers from the "red zone." They haven't been in a fixed location for more than a season, so I'm betting this will be the same back on the road again until next year. :twocents:

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    What it means is that about anything that I have with a scope, is on high rings or a riser block. Also, once in a blue moon there is a rifle that I can shoot off of the sights right handed with my left eye. All others have to be shot left handed. The bright side of this curse is, after all these years, I have got half way good at a "point-n-shoot" method of close range stuff.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    What it means is that about anything that I have with a scope, is on high rings or a riser block. Also, once in a blue moon there is a rifle that I can shoot off of the sights right handed with my left eye. All others have to be shot left handed. The bright side of this curse is, after all these years, I have got half way good at a "point-n-shoot" method of close range stuff.

I'm right handed and left eye dominant and I was blissfully unaware this is supposed to cause a problem until just a few years ago. It doesn't cause a problem with iron sights because I close one eye. With a pistol I've learned to squint my left eye and then my right eye takes over and then I can open both. I do this without thinking.

I shot a bow with the instinctive method for years before I found out about my cross eye dominance, I always missed to the left if I hadn't shot for a while, then I'd naturally adjust.

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    I have never been able to just close my left eye. I used to occasionally stick a wadded up rag behind the left side of my glasses to hold my eye closed. But after getting a head injury this summer, I haven't had my glasses on sense.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I was shown a trick once by a skeet shooter that works very well for me with rifles ... put a very small piece of scotch (or any translucent) tape over the portion of your shooting glasses where your (cross) dominant eye would try to pick up the front sight. It forces your non-dominant eye to take over and you still have your peripheral vision.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Guess the poke won't affect his shooting

twds3e03_22-tfb.jpg

I was simply commenting on the fact that there was no rear site on the rifle when he killed a running man with 1 shot.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Guys, I need help. A friend of mine has recently succumbed to the addiction, has gone through S1 and S2 on Netflix, and is hung up because he can't find S3 episodes from the beginning of the season. Anyone know where one might find those first 5 or 6 episodes of this season?

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    Guys, I need help. A friend of mine has recently succumbed to the addiction, has gone through S1 and S2 on Netflix, and is hung up because he can't find S3 episodes from the beginning of the season. Anyone know where one might find those first 5 or 6 episodes of this season?

Amc is doing a marathon on New Year's Eve/day of all the episodes in a row.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom