• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In one of their perennial B movie time fillers, SyFy had a movie imaginatively titled Zombie Apocalypse. It would be thoroughly forgettable, but for two facts. It had Ving Rhames. It contained the wisdom, when you're being attacked by a zombie, why do you not want to hit it with a flame thrower? Because then you're being attacked by a zombie that's on fire!

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    In one of their perennial B movie time fillers, SyFy had a movie imaginatively titled Zombie Apocalypse. It would be thoroughly forgettable, but for two facts. It had Ving Rhames. It contained the wisdom, when you're being attacked by a zombie, why do you not want to hit it with a flame thrower? Because then you're being attacked by a zombie that's on fire!

Easier to see in the dark? Okay, lobotomize them first and then fry them up. This would be an efficient way to dispatch of the walkers on the other side of the chain-link fence.

Or a flame fougasse along the fence line! Remember that from the Green Berets.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I would have been sporting the riot gear walking into those dark hallways with shield. When walkers walked around the corner I would have yelled "Testudo!" and the group would stab them in the brain through the gaps. Beginning in the Phalanx formation would help. Leg protectors and heavy boots will be needed to protect you from the down but not out walkers. Ahh, dreams....

Replace small children with tennis balls with savage carnivorous zombies.
    [ame]http://youtu.be/WN977BwoluU[/ame]

Last edited:

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    WOW! What a blood fest. If they're not careful, bashing in skulls will get dull. BTW has anyone noticed that half the cast of the syfy movie The Mist (on recently) is in The Walking Dead?

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Because that's what he gets for not paying attention.

When I first saw that walker sitting there leaned nonchalantly up against the wall, *I* knew what was up. And I haven't lived through it. ONE of them should have just made sure it was dead as they were walking by. It would have taken 2 seconds. Instead what do these zombie apocalypse veterans do? Walk by and ignore it. And one even sticks his leg right in front of its face.

So that's what he gets. :)

AMEN!

I would have been sporting the riot gear walking into those dark hallways with shield. When walkers walked around the corner I would have yelled "Testudo!" and the group would stab them in the brain through the gaps. Beginning in the Phalanx formation would help. Leg protectors and heavy boots will be needed to protect you from the down but not out walkers. Ahh, dreams....

That's exactly what I told my wife when they started whacking the guards in the yard with the riot gear on. Don the protective gear for a little extra protection - especially the riot shield. (That was the first bright idea Ty (I REFUSE to call him T-Dogg) came up with a quite a while.) Using the shields in formation clearing the hallways would have helped quite a bit.

Did anyone watch the Talking Dead afterwards? There was a snippet about the group formation that they used in the courtyard was indicative of their ability to work as team now, rather than a group of individuals. They identified this as a phalanx:

TWD_GP_301_0514_0367_FULL11.jpg

The above is more of a Tight 360, rather than a real phalanx, which is linear:

440654837_ddf4bb1f6e.jpg

Bravo .452Browning!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Why the heck is Ty's (t-dogg) weapon of choice a fireplace poker?
    No reach whatsoever. Keeping the Z's out of grabbing reach would be a priority.
    Where is the ax Maggie picked up at the beginning of the episode?
    Speaking of a spear, wouldn't that make an effective stand off weapon?

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    It was B.A. Also, what love about this show is that although my girlfriend always tells me to stop buying guns, she watches this show with me, and always tells me to buy more guns.

stack23

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    NWI
    did anyone else notice how all the zombies came up to the fence when they were outside of the prison, they were easily able to poke them in the head with knives, fireplace pokers, etc.. I would have done that until they were all dead, they complain about not having ammo but love to waste it lol

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I got to see it free on facebook yetserday. Then my wife found it later on the AMC internet site for free...she thinks we will be able to see every episode the day after on the internet....I convert it over from the laptop to the 51" plasma an it looks great.
    I liked all the action....an finally somebody got an AR...obvious they are not in Indiana or they would be finding hordes of ammo at INGO dwellings everywhere.....GA sucks.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I would have done that until they were all dead, they complain about not having ammo but love to waste it lol

Waste it??? Come on man...Ricks preggo, trembling wife was making 75 yard double action head shots with a vintage Colt Detective Special.:D

Elmer Keith has got nothing on that gal..:rolleyes:

I am thinking a Ghurka's Kukri (or Khurkuri) would make a pretty nice Zombie slaying weapon...

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    WOW! What a blood fest. If they're not careful, bashing in skulls will get dull. BTW has anyone noticed that half the cast of the syfy movie The Mist (on recently) is in The Walking Dead?

The director of "The Mist" was the guy that worked with the comic writers to develop the show, he also produced and directed part of the first season.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom