Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I will try to be a little more thorough.

The only concern I have at the National level is the Supreme Court.

That's it.

Would I like to see immigration reform? Sure.

But I am a single issue voter this year.

He gave a list, I believe it and whomever he sends up for confirmation I will take over ANYONE Hillary will send.

Congress can keep a President in check on most things, but if the Supreme Court swings the other way, Congress can pass laws to change their interpretation but Hillary can veto

I'm completely fine with nearly everything you said, and I can understand the position and get behind that.

I have trouble with the "He gave a list, I believe it" portion... because I don't think there's enough evidence for anyone to believe anything he's said... but that can just be a difference of opinion between us. I understand that Trump is probably going to do less damage to 2A, on a single-issue level. I think he'd probably do more damage than Clinton with regards to other important issues... but we're not talking about those.

So on the 2A subject, we are probably on a similar level. Like I've said elsewhere... My fight in this Presidential race is done. I don't care about either of these candidates... but when it comes to INGO (a community I usually enjoy participating in with like-minded people)... I think I have a standard or expectation. I really wish the line between reasonable Trump supporters (you) and die-hards was blurrier. I wish we could, all together, have higher standards for the political party we usually align with... and criticize the candidate they choose.

I don't post criticism here to influence anyone to change their vote. Honestly, that just isn't going to happen. Vote who you want, it's your vote, and that's important. I just want to see reasonable and educated criticism of the person that might be our President. I think the die-hard defense and praise is unhealthy, and something that should stay on the Left. I hate to see it, and it makes people angry and difficult to talk to.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I don’t think there are many all out Trump supporters on INGO as you think. It just appears that way to you because people feel the need to defend gun owner's best chance this election against your constant attack on him. We can get that content on any tv channel. You don't sound like someone that has given up on the election. If you have given up, give it up.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I thought he just posted articles, you mean he's trying to stop trump from getting elected? That sounds like someone who wants Hillary to make 3-4 Supreme Court nominations.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I thought he just posted articles, you mean he's trying to stop trump from getting elected? That sounds like someone who wants Hillary to make 3-4 Supreme Court nominations.

LOL.

If you were serious about defeating HRC you wouldn't have nominated a reality TV buffoon as your candidate.

His nomination is the lynchpin in HRC's campaign...she's going to win because of Trump, not despite him.

Paul Ryan, or Marco Rubio, or Condi Rice (I swoon) would be wiping the floor with HRC's wrinkly, criminal ass right now...

...instead, she's coasting (and picking up speed) on her inevitable slide into the white house.

Trump was never your "best hope" for this election...he's a rat, and the bulk of the electorate smells it. You guys screwed the pooch on that in primaries. He is a terrible candidate with terrible ideas...ideas that don't line up with traditional conservative values:

His business ventures end in bankruptcy, his marriages end in divorce, his television shows end in cancellation. His father handed him a fortune and a legacy, and he squandered both.

You nominated a loser to run agains the most politically connected and motivated candidate in recent history...well, time to sit back and watch him lose.

This is what you have asked for.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Re: The most virulent antiTrump on this board. Despite your avowed purpose, if your true purpose was to demoralize Republicans and depress turnout - to convince as many as possible of the faint of heart that this will end in disaster - I do not see how we could tell the difference. You are not merely weighing in with an opinion - you are prosyletizing.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    LOL.

If you were serious about defeating HRC you wouldn't have nominated a reality TV buffoon as your candidate.

His nomination is the lynchpin in HRC's campaign...she's going to win because of Trump, not despite him.

Paul Ryan, or Marco Rubio, or Condi Rice (I swoon) would be wiping the floor with HRC's wrinkly, criminal ass right now...

...instead, she's coasting (and picking up speed) on her inevitable slide into the white house.

Trump was never your "best hope" for this election...he's a rat, and the bulk of the electorate smells it. You guys screwed the pooch on that in primaries. He is a terrible candidate with terrible ideas...ideas that don't line up with traditional conservative values:

His business ventures end in bankruptcy, his marriages end in divorce, his television shows end in cancellation. His father handed him a fortune and a legacy, and he squandered both.

You nominated a loser to run agains the most politically connected and motivated candidate in recent history...well, time to sit back and watch him lose.

if they are the best choices why didn't the voters vote for them?????.......the voters have spoken and think he is a fine candidate and you not getting on board you will get what you want.....

Hitllary....

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    He gave a list, I believe it and whomever he sends up for confirmation I will take over ANYONE Hillary will send.

Congress can keep a President in check on most things, but if the Supreme Court swings the other way, Congress can pass laws to change their interpretation but Hillary can veto

Why do you believe it?

And, the test isn't really a hypothetical Trump would be better than whoever HRC nominates. Obama's already floated someone. Will Trump nominate someone better than that? (He wasn't all bad.)

Re: The most virulent antiTrump on this board.

If this is directed against GP, it is demonstrably false. There's a couple non-Republicans who are more virulently antiTrump, but at least one of them knows HRC has a better shot against him. ;)

Despite your avowed purpose, if your true purpose was to demoralize Republicans and depress turnout - to convince as many as possible of the faint of heart that this will end in disaster - I do not see how we could tell the difference. You are not merely weighing in with an opinion - you are prosyletizing.

Yeah, we get it. For certain people to feel like heroes, they need a villain....

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Getting back to the campaign, rather than INGO members....

Trump has an event on his schedule: in WA. The same Washington that has HRC at about +20. (That's outside the MOE, by the way.) Hope it is a very lucrative fundraiser.

Pence is in: VA and GA.

Almost seems like you can tell who is running for president. ;)

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Paul gets why Trump is awesome...That my friends, is the biography of an American...

Hillary's marriage should have also ended in divorce...Her career should have been cancelled...She gave her husband a nice Cuban cigar and it got squandered in an intern...Yet here she is as well...

This is the greatest election cycle ever...

Paul and I have a bet...If Hillary wins I have to get a tattoo that says "I'm an Agnostic little commie, short and stout...If I don't watch my diet I am going to get gout.." While if Trump wins Paulf has got to sing "Jesus loves me this I know" and post in on youtube...:)

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Paul gets why Trump is awesome...That my friends, is the biography of an American...

Hillary's marriage should have also ended in divorce...Her career should have been cancelled...She gave her husband a nice Cuban cigar and it got squandered in an intern...Yet here she is as well...

Paul and I have a bet...If Hillary wins I have to get a tattoo that says "I'm an Agnostic little commie, short and stout...If I don't watch my diet I am going to get gout.." While if Trump wins Paulf has got to sing "Jesus loves me this I know" and post in on youtube...:)

Now that is a man's bet right there. Both of you putting it out there. But you needed to consult with me before deciding on Paul's end. Even if he sings like a buzzard, singing "Jesus Loves Me" and posting it on the internet ain't all that bad. He could probably have some fun with it. But dang, man. A tattoo is pretty permanent. Since Paul has the odds so much in his favor, you probably should have made his much worse. At least make him say a pledge of allegiance to Pat Robertson on the video after the song.

So where are you planning to put this tattoo? I hope Paul's not going to make you put it somewhere everyone can see it. I mean, if it's a tramp stamp at least few people will see it there, right?

:stickpoke:

Just messing with you.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    if they are the best choices why didn't the voters vote for them?????.......the voters have spoken and think he is a fine candidate and you not getting on board you will get what you want.....

Hitllary....

"The voters" didn't choose Trump. A plurality of the individuals who bothered to vote in a primary election, a particularly non-representative voting system, voted for Trump.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I hope that both parties rethink the primary process. Maybe it's time to go back to the good old days where party bosses picked the few candidates that seemed to make sense for this important post, then a convention was held to nominate the golden child or at least nominate a worthy candidate from the floor. The primary system is not working. Who really cares what happens in Iowa? It wasn't until the Carter era that Iowa was considered important. And look what that got us: the first in a long line of mediocre hacks.

We should have known a disaster was on it's way when Bachman swallowing a footlong dog at an Iowa fair represented national politics.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    What if we just scaled back the power of these federal positions to what was intended? Perhaps they wouldn't attract the sort of egomaniacs and insider criminals we see clamoring to attain them.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The power of the Federal government has been increasing since Teddy Roosevelt's time in office. It is very difficult to unwind that watch. But, we could revise the primary process. The average voter doesn't understand it but I bet more and more are upset with the results, no matter what party you belong to.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    LOL.

Oh poppycock if we want to play the blame game I'll just blame people who didn't get out and educate other voters and spend the money supporting the people one thought should be president for what we ended up with.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I'm going to remember this...

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    The power of the Federal government has been increasing since Teddy Roosevelt's time in office. It is very difficult to unwind that watch.

If it is the source of the problem, it is likely the source of the solution no matter how difficult that seems.

But, we could revise the primary process. The average voter doesn't understand it but I bet more and more are upset with the results, no matter what party you belong to.

Symptom management, not the cure.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom