Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    If it is the source of the problem, it is likely the source of the solution no matter how difficult that seems.

Symptom management, not the cure.

I understand your point, but winning the philosophic argument is a far cry from implementation within government. With the parties, changes could be made, methinks, since legislation wouldn't be necessary. I may be wrong.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So, Trump's Dwyane-Wade-cousin tweet says that, in light of the murder, African-American people will vote for him.

“Dwyane Wade’s cousin was just shot and killed walking her baby in Chicago,” Trump said, in a tweet he deleted, then reposted with the correct spelling of the NBA star’s name. “Just what I have been saying. African-Americans will VOTE TRUMP!”

First, that's a risky proposition unless Wade has already endorsed, or is preparing to endorse, Trump.

Second, is that a total non sequitur? What does the poor woman's murder have to do with causing black Americans to vote for him?

What am I missing?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So, Trump's Dwyane-Wade-cousin tweet says that, in light of the murder, African-American people will vote for him.

First, that's a risky proposition unless Wade has already endorsed, or is preparing to endorse, Trump.

Second, is that a total non sequitur? What does the poor woman's murder have to do with causing black Americans to vote for him?

What am I missing?

Obviously he's going to make them safe.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Obviously he's going to make them safe.

But it is expressed as a prediction, nay, a guarantee. This is why they WILL vote for him. Maybe that's why "they" should, but it remains FAR more likely that they won't.

His assertion is not supported by... anything.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    But it is expressed as a prediction, nay, a guarantee. This is why they WILL vote for him. Maybe that's why "they" should, but it remains FAR more likely that they won't.

His assertion is not supported by... anything.
    And you think he lives in the real world?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Obama/Clinton have decoupled conservatism from Trumpism. Conservatives don't seem to appreciate the favor

Will the GOP Reject Their Lifeline? - Commentary Magazine

I find it hard to disagree here. Liberals are doing a good job of isolating the Trump-style from what actual Conservatism and the GOP represented. I don't know why the GOP/Conservatives aren't taking advantage of that and distancing themselves further from this disaster before it sinks in November. Might give them a shot in 2020.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Obama/Clinton have decoupled conservatism from Trumpism. Conservatives don't seem to appreciate the favor

Will the GOP Reject Their Lifeline? - Commentary Magazine

I find it hard to disagree here. Liberals are doing a good job of isolating the Trump-style from what actual Conservatism and the GOP represented. I don't know why the GOP/Conservatives aren't taking advantage of that and distancing themselves further from this disaster before it sinks in November. Might give them a shot in 2020.

i really don't think that is going to work for the dem's......i bet when Nov 8th comes everyone will be shocked at the out come.....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    i really don't think that is going to work for the dem's......i bet when Nov 8th comes everyone will be shocked at the out come.....

It's okay to mourn. When the time comes, after a few "I told you so's", INGO can start a thread to help you mourn for Trump's loss, and help us all mourn for the nation. But not before we get to say "told ya".

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

So, you're predicting a Johnson win? :D

Can you explain why you think Trump will win (if that's who you are picking)? Are you of the indiucky group that thinks Trump is simply not polling well, but will overachieve in the ballot box?

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    It's okay to mourn. When the time comes, after a few "I told you so's", INGO can start a thread to help you mourn for Trump's loss, and help us all mourn for the nation. But not before we get to say "told ya".

oh but i'll be the i told you so......

So, you're predicting a Johnson win? :D

Can you explain why you think Trump will win (if that's who you are picking)? Are you of the indiucky group that thinks Trump is simply not polling well, but will overachieve in the ballot box?

you hit the nail on the head....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom