GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Unfortunately, I don't think a pure constitutionalists can win the general. They would be outright demonized by the media and the left. That old tattered rag gets in the way of their utopia. Ironic, don't ya think? That those the document protects seek to destroy it.

Like I said, I think Trump is America (at least in equal part to that portion that Hillary is America)...it's all about winning for some, maintaining the "hard fought victories already won" for others, and a relatively very few care about the Constitution.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Like I said, I think Trump is America (at least in equal part to that portion that Hillary is America)...it's all about winning for some, maintaining the "hard fought victories already won" for others, and a relatively very few care about the Constitution.

[video=youtube;MJRF8xGzvj4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJRF8xGzvj4[/video]

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

Rubio's "ability to win elections"...as evidenced by his ability (sic) to win his state in the primary? I get the impression those who love and despise Trump have been driven to near-equal levels of naivete.

Hillary had 251 Electoral Votes in the bag when she announced her candidacy. Only Kasich was capable of picking that turd up by the clean end and running with it.

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Upon great reflection, a couple Amber Bocks, and an effort to avoid further internecine skirmishes, I propose a detente. Or Trumptente as the case may be.

Let us criticize and glorify the Republican nominee (and his running mate) in this thread, without attacking his supporters or (Republican/conservative) INGO detractors. I mean, saying "neverTrumpers suck" or "Trumpkins suck" let us discuss the pros and cons of the candidate himself. The supporters/detractors aren't the issue. The candidate is.

We all have different paths to arrive at our own side of the divide(s). We are not a monolithic horde of Borg.

We can take steps to resolve our differences, steps that will be necessary after the election regardless of who the president-elect is.

Trumptente. It should totally be thing.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Upon great reflection, a couple Amber Bocks, and an effort to avoid further internecine skirmishes, I propose a detente. Or Trumptente as the case may be.

Let us criticize and glorify the Republican nominee (and his running mate) in this thread, without attacking his supporters or (Republican/conservative) INGO detractors. I mean, saying "neverTrumpers suck" or "Trumpkins suck" let us discuss the pros and cons of the candidate himself. The supporters/detractors aren't the issue. The candidate is.

We all have different paths to arrive at our own side of the divide(s). We are not a monolithic horde of Borg.

We can take steps to resolve our differences, steps that will be necessary after the election regardless of who the president-elect is.

Trumptente. It should totally be thing.

I get where you're going. And I pretty much agree. But I don't really dig the word for it. "Trumptente" doesn't really seem natural. It's forced.

And, for the record, I have never used the word "Trumpkin". Ever. I do use the word "Trumper" as a lazy contraction of "Trump" + "supporter". I will likely continue to do that.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Not that I'm defending Bannon, but don't Democrats do that all the time? At least he's not dead.

Fact of the matter, he doesn't meet the standards for any of my personal list of unacceptable voters. I generally summarize that I do in fact favor vote suppression so far as dead folks, foreign nationals, small children, fictional characters, cats, dogs, and horses should not be voting. I thought of reconsidering that list as it was developed before I discovered alpacas, but I am not going to cut my alpacas out of the fun. Llamas, on the other hand, I might have to add to the list! :):

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Fact of the matter, he doesn't meet the standards for any of my personal list of unacceptable voters. I generally summarize that I do in fact favor vote suppression so far as dead folks, foreign nationals, small children, fictional characters, cats, dogs, and horses should not be voting. I thought of reconsidering that list as it was developed before I discovered alpacas, but I am not going to cut my alpacas out of the fun. Llamas, on the other hand, I might have to add to the list! :):
    What about sandwich shops?

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    You have to take the s out of https
    [video=youtube;KQemJyTHrDA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQemJyTHrDA[/video]

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Well, Trump's relationships with women have always been complicated.

First Coulter, now Palin.
    Sarah Palin warns Donald Trump on deportation U-turn - BBC News

But on Friday she told the Wall Street Journal that "wishy-washy positions" on core positions would result in "massive disappointment".
    "Parts of the message we heard in the last week are clearly not consistent with the stringent position and message that supporters have received all along," she said

But this is interesting to me, not really because she said it, but because what it means. This isn't the MSM saying Trump is backtracking, it is one of his supposed proxies.

And when a proxy goes off-message, you have to wonder how organized the campaign is. Perhaps she's been a rogue opportunist the whole time, rather than a true believer.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Funny...I guess it's better than being called dumb, racist or a Nazi....

But still funny...:)

You know me, I opt for the high-brow, complex jokes.

Calling someone an ignorant racist nazi isn't my style.

*cue a few people frantically using the INGO search to see if I've ever done such a thing*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom