• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Understood. I may have misinterpreted, then.

I don't think it's wise to lump news that's critical of Trump into an MSM bandwagon. I think it would be better to separate the silly stories (which, trust me, I do try to avoid) with the actual criticisms. It's OK, even as a supporter, to acknowledge actual problems with the candidate.

Believe you me, I loathe the media as much as anyone else here.

I know you do brother....

What started out as a joke about me jumping on the trump bandwagon (and giving you an opportunity to knock me for it) for it kind of fell flat...The internet can do that...Much of what I say is with a "wink and a nod" and the only *&^&^% I can come up with on the internet to show that is that stupid smiley face emoji....

I poke fun at myself way more than I poke fun at other people.....Maybe I am supporting Trump because I am a closet masochist??? Nah...I just want to see he and Hillary debate....

You know what's funny? I do think he is going to win....I really do....The gamble I am taking is to whether he will surround himself with the best folks rather than cronies...I believe he will follow that principle way more than a Clinton would...They hand out political appointments to people they owe like some folks hand out candy...It seems to me, as of now, that Trump will do quite a bit less of that...

IMHO

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Going to remember this post when a the n00b-Republican, non-conservative nominee loses not only a "very winnable race" but THE MOST WINNABLE PRESIDENTIAL RACE in a generation.

1996 and 2012 were most certainly as winnable as 2016. Unpopular (D) Presidents running in those years after major freedom-sucking initiatives (AW ban & ACA) passed through Congress under their watch. GOP also controlled the House in both years, if I recall. If you disagree with this, please advise what makes it more winnable than those two elections, as well as naming the powerhouse candidate who'd unquestioningly tilt the room towards the elephant party.

Oh. Wait. Come to think of it, most Trump supporters are as lacking in grace and respect as he is, apparently.

Many thanks for your keen observation. I've always known the difference between a bar fight and a figure skating competition, so style and respect ain't the author's aim in this thread.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The Russia/Trump stuff came long before the DNC leak.

Also, no need to be binary. I don't consider Trump "the enemy" here. That's 100% Clinton. Trump is, however, incapable of defeating said enemy... so I'm not too thrilled about him being shoved down America's collective throats.

On the Russia/Trump, it's not until the DNC email dump that the story line grew wings. I just haven't seen anything I think is credible to support it. It's the stuff campaigns embellish to discredit opponents. And in this case the media latched onto it not just to help Democrats, but to distract masses from something that exposes their own complicity in helping democrats.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    no it has nothing to do with Trump right as you and everyone else doesn't see or won't see........this is now about keeping Hitllary from wins AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!
    Ok.

This is where we talk Electoral College and how, assuming you're in Indiana, Trump is a lock to get your EC delegate.

Now, he may screw something up bad enough to put it in jeopardy, but right now, it is like betting on the US to win gold in basketball.

ok Mr T.Lex explain to me and all the others on the board what brain washing Trump has done to make me vote for him

How would I know? :D He says things you like and you believe him? He says things you don't like and you believe he's just saying them but doesn't mean them?

i want what he wants and what do you think he needs from being president
    Two very different things going on there.

How do you know what he wants? Tell me something he wants that you also want. Let's talk policy and positions.

What does he need from being POTUS? Same thing he's wanted since the 1980s (and probably before that): self-aggrandizement and personal wealth.

and don't thought the ego card out there
    haha

Why? Because the truth hurts? :D

and yes it is that simple....
    I have no doubt that you believe it is that simple.

1996 and 2012 were most certainly as winnable as 2016. Unpopular (D) Presidents running in those years after major freedom-sucking initiatives (AW ban & ACA) passed through Congress under their watch. GOP also controlled the House in both years, if I recall. If you disagree with this, please advise what makes it more winnable than those two elections

I'll paraphrase to: what makes HRC more vulnerable:
    - she narrowly dodged indictment in an FBI investigation that clearly showed she lied
    - she was an abomination of a Secretary of State
    - the overwhelming number of people who think the country is on the wrong track, yet she is running as a continuation of the current administration
    - the personal baggage from Billy's exploits
    - she is not particularly charismatic or likeable

In 1996, part of the issue was Bill is charismatic. He just is. Bob Dole... not so much. Plus, the country was different back then. To me, as unrealistic as it is to compare to 1980, it is also unrealistic to compare to 1996.

as well as naming the powerhouse candidate who'd unquestioningly tilt the room towards the elephant party.
    I honestly can't remember who was available in 1996. In 2012, I wanted to see Colin Powell.

Also, I'm not saying the eventual nominee was the best-in-class available. I'm just saying no one forced you to vote for them. If you had a principled reason to not vote for them, I have no quarrel with that decision.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    1996 and 2012 were most certainly as winnable as 2016. Unpopular (D) Presidents running in those years after major freedom-sucking initiatives (AW ban & ACA) passed through Congress under their watch. GOP also controlled the House in both years, if I recall. If you disagree with this, please advise what makes it more winnable than those two elections, as well as naming the powerhouse candidate who'd unquestioningly tilt the room towards the elephant party.

Many thanks for your keen observation. I've always known the difference between a bar fight and a figure skating competition, so style and respect ain't the author's aim in this thread.

That's easy. This election the Democrats are running the most disliked candidate since they've kept track. Republicans should be able to beat her easily, despite the pro-Democrat agitprop. But the GOP is not winning because they're running the MOST DISLIKED candidate!

When running against Hillary, it shouldn't take much to tilt the room towards the GOP candidate. She is that disliked. The problem with Trump is that he is pathologically incapable of running the kind of campaign that will most exploit Hillary's many vulnerabilities. And if by some miracle Trump does win, it will only be because he's the other choice. It'll be because something comes to light that makes people believe that among the two evils, Hillary is even more evil than Trump.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ok.

This is where we talk Electoral College and how, assuming you're in Indiana, Trump is a lock to get your EC delegate.

Now, he may screw something up bad enough to put it in jeopardy, but right now, it is like betting on the US to win gold in basketball.

How would I know? :D He says things you like and you believe him? He says things you don't like and you believe he's just saying them but doesn't mean them?

Two very different things going on there.

How do you know what he wants? Tell me something he wants that you also want. Let's talk policy and positions.

What does he need from being POTUS? Same thing he's wanted since the 1980s (and probably before that): self-aggrandizement and personal wealth.

haha

Why? Because the truth hurts? :D

I have no doubt that you believe it is that simple.

I'll paraphrase to: what makes HRC more vulnerable:
    - she narrowly dodged indictment in an FBI investigation that clearly showed she lied
    - she was an abomination of a Secretary of State
    - the overwhelming number of people who think the country is on the wrong track, yet she is running as a continuation of the current administration
    - the personal baggage from Billy's exploits
    - she is not particularly charismatic or likeable

In 1996, part of the issue was Bill is charismatic. He just is. Bob Dole... not so much. Plus, the country was different back then. To me, as unrealistic as it is to compare to 1980, it is also unrealistic to compare to 1996.

I honestly can't remember who was available in 1996. In 2012, I wanted to see Colin Powell.

Also, I'm not saying the eventual nominee was the best-in-class available. I'm just saying no one forced you to vote for them. If you had a principled reason to not vote for them, I have no quarrel with that decision.

If America really needed to elect a Black president, we ended up electing a lot worse than electing Colon Powell. That said, I'm not a fan. And mostly because he's GOPe, but also, he lost his soul sometime around 2002/2003.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    If America really needed to elect a Black president, we ended up electing a lot worse than electing Colon Powell. That said, I'm not a fan. And mostly because he's GOPe, but also, he lost his soul sometime around 2002/2003.
    No doubt, he is a globalist RINO, who voted for Obama in 08. There were decent candidates in 2012, like Ron Paul, Herman Cain, and Michelle Bachman.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Trump for President is just a stepping stone, next stop Head of the UN!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom