• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    GOPers, #NeverTrumpers and other pant wetters...if ya'll don't like sitting at the dinner table in a dark kitchen for the 2016 general election with Trump, ya'll should have eaten your veggies in 1996, 2008 and 2012 and nominated a canditate who wasn't a worthless ****, losing very winnable races. Now your green beans are cold, dried out and you're going to have to deal with it.

SPOT F%#@&*? ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going to remember this post when a the n00b-Republican, non-conservative nominee loses not only a "very winnable race" but THE MOST WINNABLE PRESIDENTIAL RACE in a generation.

Then we can have a real grown-up discussion about nominating people who've actually proven they have the same values.

Oh. Wait. Come to think of it, most Trump supporters are as lacking in grace and respect as he is, apparently.

We sure seem to have a lot of liberals on here lately. Are liberals pro gun now days, hmm...?

That question reveals you probably don't get out much. ;)

Many - perhaps most - real liberals are pro gun. I think you mean "democrats." There is a difference.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Going to remember this post when a the n00b-Republican, non-conservative nominee loses not only a "very winnable race" but THE MOST WINNABLE PRESIDENTIAL RACE in a generation.

Don't worry. If it looks like Trump is going to lose Georgia, Putin will invade.

:joke:

Then we can have a real grown-up discussion about nominating people who've actually proven they have the same values.

Oh. Wait. Come to think of it, most Trump supporters are as lacking in grace and respect as he is, apparently.

I don't expect a lot of level-headed conversation from the die-hards after Trump loses this. They'll either disappear, or double-down on blaming everyone but themselves.

And maybe I shouldn't think that way. But I'd rather have a conversation with people about how to help preserve our rights... Instead they seem to care more about "taking down the GOP", and "middle fingers", etc.

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Don't worry. If it looks like Trump is going to lose Georgia, Putin will invade.

Funny on a couple levels.

I'm pretty sure Trump could find USian Georgia on a map. I have little faith he could find the other one.

I don't expect a lot of level-headed conversation from the die-hards after Trump loses this. They'll either disappear, or double-down on blaming everyone but themselves.

I'm kinda a hopeful cynic.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

And maybe I shouldn't think that way. But I'd rather have a conversation with people about how to help preserve our rights... Instead they seem to care more about "taking down the GOP", and "middle fingers", etc.

It seems pretty obvious which direction they're headed.

A point I tried to make during the 2012 election, people get to make their own choices, and I shouldn't assume others, even if we share some common interests, must support the same candidate I support. I voted for Romney, not an ideal candidate, not my first choice, but among the viable choices, a better choice than Obama. Several GOP posters complained at the #neverromney posters and blamed them for Romney losing. Now, some of these same people, the #neverromney-ers are complaining at the #nevertrumpers for essentially doing the same thing.

On the other side of this election, after the HBIC is sworn in, there will indeed be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Those who haven't been seduced by the charms of snake oil will blame the naysayers. But as time goes on and the spell fades, we'll re-gear for the next election, join new factions, and exchange the same old arguments between us. Pragmatists, embrace the principled argument because voting for a third party and thus not voting for evil may suit you better next time. Ideologues, embrace the pragmatic argument, because you may avoid the worst evil by accepting the least.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    One other thing. Drop the Russia-Trump conspiracy bull****. It smells a lot like a red herring. I think it is a media blitzkrieg designed to make the story about how the emails were obtained than what the emails revealed. And advice for #nevertrumpers, the enemy of your enemy, in this case, is also your enemy.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    A point I tried to make during the 2012 election, people get to make their own choices, and I shouldn't assume others, even if we share some common interests, must support the same candidate I support.

The vitriol about past Republican loser-nominees - going back 20 years apparently - is baffling to me. For one thing, it skips a significant 2-term winner. For another thing, those losers probably lost because a big enough group of Republicans stayed home or voted for the other guy. (2008 was an unusual year.)

No one ever said "you" had to vote for the losers. "You" chose to, if that's what you did. I did, too. I could tolerate them, if not completely support them.

This year, I'll probably join the throngs of people who DIDN'T vote for those nominees and not vote for this one. For the first time.

Gimme a break.

Let's talk about THIS loser, not the past losers.

One other thing. Drop the Russia-Trump conspiracy bull****. It smells a lot like a red herring. I think it is a media blitzkrieg designed to make the story about how the emails were obtained than what the emails revealed. And advice for #nevertrumpers, the enemy of your enemy, in this case, is also your enemy.

I'm not really worried about a real conspiracy. I'm more worried that the Republican candidate sounds like he's completely oblivious to the risk, and even the recent history, of Putin and Russia.

Heck, it makes HRC seem positively Romney-esque.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

The Russia/Trump stuff came long before the DNC leak.

Also, no need to be binary. I don't consider Trump "the enemy" here. That's 100% Clinton. Trump is, however, incapable of defeating said enemy... so I'm not too thrilled about him being shoved down America's collective throats.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    The vitriol about past Republican loser-nominees - going back 20 years apparently - is baffling to me. For one thing, it skips a significant 2-term winner. For another thing, those losers probably lost because a big enough group of Republicans stayed home or voted for the other guy. (2008 was an unusual year.)

No one ever said "you" had to vote for the losers. "You" chose to, if that's what you did. I did, too. I could tolerate them, if not completely support them.

This year, I'll probably join the throngs of people who DIDN'T vote for those nominees and not vote for this one. For the first time.

Gimme a break.

Let's talk about THIS loser, not the past losers.

I'm not really worried about a real conspiracy. I'm more worried that the Republican candidate sounds like he's completely oblivious to the risk, and even the recent history, of Putin and Russia.

Heck, it makes HRC seem positively Romney-esque.
    . So once aaaaaaagain,the RNC gave us a acceptable candidate?This Sh!+ Is ALL on their shoulders.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    . So once aaaaaaagain,the RNC gave us a acceptable candidate?This Sh!+ Is ALL on their shoulders.

haha

My HarleyRider Decryption Device is retired. :) Can you elaborate?

Trump - as I think we can all agree - is not a product of the RNC.

As far as his nomination being on all "their" shoulders, who are "they"? Or are you saying the failure of the GOP establishment to turn the country into a bastion of conservative ideology is what made Trump appealing to people?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Now that's a little harsh don't you think? My wife, and many here have met her, is a very graceful woman....Many of my family are supporting Trump and they have as much grace and are as respectful as any folks I have ever met...

It doesn't bother me when the never Trump folks attack Trump...That's fair game...Attacking his supporters seems a little shallow and mean spirited and dare I say could even show a lack of "grace" and "respect".....Ironically enough exactly what you say Trump supporters lack....

IMHO....

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Now that's a little harsh don't you think? My wife, and many here have met her, is a very graceful woman....Many of my family are supporting Trump and they have as much grace and are as respectful as any folks I have ever met...

It doesn't bother me when the never Trump folks attack Trump...That's fair game...Attacking his supporters seems a little shallow and mean spirited and dare I say could even show a lack of "grace" and "respect".....Ironically enough exactly what you say Trump supporters lack....

IMHO....

There will always be an example of a "good" Trump supporter. I don't think T.Lex meant it as a blanket statement... so let's not try to make things personal for no reason.

I know plenty myself. There are those that are just along for the ride... and there are those that stand as a shield to the man, ready to defend and block all criticism.

The latter is what we're speaking of. The "Obama"-type supporters.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Now that's a little harsh don't you think?

No, I don't think that's harsh. :)

My wife, and many here have met her, is a very graceful woman....Many of my family are supporting Trump and they have as much grace and are as respectful as any folks I have ever met...
    Trump has, on occasion, been respectful, too.

As generalizations go, there are always exceptions. I have no doubt that your family are higher on the grace/respect curve than Trump himself. :)

game...Attacking his supporters seems a little shallow and mean spirited and dare I say could even show a lack of "grace" and "respect".....Ironically enough exactly what you say Trump supporters lack....

How so? Is it not appropriate to call these things out? It certainly seems like non-Trump supporters - like NeverTrumpers - are routinely fodder for Trump supporters.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I don't expect a lot of level-headed conversation from the die-hards after Trump loses this. They'll either disappear, or double-down on blaming everyone but themselves.And maybe I shouldn't think that way..

You're probably right...You shouldn't think that way...

There are a lot of attacks here on Trump Supporters....If I understand the gist of this thread the candidate(s) the never Trumpers wanted did not get nominated and never Trumpers are blaming everyone but themselves for this...And if Trump loses to Hillary the never trumpers are accusing the Trump supporters of blaming everyone but themselves???

That's some interesting irony right there...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

There are a lot of attacks here on Trump Supporters....If I understand the gist of this thread the candidate(s) the never Trumpers wanted did not get nominated and never Trumpers are blaming everyone but themselves for this...And if Trump loses to Hillary the never trumpers are accusing the Trump supporters of blaming everyone but themselves???

Except it doesn't make any sense. :)

How are neverTrumpers responsible for Trump's nomination?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

Does not compute.

They picked the loser. We'll never know what would have happened with my choice (who was polling higher, against what should have been an easy win against Clinton).

Trump polling was consistently low (don't care if you think polls don't matter)... and he's flipping red states blue. There's no "winning" going on.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    indi-

I appreciate your efforts in these threads to "humanize" both sides. There is value to that effort. Generally, I think my efforts align with those.

But sometimes, the intensity of Trumpism carries people untenable positions. Those need to be called out.

NeverTrumpers are guilty of the same things. Jamil's reference to the Putin conspiracy is something that comes immediately to mind. Those deserve to be called out, too.

So, thanks. :)

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    How so? Is it not appropriate to call these things out? It certainly seems like non-Trump supporters - like NeverTrumpers - are routinely fodder for Trump supporters.

You have never heard me say anything like that...Some of my very good friends on here are never trumpers...And I mean they have crossed the line from "this dude I know on the internet" to "Brother if you need ANYTHING we are here for you" and we get along great...They don't think I'm a stupid neo nazi hillbilly because I support Trump and I don't think they are closet commies trying to destroy the nation I love because they are never trumpers....

We have different opinions....Plus I like train wrecks and good theater...Trump, I believe, can deliver....To me it's worth seeing if in my lifetime we can elect someone with NO political experience into a position the founders believed could be handled by someone with NO political experience...I'm an historian...I even make a decent living peddling history....

I want to see history made...That takes an outsider...He happened to be the outsider that won...Therefore he gets my vote...

IMHO

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom