• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    But.....Pence never really answered the question!!!! You see that as principle but I see it as more of the same ole same ole.

I think that is the heart of Trump mania. He STATES the position.

What I admire about Trump is HOW he states a position BECAUSE it reminds me of myself.

For example.

You and I are sitting at a bar having a beer, which although some will around here you refuse ;)

I make a blanket statement, I am sick of ALL this BLM stuff. ALM!!!

You respond, well, what they are really trying to say is BLM too, and give me several non sensationalized stories of Black folks being unfairly treated in the last decade.

I respond well I wish they would respond BLM too on their signs then

BUT i walk away better informed with a more nuanced position.

Now what I see happening with Trump.

We all hear his blanket statement because it makes all the news outlets. We don't hear much of the context. However when I have went back and listened to the context and his refinements of position, they mostly remind me of how I talk sitting at the bar and how I ain't really cementing a position as much as I am throwing something out for discussion and what comes out the other end is ok enough for me.

Notice the HOW above. I don't always admire the answers. The most notable instances where I wish he would have kept his mouth shut were the Indiana Judge of Mexican Descent and the Khan family incident.

If it had been me, i would have apologized for a moment of emotion and moved on, something else I have had to do, and if he did , would probably help his numbers.

It seems when it comes to Trump, folks want someone, an outsider with all the polish of a practiced politician, who may exist.

Since the 90s the Republican party has been telling me we need a business man in the oval office because that will move our country in the right direction. Well they have their wish now.

Well Foszoe, we all know you've probably treated black folks unfairly. You've probably wouldn't even have dinner with one. Wasis.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Republican congressman will vote for Hillary. Trump unfit. Can't say as I disagree with the gentleman from NY.

GOP Rep. Richard Hanna: I'll vote for Clinton; first House member to cross party line | syracuse.com

Hanna split with Republican leaders on these key votes:
    • He voted for a February bill to raise the federal debt limit and avoid a default on the nation's debt.
    • He was the only Republican to vote against a January bill that would have banned health insurance plans from covering abortion services under the Affordable Care Act.
    • He voted against a September 2013 bill for a short-term budget that would have required a one-year delay for parts of the Affordable Care Act.
    • In his first term, he voted against legislation that would have trimmed funding for National Public Radio, the National Endowment for the Arts, Amtrak, and the Department of Energy and cut off federal aid for Planned Parenthood.

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Was trying to put Manafort into context with regard to Trump's other staff. Saw some somewhat familiar names, then this jumped off the page at me.

Omarosa Manigault - Director of African American Outreach.

Seriously.

Former 'Apprentice' star Omarosa named Trump director of African-American outreach - POLITICO

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omarosa

She actually worked for Al Gore. Yeah. That Al Gore. When he was VP.

And, she could be one of the worst people to actually do any kind of outreach.

I guess the good news is, it isn't like he could do any worse in that demographic.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The actual billionaires in the US are avoiding Trump and he isn't getting any of that sweet, sweet funding. Mark Cuban even had some rather harsh words for him. Funny, but harsh.

https://news.vice.com/article/billionaire-donors-dont-like-donald-trump

"Leadership is not [about] yelling, and screaming, and intimidating," Cuban said. "People like that in Pittsburgh are called a jagoff. Is there any bigger jagoff in the world than Donald Trump?"

No, Mark, there isn't.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    IDK..The whole Trump thing aside I happen to think Cuban is a pretty big loudmouth J.O. himself.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I've been saying that Trump is just like Reagan, but without the charm, eloquence, judgment and values...which still doesn't make him the worst candidate.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom