• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I know we've been through this ad nauseum in this and other threads... but what do you know Trump is going to do with regards to firearms?

We know Clinton, yes. No one here, especially Jamil, supports or wants Clinton to win.

But consider my question... What do you know that Trump will do with regards to firearms?

Nobody can possibly KNOW what someone else will do in advance. But we CAN know what they've SAID they're going to do. And in that regard Trump is far, far better than Hillary.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    I'm late to the Khan party.

Has anyone pointed out how distasteful it is for parents (and the DNC) to trade on their dead son's sacrifice to promote their own political agenda?

Shoot, of course someone has.

i thought the same thing when i watched his speech......Khan's

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    In post #698 you wrote "what plant are you on"...

I assumed you meant to write "planet", at first...but, it works as written just as well.

Thought it was funny. Getting less so now.

yes i meant our planet...i see now i spelled it wrong....thanks for pointing that out...

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Has anyone pointed out how distasteful it is for parents (and the DNC) to trade on their dead son's sacrifice to promote their own political agenda?

I believe you just have and another thing I found quite laughable is when Mr. Khan pulled out a pocket copy of the Constitution and started waiving around at a DNC of all places.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I believe you just have and another thing I found quite laughable is when Mr. Khan pulled out a pocket copy of the Constitution and started waiving around at a DNC of all places.

Assuming he actually read it (which is debatable) he may well be the only one in that arena that has.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Assuming he actually read it (which is debatable) he may well be the only one in that arena that has.
    It's no secret that many in the Democrat party view the Constitution as an outdated obstacle that must be subverted. Suddenly they want to embrace it when used to do a political hit job.

That's the part I find laughable.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It's no secret that many in the Democrat party view the Constitution as an outdated obstacle that must be subverted. Suddenly they want to embrace it when used to do a political hit job.

That's the part I find laughable.

The powers that be should hope they never actually read them. :)

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I know we've been through this ad nauseum in this and other threads... but what do you know Trump is going to do with regards to firearms?

We know Clinton, yes. No one here, especially Jamil, supports or wants Clinton to win.

But consider my question... What do you know that Trump will do with regards to firearms?

And I'm sure those who voted for Reagan never thought they'd experience the most drastic infringement of the second amendment.

As an NRA member and a republican, I have a little more faith than you do. He's been the most vocal supporter of the second amendment running for presidential office I've seen in my lifetime. Sure, all I have is words to go on, just like I had with the last 3 republicans I voted for.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis

Yes. I think we covered that. And all agreed during the Pat Smith tirades. It is unseemly. And shouldn't be done.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    And I'm sure those who voted for Reagan never thought they'd experience the most drastic infringement of the second amendment.

As an NRA member and a republican, I have a little more faith than you do. He's been the most vocal supporter of the second amendment running for presidential office I've seen in my lifetime. Sure, all I have is words to go on, just like I had with the last 3 republicans I voted for.

Reagan was between a rock and a hard place. Damned if he dies, damned if he doesnt. I don't blame Reagan for that, I blame Democrats. Some of us were around during the times before FOPA. We all thought that the ban would never survive the first challenge. This is where a lot of us learned about "compromise" with the left, and it's why we are so adamant against it.

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

That's a bit of a sticky wicket, though, right? I mean, look at the RNC speakers list....

No it was in reference to the wife not being allowed to speak in regard to her social status within the muslim hierarchy.

"Muslim hierarchy"? Generalizing non-religious cultures is intellectual laziness. And insulting. The cultures - and their treatment of women - that compose the Muslim world are not monolithic.

I think that's an overstatement. Post WWI was arguable worse.

GWB was a big 2A supporter. Rick Perry, too, I believe.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    That's a bit of a sticky wicket, though, right? I mean, look at the RNC speakers list....

"Muslim hierarchy"? Generalizing non-religious cultures is intellectual laziness. And insulting. The cultures - and their treatment of women - that compose the Muslim world are not monolithic.

Just because there are exceptions to the rule doesn't mean the rule doesn't exist.

Besides, it can't be all about keeping the women down, we need to work in throwing gays off buildings and burning children in cages. Full time gig. It's hard to keep up with all the factions.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Just because there are exceptions to the rule doesn't mean the rule doesn't exist.

I deal with rules and exceptions every day. :) Yes, at some point, when the exceptions are more numerous than the rule, it effectively no longer exists.

Plus, it isn't really a rule. But, I think you know that.

Besides, it can't be all about keeping the women down, we need to work in throwing gays off buildings and burning children in cages. Full time gig. It's hard to keep up with all the factions.
    Just because it is difficult, doesn't mean it isn't worth doing.

The factions that do those things should be held responsible. Not the factions not doing those thing.

Seems like a lesson gun owners would understand.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Are we just supposed to pretend it does not happen?
    I do like make believe. Mr. Rogers taught me.

In America? Domestic abuse/subservience is isolated to any one religion? C'mon, man. That kind of myopia misses the real problem.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom