• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Well, I finally joined "The Legion" today! I have been beating this around for a while now, and was finally able to pull it off. Sig P226 Legion SAO is in the house!

So, Papa Bear joins Baby Bear in the family, and now maybe I need to add a P229 Mama Bear to the collection! :D

The P938 in the picture has been carried every day for the last 2 years as my EDC.

Very nice! You won't regret the purchase at all, wonderful gun! ;)

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Well, I finally joined "The Legion" today! I have been beating this around for a while now, and was finally able to pull it off. Sig P226 Legion SAO is in the house!

So, Papa Bear joins Baby Bear in the family, and now maybe I need to add a P229 Mama Bear to the collection! :D

The P938 in the picture has been carried every day for the last 2 years as my EDC.

I also own both and carry the 938 daily. You will love the Legion in the SAO!psyko

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Thanks! The Sig P220 .45 was the the first real "modern" semi auto I ever shot back in the early 90s, it was my dad's duty gun. Nice to have one of my own now.

Chip
    Nice first to shoot. Mine was a berretta, always thought they were large and heavy, surprised by Sig and others how much better recoil could be handled.

JBP239

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2016
    Danville

I hope to join the Legion some day myself. Great choice and great looking pair of firearms! You probably do need a P229 also so you can have a choice of small, medium or large..a carry weapon for every occasion! :)

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    How do you like it? I'm looking at one and like that it comes with 4 magazines.

It's just a standard P320 only thing "not stock" about it is the fiber optic front sight which I admit I like despite the fiber optic comming loose.

If you like the extra mags I would suggest waiting for the X-5 to come out it has a boatload extra features plus several magazines as well

bobby knight

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 31, 2013
    Monticello
    It's just a standard P320 only thing "not stock" about it is the fiber optic front sight which I admit I like despite the fiber optic comming loose.

If you like the extra mags I would suggest waiting for the X-5 to come out it has a boatload extra features plus several magazines as well
    Thanks, there's not a lot of info on them and I see the compact has a threaded barrel which I could do without. The price is $650 shipped for the full size.

bobby knight

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 31, 2013
    Monticello

. I just watched the video on the X-5. I'll wait on that. Thanks

Doublehelix

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Wasn't sure where to post this, so I will just continue to post in this thread...

As I posted earlier, I got my Sig P226 Legion SAO yesterday. I finally got around to cleaning it today, and took it to the range.

OH MY!!! I am pretty much speechless at how well this gun shoots. So smooth, with almost no recoil. It feels so solid in my hand, I am not sure how I will ever be able to shoot another handgun again! :D

The trigger is suueeeeeet beyond belief, and I love the x-ray sights. It fits my hands so nicely, and the grips are solid without feeling like they were going to tear my hands apart.

Accuracy-wise, it took me a few mags to get on track, but once I did, I will shooting offhand 2" groups at 21 feet with a few flyers here and there, which is not as good as I normally shoot, but it is a whole new feel to me with a totally different trigger, so I guess that is to be expected. I was hoping to shoot better groups, but "it is what it is".

It definitely shoots left, so that is either my issue with getting used to the new trigger, or I will need to adjust the windage. I am going to shoot it a few more times before I even consider adjusting the sights, that is for sure. I am going to bring a support or some sandbags next time just to check the zero.

Overall, even with the mediocre groupings, I am having a tough time wiping the Cheshire grin from my face!

P226 Legion... Where have you been all my life!!! LOL... Now, I just need to learn how to shoot the dang thing.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    It definitely shoots left, so that is either my issue with getting used to the new trigger, or I will need to adjust the windage. I am going to shoot it a few more times before I even consider adjusting the sights, that is for sure. I am going to bring a support or some sandbags next time just to check the zero.

The Legion guns have that issue, my 229 shot about 3 inches or so to the left at 20 yards so a minor adjustment and it was fixed.

Doublehelix

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    The Legion guns have that issue, my 229 shot about 3 inches or so to the left at 20 yards so a minor adjustment and it was fixed.

I am sure it will be an easy fix as long as it is the gun and not the shooter! I have made adjustments to all of my gun sights at one time or another. I want to make sure it is not me for a few range trips and I get a chance to get used to the trigger, it is quite a bit different from what I am used to with my H&K or my small Sig P938.

It was shooting left, but the groups weren't all that tight either, so that makes me feel like a lot of it is the shooter. It is crazy, I would get 3 or 4 shots to the left, and then 2 in a row that were dead center bullseye. I will clean it again and take it out again tomorrow.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Pistol-shooting-chart.jpg

Top Bottom