• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Thanks. Saw that when I was surfing today, but didn't have time to read it. I have it bookmarked.
    So I read that blog post years ago (10 I think), I saw a browning bda in 9mm (if you don’t know, it was actually made by sig, and the frame was cerakoted gray, it looked good and the shop that had it didn’t have it long, but because it was coated there was no way of knowing if it was coated to look good, or if the previous owner read Bruce’s blog an realized no one would buy it if they saw the gold showing on the rails…so I passed!

The second I passed on was a nickel (factory nickel!) plated 228, with night sights made in 91 if I remember correctly, I asked if I could field strip it, he said “only if you can put it back together!” (It was at a pawn shop) as I slid the slide off, I saw gold on the rails, so I reassembled it and said thanks but I’ll pass!

I purchased my German 226 before I read the blog, but luckily for me, the rails are perfect!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Family photo of some .40s….
    Apologies if I asked this previously but on the FDE 22x gun, are you using the CHW RMR adapter plate ? If so, how's that working for you?

and that question is open to others as well about what plates, if any folks are using on their 22x guns to run RMR footprint sights.

Thank you

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    No matter what brand of gun if C&H makes a plate that’s what I use.
    Good to know. I talked to them at NRAAM but have never used their products.

On the P22x Legion series appears it's a "filler" plate vs adapter, so I was curious if it was gtg.

Likely saves me buying another optic.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Three New Consumer Promotions Now Available When You Purchase Select SIG SAUER Guns

Three New Consumer Promotions Now Available When You Purchase Select SIG SAUER Guns

Now through October 31, 2024, when you purchase select SIG SAUER guns at your local dealer, you can qualify for a free P365, M18 or M17. Restrictions apply, see website for complete details.

BUY A P226-XFIVE, GET A FREE P365
    QUALIFYING SKUS: 226X5-9-CLASSIC, 226X5-9-LEGION, 226X5-9-STAS, 226X5-9-CLASSIC-10, 226X5-9-LEGION-10, 226X5-9-STAS-10

BUY A MCX-REGULATOR, GET A FREE P365
    QUALIFYING SKUS: RMCXR-556N-16B, RMCXR-556N-16B-RX2, RMCXR-762R-16B

BUY A MCX-SPEAR, GET A FREE M17 OR M18
    QUALIFYING SKUS: PSPEAR-762-13B, RSPEAR-762-13B-SBR, RSPEAR-762-16B

Terms and conditions: Restrictions apply. See website for complete details. All trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade dress, product names and logos appearing in this email are the property of their respective owners. No trademark or service mark appearing in this email may be used without the prior written consent of the mark’s owner.

SIG SAUER Inc.,

72 Pease Boulevard, Newington, NH 03801

(603) 610-3000

sigsauer.com

FooterImage1
    fi9

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I am lucky enough to have a couple P230s and they are guns that just make you smile when one is in hand. Tried and true design, quality built and just nice...
    The Sig P230 is proof SIG can make a good looking gun.. pretty much everything after that is proof they just choose not to.

"Why make good looking guns, they keep buying the ugly ones"

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    The Sig P230 is proof SIG can make a good looking gun.. pretty much everything after that is proof they just choose not to.

"Why make good looking guns, they keep buying the ugly ones"
    Interesting, that's why they say there's no accounting for taste.

Still not sure who they is though.

I look at the picture and think 'gross'. Ifn it weren't fer poor taste I wouldn't have no taste at all.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Interesting, that's why they say there's no accounting for taste.

Still not sure who they is though.

I look at the picture and think 'gross'. Ifn it weren't fer poor taste I wouldn't have no taste at all.
    I'm kinda with you. Never been a big fan of the PPK-ish look. Don't hate it, but don't get particularly excited about it, either. I'm also not a big fan of blowback actions.

I think the P22X guns are pretty aesthetically appealing in a traditional and confident sort of way. They look exactly like a serious handgun is supposed to look.

Top Bottom