Not open for further replies.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Funny seeing Mitt take a play from Reid here. Reid makes up nonsense about Mitt's taxes.... Mitt masterfully trolls Trump on it years later. Wonder if he knows anything at all, or is just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks

I don't really care about the motive. It'd be better to see the tax returns now than it would later.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't really care about the motive. It'd be better to see the tax returns now than it would later.

Yeah. Looks like Rubio releasing his tax returns this weekend, per campaign.
    We already know Trump's situation, per your link. He'll probably do it soon.
    I believe Cruz released his in 2012, not sure if he's on the hook for 2016 though.
    Clinton seems to keep her's up-to-date on her website, for the most part. I think 2014 was latest.
    Sanders also released his 2014, not sure if he did any beyond that.

I don't care about Carson and Kasich in this regard.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    WHAT? Really?

Unfortunately Hillary doesn't score as high as Trump on the NO ****ING WAY poll.

She does in my house. And also for a lot of people that I know.

It's all academic for us anyway. The Republican nominee will be all but chosen by the time our primary rolls around, and I'm betting that it will be Trump.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    She does in my house. And also for a lot of people that I know.

It's all academic for us anyway. The Republican nominee will be all but chosen by the time our primary rolls around, and I'm betting that it will be Trump.

Unless the RNC drops him, which... at this point... I'd love to see.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    So Romney doesn't know there is a bombshell, he's just speculating that there may be.

I am going to go out on a limb and say even if there were a bombshell it would not change the minds of his supporters.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    So Romney doesn't know there is a bombshell, he's just speculating that there may be.

I am going to go out on a limb and say even if there were a bombshell it would not change the minds of his supporters.

Exactly, he wasn't wrong when he said he could shoot people on 5th ave and not lose support.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Unless the RNC drops him, which... at this point... I'd love to see.

That would be brilliant. Drop the candidate that pulls more votes than Rubio and Cruz combined. Top notch strategy. :):

What about the pledge of support Trump signed? One way only?
    The machine that gave us bob dole, john mccain and mitt romney is out to destroy a candidate in their own party.......

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Time for the RNC to Cut Trump Loose

From Jon Gabriel.

Welcome to INGO.

I'm not saying Hillary is who should be President. We're talking hypotheticals here... and it seems that Hillary being President for 4 years would be better off for Republicans because they'll actually have a chance to get a candidate in office when she's out. While Trump and Hillary are identical politically... both equally dangerous... a Trump disaster Presidency would lock Republicans out of the White House for some time. There's no "delusion" here, just thoughts on hypothetical situations that neither of us want to happen. Thoughts, discussions, discourse... all those are good things to do.

Let's not confuse presenting thought experiments as endorsing of said ideas.

Situation 1: Trump is disaster President. Voters are turned off to the GOP, don't allow a GOP President post-Trump. GOP, as it is, has to "repair" itself for many years.
    Situation 2: Clinton is disaster President. GOP congress can oppose her, fight her, make her fight against SCOTUS. GOP, as it is, can nominate a Conservative to run against her in 4 years.

Two similar situations... but one has worse long-term effects. Dunno.

To others: Reducing this to the absurd "OMG U LIEK HITLERY" is childish. Discuss, don't be silly.

You couldn't be more wrong, if Trump does a horrible job, the RNC will simply tell everyone "We told you so" and republicans won't be stuck with the blame, only outsiders.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    "Situation 2: Clinton is disaster President. GOP congress can oppose her, fight her, make her fight against SCOTUS. GOP, as it is, can nominate a Conservative to run against her in 4 years."

GP I think you are glossing over a bit the fact that Hitlery would be years 9 thru 12 of a Democratic disaster president with a GOP congress in opposition. That strategy hasn't been very pleasant so far. Prevailing opinion seems to be that none of the GOP top three will have much in the way of coattails so I'm not sure you can assume that GOP congress, either. 4 more years, really? Make her fight against SCOTUS when she would get to appoint the ninth justice?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Mitt Romney's ironic attack on Donald Trump - CNNPolitics.com

Mitt Romney warned Wednesday that Donald Trump's tax returns could contain a "bombshell" in a biting attack that hinted at clear signs of alarm in the Republican establishment at the billionaire's tightening grip on the party's presidential race.

"We have good reason to believe that there's a bombshell in Donald Trump's taxes," Romney told Fox News, and also called on the top anti-Trump contenders Sens. Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio to disclose their tax information as well.

Ironic. Mitt 'Believe in America, Invest in the Caymans' Romney says Trump's taxes will be a bombshell?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Combined, 4-state popular vote:

Trump 420,251 (32.7%)
    Cruz 265,756 (20.7%)
    Rubio 257,103 (20.1%)
    Kasich 107,314 (8.3%)
    Carson 80,853 (6.3%)

Honestly, I think if Cruz drops out his supporters (remember he's a Tea Party guy) will be more inclined to support Trump than establishment guy, Rubio.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom