Not open for further replies.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am becoming resigned to his inevitability. I have some hope that he is a "dance with the girl that brung you" kind of guy. I am not confident, just hopeful.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Edit: Also, Trump just tweeted

Which means either

A. He's not going to show them.
    B. His net worth really is probably 1/10th of his claim.

Don't need to see it to know what it means: he is leveraged to the hilt. That's smart money that makes your money make more money.

It is also bad government policy.

I am becoming resigned to his inevitability. I have some hope that he is a "dance with the girl that brung you" kind of guy. I am not confident, just hopeful.

Yeah, each poll that comes out takes chunks out of my belief that the GOP primary electorate will wake up and realize he is not a good choice.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Yup.

2d71ok.jpg

:):

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Going by his history with women I wouldn't be confident either.

Nah...we decided, way back in the Clinton years, that how faithful people are to the ones that they took a lifelong oath with, have no bearing on how trustworthy they are or whether we should trust them to do the job we've placed our trust in them to do. Compartmentalization or something like that.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Nah...we decided, way back in the Clinton years, that how faithful people are to the ones that they took a lifelong oath with, have no bearing on how trustworthy they are or whether we should trust them to do the job we've placed our trust in them to do. Compartmentalization or something like that.

I wasn't at that meeting, I'd have told Gingrich to take a hike too for being a sleezebag.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I wasn't at that meeting, I'd have told Gingrich to take a hike too for being a sleezebag.

Well....you see, that's different. Republican sleezebags are shunted off stage and left behind. Democrat sleezebags are idolized and their spouses (and even offspring) are heralded as the return of the good old days. Yeah, I probably should have included the provisos, caveats, and disclaimers. Nothing is as simple as is stated.

But yeah, trashing one oath doesn't necessarily mean one is untrustworthy. (See fine print for details).

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm ready to write-in SMOD2016.

Unlike the other candidates, it has a clear path to the White House through the Earth's molten core. He has a strong position in making the planet uninhabitable again, and will literally eradicate the other candidates (in addition to all human life... except for sulfur-oxidizing bacteria in deep sea thermal vents.)

He will create nine vacancies on the Supreme Court. He believes young women have the same opportunity to die in an asteroid apocalypse as everyone else. He will donate 9.2 quadrillion tons of iron and nickel to Earth. His plan to solve our weather-related problems through a process of "Everybody Dies In A Fiery Apocalypse" is unmatched by any other candidate. I think he's best suited to make a real impact on American (and world) politics.

Cb3v9LTUEAAphzH.jpg

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Well....you see, that's different. Republican sleezebags are shunted off stage and left behind. Democrat sleezebags are idolized and their spouses (and even offspring) are heralded as the return of the good old days. Yeah, I probably should have included the provisos, caveats, and disclaimers. Nothing is as simple as is stated.

But yeah, trashing one oath doesn't necessarily mean one is untrustworthy. (See fine print for details).

Yep. Jimmy Carter was a man of faith, true to his wife, and an awesome President.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Last Night, Ben Carson Proved My Point — His Vanity Is Trumping His Good Judgment

By David French

Edit: Also, Trump just tweeted

Which means either

A. He's not going to show them.
    B. His net worth really is probably 1/10th of his claim.

Both really, but A because of B.

I read something several months ago where someone did an evaluation of Trump's net worth. And he basically said it's about 1/10th of what Trump claims. Trump likes to claim some assets as being worth a lot more than they are.

Yeah. I'm trying to become delusional too. It's kinda like alcohol helping the ugly date to look more attractive.

I still think it should be Stage 5) [STRIKE]Acceptance[/STRIKE] Delusional

Yep. Jimmy Carter was a man of faith, true to his wife, and an awesome President.

I'm not sure that my computer could even allow me to type that last part even if it were the punchline to the most hilarious joke.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Dear Ted and Marco: Go Nuclear on Trump. Scorch the Earth. | The Resurgent

Not sure if that'd work. As we've discussed before... The Obama Followers doubled-down when criticism and attacks came at Obama. Trump's are similar, they don't want to hear how bad he is, or how he isn't what he says he is... They'll defend him to the end. The more he's attacked, the higher they'll lift him up.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    So this is floating around today. Get ready, Bioshock Infinite is real.

Also, he's ripped.

CcD8RnGWAAA9A7h.jpg:large

I dunno, this has to be the best I'm come across so far:

HocFSL7.jpg

Dear Ted and Marco: Go Nuclear on Trump. Scorch the Earth. | The Resurgent

Not sure if that'd work. As we've discussed before... The Obama Followers doubled-down when criticism and attacks came at Obama. Trump's are similar, they don't want to hear how bad he is, or how he isn't what he says he is... They'll defend him to the end. The more he's attacked, the higher they'll lift him up.

You're making the mistake of assuming Trump supporters care what anyone has to say.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Both really, but A because of B.

I read something several months ago where someone did an evaluation of Trump's net worth. And he basically said it's about 1/10th of what Trump claims. Trump likes to claim some assets as being worth a lot more than they are.

In 2005, Deutsche Bank loaned Trump $640 million; their report estimated Trump’s net worth was $788 million.

So he's essentially a low-class commoner by GOP Establishment standards.

Donald Trump?s Worth: Tax Returns Would Prove It, and He Won?t Release Them

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics