Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Using the site they're referencing.

2QDaPJE.png

Houston Public Media/UH Center for Public Policy ? Super Tuesday Republican Primary Poll ? Houston Public Media

A poll of 415 people is not many...

What's the population of Texas? Oh that's right, 27 million people. That means they polled 0.0015%.

Lets try some more
    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...70566-trump-1-point-behind-cruz-in-texas-poll Trump behind by 1 point, most recent poll, larger sample size

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/02/23/uttt-poll-cruz-leads-trump-texas-rubio-lags-behind/ Cruz leads by 8

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...xas_republican_presidential_primary-3622.html Cruz leads by 5

Rubio will end up taking away Cruz's support and cause Trump to win or come in very very close.

Last edited:

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Are you sure you aren't a Hillary supporter? I see ridiculous twisting of words, ridiculous spin, and you're even pulling the racist card out.

Try actually listening to his words for once, maybe you should read transcripts instead of listening.

"We won with young, we won with old, we won with highly educated, we won with poorly educated, I love the poorly educated. We're the smartest people, with the most loyal people."

It takes a lot of bias, hate, and angst to twist that to mean "my supporters are poorly educated."

And the mask comes off, a dyed in the wool Hillary cheer leader finally reveals himself.

Disliking Trump has absolutely nothing to do with liking Hilary. If anything a Hilary supporter should be rooting Trump on as he'd be the easiest for Hilary to beat in the general.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    ... what? I posted pictures of Trump supporters counting ballots. Then you said, "I certainly hope that if Rubio had won Nevada that you would be voicing the same criticisms just as vociferously. But I wouldn't bet the farm on it"

Rather than address the Trump supporters counting ballots, you made a baseless claim that I wouldn't criticize it if they were Rubio supporters. Rather than address the photos and the legality of what they were doing... you went after me, and questioned my integrity.

"Caucuses are not directly governed by law, as their rules are imposed by state party organizations, not the government. They are actions of party bylaw. But even those rules appear to have been either brazenly flouted or – at best – not clearly defined to volunteers and activists.

The rule against wearing candidate apparel, for example, appears to originate in the mists of previous caucus tradition, rather than any codified party statute, though even this is entirely unclear."

The state GOP tweeted later in the evening to clarify the situation:
    Nevada GOP ✔‎@NVGOP
    It's not against the rules for volunteers to wear candidate gear. Volunteers went through extensive training & are doing a great job

Source: Nevada caucuses chaos: reports of double voting, Trump attire on poll staff | US news | The Guardian

I know it must be absolutely infuriating to see criticism of your guy, and how infuriating it must be for you to not understand what Twitter is... but those aren't my problems.

No more infuriating I would think than waiting for Trump to falter ... and waiting, and waiting ... :)

Beyond this, if you don't want to discuss or debate anything I post here... and just want to hit at me... it's just trolling and you won't be seeing any further responses from me (as I won't be seeing any of yours.) Can we play nice and talk about candidates instead of each other?

Invitation accepted. Would like to see the rules on allowable arguments loosened a bit but will work towards that

You were wrong. I would absolutely criticize them if they were supporters of Rubio, Cruz, Carson, Fiorina, anyone. You made up a thing, and I refuted it... even though I really didn't need to because you made it about me for some reason. If you've got some weird obsession or adoration with me, get in line. If you have something to confess, do it in PM. This public thing is embarrassing. Otherwise, please put me on your ignore list.

I have seen this strategem before. I believe you wound up telling the other individual (twangerbanger? can't remember will look later) to 'get off your ass'

Criticism accepted and taken to heart. I withdraw the accusation. It was not my intent to question your integrity as I have seen no evidence to call it into question. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

But you must understand that if you fly your anti-Trump banner tow above my head, you will be taking ground fire lol

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    Cruz is FROM Texas! And given the amount of Hispanics living there, and Trump's beliefs, Cruz should be smashing Trump. For Cruz's sake, I hope Texas is a winner take all state, because a mediocre showing by Trump could be very telling.

Texas is not winner take all. No state primary prior to March 15 is allowed to be winner take all.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Texas is not winner take all. No state primary prior to March 15 is allowed to be winner take all.

I believe I heard it on CNN that it was winner take all by congressional district. I could have misheard though.

edit: I googled

The state GOP doles out delegates in two batches: 47 of them are awarded based on statewide results, and 108 are awarded based on the results in each of the state’s 36 congressional districts.

The Republican Party of Texas has a winner-take-all provision in its primary, and the chances any candidate will get all of that party’s Texas delegates are very small. That candidate would have to win more than 50 percent of the vote statewide, and also in each of the state’s 36 congressional districts, to run the table.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Cruz is FROM Texas! And given the amount of Hispanics living there, and Trump's beliefs, Cruz should be smashing Trump. For Cruz's sake, I hope Texas is a winner take all state, because a mediocre showing by Trump could be very telling.

Trump overwhelmingly won the Hispanic vote in Nevada. And those Hispanics are not likely Puerto Ricans, Dominicans and Cubans. They are Mexicans. If he won the Hispanic vote after his comments about Mexico, that is telling. Trump also inexplicably pulls a lot of votes from evangelicals. Hispanics and evangelicals should be in the bag for Cruz, but nope. It's like Trump could shoot somebody in the middle of the street and his supporters would still vote for him. :):

I think Cruz might eke out a win in Texas. Maybe. But in the rest of the Super Tuesday states, I think he is in for more participation trophies.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Trump overwhelmingly won the Hispanic vote in Nevada. And those Hispanics are not likely Puerto Ricans, Dominicans and Cubans. They are Mexicans. If he won the Hispanic vote after his comments about Mexico, that is telling. Trump also inexplicably pulls a lot of votes from evangelicals. Hispanics and evangelicals should be in the bag for Cruz, but nope. It's like Trump could shoot somebody in the middle of the street and his supporters would still vote for him. :):

I think Cruz might eke out a win in Texas. Maybe. But in the rest of the Super Tuesday states, I think he is in for more participation trophies.

If you put in the amount of work and money required to immigrate here legally, you're going to really really be upset with those who get a free ride.

It's no surprise mexicans support him, to me anyway.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    If you put in the amount of work and money required to immigrate here legally, you're going to really really be upset with those who get a free ride.

It's no surprise mexicans support him, to me anyway.
    Cesar Chavez, organizer of (primarily Hispanic) farm labor, was fervently anti-illegal immigration as the illegals depressed farm wages.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I really hate our ****ing system. It makes it so that it's likely that the person who ends up as president is someone who most people don't really want, but they vote for the least evil. Trump has scored high on "most hated" polls consistently throughout the campaign. And because the "not Trump" vote is split, he's likely to win.

I don't blame you Trumpites. You have as much right to pick your candidate as anyone. However, When Hillary is sworn in I will be saying I told you so. But I'm sure you won't give a **** about that either. Because middle finger. **** yeah. You showed those mother****ers.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    WASHINGTON – Voter turnout in this year’s presidential primaries and caucuses are breaking records – but only on the Republican side.

GOP contests in Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina have drawn more than 1.2 million voters, up 24 percent over 2012.

“There’s no question about it: Donald Trump is the main cause of high Republican turnout,” said Larry Sabato, director of the Center for Politics at University of Virginia.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Seeing a different thought out there on "Who would you rather have in office, Hillary or Trump?"

One person responded, "Honestly? Hillary. She'll enact her leftism as a Leftist, not as someone with the imprimatur of conservatism."

We would even be able to expect Republicans in Congress to act like an opposition party, at least. Trump would be out of control, and confuse opposition to his leftist agenda.

There is absolutely no way that voters would allow a Republican to follow a Trump administration. At least with Hillary, we could run a Conservative against her in 4/8 years.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that you are dangerously wrong. If you really think it would be better for conservatives to have Hillary as president over Trump then you are beyond delusional.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Time for the RNC to Cut Trump Loose

From Jon Gabriel.

Restroyer said:
    My thoughts are that you are dangerously wrong. If you really think it would be better for conservatives to have Hillary as president over Trump then you are beyond delusional.

Welcome to INGO.

I'm not saying Hillary is who should be President. We're talking hypotheticals here... and it seems that Hillary being President for 4 years would be better off for Republicans because they'll actually have a chance to get a candidate in office when she's out. While Trump and Hillary are identical politically... both equally dangerous... a Trump disaster Presidency would lock Republicans out of the White House for some time. There's no "delusion" here, just thoughts on hypothetical situations that neither of us want to happen. Thoughts, discussions, discourse... all those are good things to do.

Let's not confuse presenting thought experiments as endorsing of said ideas.

Situation 1: Trump is disaster President. Voters are turned off to the GOP, don't allow a GOP President post-Trump. GOP, as it is, has to "repair" itself for many years.
    Situation 2: Clinton is disaster President. GOP congress can oppose her, fight her, make her fight against SCOTUS. GOP, as it is, can nominate a Conservative to run against her in 4 years.

Two similar situations... but one has worse long-term effects. Dunno.

To others: Reducing this to the absurd "OMG U LIEK HITLERY" is childish. Discuss, don't be silly.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Mitt Romney's ironic attack on Donald Trump - CNNPolitics.com

Mitt Romney warned Wednesday that Donald Trump's tax returns could contain a "bombshell" in a biting attack that hinted at clear signs of alarm in the Republican establishment at the billionaire's tightening grip on the party's presidential race.

"We have good reason to believe that there's a bombshell in Donald Trump's taxes," Romney told Fox News, and also called on the top anti-Trump contenders Sens. Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio to disclose their tax information as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom