• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    I really hate our ****ing system. It makes it so that it's likely that the person who ends up as president is someone who most people don't really want, but they vote for the least evil. Trump has scored high on "most hated" polls consistently throughout the campaign. And because the "not Trump" vote is split, he's likely to win.

I don't blame you Trumpites. You have as much right to pick your candidate as anyone. However, When Hillary is sworn in I will be saying I told you so. But I'm sure you won't give a **** about that either. Because middle finger. **** yeah. You showed those mother****ers.

Exactly why we need to abolish the first-past-the-post voting system.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/25/upshot/measuring-donald-trumps-supporters-for-intolerance.html?

They sure ask some weird questions in polls. I've gotten poll calls before... never been asked about things like this.

I've got to imagine that Trump will need to address this particular following of his, or try to distance himself from it.

Nearly 20 percent of Mr. Trump’s voters disagreed with Abraham Lincoln’s Emancipation Proclamation, which freed slaves in the Southern states during the Civil War. Only 5 percent of Mr. Rubio’s voters share this view.

The P.P.P. poll asked voters if they thought whites were a superior race. Most Republican primary voters in South Carolina — 78 percent — disagreed with this idea (10 percent agreed and 11 percent weren’t sure). But among Mr. Trump’s supporters, only 69 percent disagreed. Mr. Carson’s voters were the most opposed to the notion (99 percent), followed by Mr. Kasich and Mr. Cruz’s supporters at 92 and 89 percent. Mr. Rubio’s backers were close to the average level of disagreement (76 percent).

Data from Public Policy Polling show that a third of Mr. Trump’s backers in South Carolina support barring gays and lesbians from entering the country.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Oh in a single state, by that logic Cruz does best because he won Iowa.

He beat Trump by about 6000 votes in Iowa. The most Bible-thumping candidate in a state full of Bible-thumpers, and he only won by 6000 votes. Out of 186,000+ votes cast.
    A win only in the technical sense. If Cruz can't win bigger than that in Iowa, he can't win in the general election. Cruz is unelectable, IMO.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It seems like every day someone says or does something that makes me think that maybe a Trump win wouldn't be so bad after all... China will be mad and may stop selling us their cheap junk, the illegals will be mad and may go home, a bunch of libtard celebs will be mad and move to another country, ...

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Pretty sure there are more people comedicly pretending to be clansmen, than there are actual clansmen.

Found a better picture from the Nevada polling place. Notice anything? Think maybe we found Clayton Bigsby. :)

PQxGqS6.png

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Yeah, I read an article this morning that most of the klan stuff around trump is being put on by the #blacklivesmatter group.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Good rundown of Rubio’s electoral thinking—and its drawbacks

So what is Rubio waiting for? What is his campaign thinking?

Most likely, some version of this: Over the last few weeks, as Rubio has mostly ignored Trump and mostly attacked Ted Cruz, Cruz’s numbers have gone downward in the region where he absolutely has to win, the Southland, and Rubio’s have steadily improved. Rubio was able to sneak past Cruz in South Carolina, he’s pulled ahead of him in new polls from Georgia and Oklahoma, and he’s even pulled within few points in a new poll out of Cruz’s home state of Texas (though two others show a larger Cruz edge). As a result, it is suddenly possible that on Super Tuesday Rubio will win more delegates across the South than Cruz, which would put the Texas senator’s campaign on life support.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/25/o...t-is-marco-rubio-waiting-for.html?ref=opinion

Expecting Cruz and Rubio to go after each other tonight.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/cruz-rubio-prep-for-brutal-debate-night-219760

Also,

Net favorability ratings, Hispanic voters nationally:

Rubio + 8
    Cruz -5
    Trump -64

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/wapo-univision-poll-2016/en/?tid=a_inl

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It seems like every day someone says or does something that makes me think that maybe a Trump win wouldn't be so bad after all...

Not sure how serious you are, but I've found myself resigned to it. Kinda like I was with Obama. I kept thinking, "Maybe this will help race relations." Ooops.

I am a cynical optimist. The cynical part of me thinks a Trump presidency will be absolutely terrible - perhaps even one of the signs of the apocalypse. But the optimist part of me thinks that reality won't be NEARLY as bad as I can imagine it will be.

So there's that.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It seems like every day someone says or does something that makes me think that maybe a Trump win wouldn't be so bad after all... China will be mad and may stop selling us their cheap junk, the illegals will be mad and may go home, a bunch of libtard celebs will be mad and move to another country, ...
    Gee, when you put it like that....

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Not sure how serious you are, but I've found myself resigned to it. Kinda like I was with Obama. I kept thinking, "Maybe this will help race relations." Ooops.

I am a cynical optimist. The cynical part of me thinks a Trump presidency will be absolutely terrible - perhaps even one of the signs of the apocalypse. But the optimist part of me thinks that reality won't be NEARLY as bad as I can imagine it will be.

So there's that.

My wife and I had this exact conversation this morning. I'm hoping/assuming that he will at least be entertaining. I'm so naturally optimistic that there is even a part of me that thinks there is a possibility he will be so pragmatic instead of ideological that he could actually turn out to be good. I suppose there is a fine line between optimism and delusion though.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    You know,at first I thought Trump running was a joke and quite frankly, I wouldn't have even considered voting for him.
    But the more I read in this thread, the more convinced I am that Trump is not only a serious contender but WILL BE the next President of the USA.

Thank You GPIA7R! :patriot:
    Keep up the good work.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom