GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Funny how, just after 3 elections, the field has pretty much dwindled down to 3 competitors (the other two guys are hoping for a VP nod and/or book deals). And in actuality, there's just one with 2 guys nipping at his heels. I'd say after Super Tuesday, we'll be down to Trump, probably Rubio, and maybe Cruz.

It's looking, more and more, that folks are coalescing around Trump because they are mad (which I can sympathize) and now because they think he's going to win...This part is frustrating. At least the folks that are mad are picking a guy that scratches that particular itch. We had a chance this year, to pick a couple of guys that are the most constitutional and/or Liberty minded in a long time. And it's looking like we're goint to pick the republican version of Barak Obama.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I'm not so sure Trump could win the general election anyways. Looks like the she beast is due to get the Democratic nomination.

Four to eight years of Hillary. Say goodbye to national security after the nation's worst intelligence leak is elected to office.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Full Disclosure: It's Hohman in the WaPo, but he has a point

"-- Cruz failed to carry a single county, including here in the deeply-religious Upstate, which should be tailor-made for someone with his profile. As National Review executive editor Rich Lowry put it, “If tonight is any indication of his strength versus Trump, how is Cruz going to win any March 1 state besides Texas?”

"-- While Rubio got his groove back after the fifth-place finish in New Hampshire and benefits from Bush being out, it’s not at all clear which will be the first state he actually wins. Remember only a few weeks ago top people linked to his campaign were saying they could win South Carolina outright."

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Texas is Cruz 34.0 Trump 27.3 Rubio 9.7 (RCP average, no polls newer than 1/26)

Florida is Trump 40.0 Cruz 19.0 Rubio 13.7 (RCP average, no polls newer than 1/21)

Both Trump and Cruz beating Rubio in his home state. Done. If Trump can close with Cruz in Texas its all over

I was looking at the math earlier today, too, and I think that's about right. I'm kinda hoping Kasich gets some traction.

But, that's about all I have left.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Cruz's communication guy apologizes to Rubio for spreading unconfirmed story yesterday:

https://www.facebook.com/rickwtyler/posts/1120249004674327

This is the same guy that defended the photoshop earlier in the week. Notably, he left his sharing of this inaccurate story up all day, where it accumulated many shares. I doubt he feels much remorse that his apology will not reach most of those people that believe it to be true.

I want to apologize to Senator Marco Rubio for posting an inaccurate story about him here earlier today. The story showed a video of the Senator walking past a Ted Cruz staffer seated in the lobby of a hotel reading his Bible. The story misquoted a remark the Senator made to the staffer. I assumed wrongly that the story was correct. According to the Cruz staffer, the Senator made a friendly and appropriate remark. Since the audio was unclear, I should not have assumed the story was correct. I've deleted the post because I would not knowingly post a false story. But the fact remains that I did post it when I should have checked its accuracy first. I regret the mistake.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sounds like a threat against wrongthink... or political dissent. Definitely a trait of an excellent president

Donald Trump said:
    I hear the Rickets family, who own the Chicago Cubs, are secretly spending $'s against me. They better be careful, they have a lot to hide!

Couple counter-pieces to the new circlejerk thread that had to be created for some reason, because 'you aren't smart enough to understand why Trump is amazing.'

Why Donald Trump Can’t Win The White House

Why This Republican Won't Vote for Trump in November

A Vote for Trump is a Vote for Democrats. Go Third Party if He?s the Nominee. | The Resurgent

I Will Not Vote For Donald Trump. Ever. | The Resurgent

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Here's an interesting question... he says he's self-funding his campaign right? (Even though he does have a campaign that takes donations, including from Berkshire Hathaway.) How do we know he isn't receiving money from outside sources - ostensibly "vendors" for his companies.

This occurred to me when I was considering his emphasis on building a wall. He's a real estate guy. Of course he knows that the land where this wall will go will go up in value. And, that wall will need to be built by contractors? Do we really think he hasn't already thought of the business propositions involved, and talked with his BFFs about it? He's all about closing the deal and profiting, why would this be any different?

Do we really have clarity on where his money is coming from?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I never saw a list of how much money the candidates spent in South Carolina. As I recall, in NH, Trump really didn't spend much money compared to the others.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    "I hear the Rickets family, who own the Chicago Cubs, are secretly spending $'s against me. They better be careful, they have a lot to hide!" - Trump

Yea there was a time I'd have thought saying something like this would hurt your chances being nominated.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    From Miguel's crystal ball...

Cruz will drop out in March, leaving Trump and Rubio to duke it out.

When Cruz bails, Trump will promise a SC seat to Cruz for staying neutral on Trump going forward and/or attacking Rubio going forward, but it won't be made public for fear of firing up the jackass party base and nudging the Senate to confirm anyone Stink-O-Pants may nominate before the election.

Hillary will win the jackass party's nomination, but will stroke out during the last debate, leaving Trump to run against a last minute candidate who will have no hope of carrying even the purple states.

Also sprach Miguel...

crystal_ball.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Each new poll, except Texas, shows Trump leading at 3x+ the MOE. Looks like Kasich is actually hanging in. Dr. Carson needs to accept that "there's nothing more that can be done" in his campaign.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It won't matter. Godwin's Law notwithstanding, if Trump started campaigning with a Final Solution to America's problems, he'd still be +20 in the polls. Heck, it might help him. Especially if it involved anti-Muslim words.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom