GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Right now everybody is just hoping to have a seat when the music stops. When it gets down to a two or three man race it will get down to specifics

Another aspect of note is, it's nothing new. Look up the rhetoric between Jefferson and Adams. This has gone on as long as we've had elections.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    These Cruz campaign attacks are really, really dumb.

Now they're going after Rubio's campaign for having a staffer that backs marriage equality.

.... Completely ignoring that the Cruz camp has staffers that feel the same way.

Cruz Campaign, Which Is Attacking Rubio, Has Advisers Who Back Marriage Equality, Too

Just push Carson and Kasich, they're the only 2 people who are consistent enough with how you feel candidates should be campaigning. I've seen plenty of polls where Kasich beats the hildabeast, he's perfectly electable.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, Kasich is a guy I want to like, a candidate I *should* like... but he just isn't a leader. He's the right substance in the wrong package... or something like that.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The Party Is Deciding On Rubio | FiveThirtyEight

Oooh. Better run out and vote for this guy.

"If Rubio can coalesce the anti-Trump vote and get to a one-on-one with Trump, Rubio may be able to come out on top. These endorsements could be a signal to anti-Trump voters to rally around Rubio. They may also be a signal to Bush and Kasich to clear the way, that Rubio is Republican elites’ best chance to stop Trump."

Because after all, stopping Trump is more important than defeating Hitlery or Let-it-Bernie

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The Elephant in the Room | The Weekly Standard

A bit of a rant but a good read IMO. Want to sway a Trump supporter toward a different candidate? Acknowledge that in some areas Trump has a point and speak to the issues raised. Don't be afraid to bite the hand of your supposed masters (looking at you SuperMarcio)

I know you're talking about the other candidates and pundits, but as an individual voter, I do try to admit when Trump has a point. I've defended him when I think the attacks are dishonest, and I've condemned him when I think the attacks are honest. There have been many unfair attacks on him by people who believe it's more important to destroy his candidacy by any means than to win with a truthful argument. For example, showing all the Democratic candidates he's donated to without also showing his donations to Republicans. That's obviously dishonest. And tends to make me lose respect for those who do it. I think there are plenty of reasons to put Trump near the bottom of my list. I don't need to make up false **** to convince me he's not the right guy for the job. But frankly, in this race there are no "right guys" left. So I'll be choosing the least wrong when it's time for me to choose from whomever is left.

Between him and Rubio I think it's a tight race for "wrong". Rubio has shown himself to think like a totalitarian little *****. I really don't want anymore of that **** in the white house. But Trump isn't any better. I need more to make me support him than his empty promises to "make America great again", or building that stupid ****ing wall. Ben Shapiro said, "Trump is a hammer. Sometimes he hits nails. Sometimes he hits puppies." He's just swinging the hammer strategically to hit the constituency he can be most successful with. He hits quite a few nails with me. But I am most certain that he's just trying to close the deal. When he has the power of the POTUS, will he actually make America great again? Why should I believe he will?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    ┳┻|
    ┻┳|
    ┳┻|
    ┻┳|
    ┳┻|
    ┻┳|
    ┳┻|
    ┻┳|
    ┳┻|
    ┻┳|
    ┳┻|
    ┻┳|
    ┳┻|
    ┻┳|
    ┳┻|
    ┻┳|
    ┳┻| _
    ┻┳| •_•) build a wall
    ┳┻|⊂ノ make Mexico pay for it
    ┻┳|

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I know you're talking about the other candidates and pundits, but as an individual voter, I do try to admit when Trump has a point. I've defended him when I think the attacks are dishonest, and I've condemned him when I think the attacks are honest. There have been many unfair attacks on him by people who believe it's more important to destroy his candidacy by any means than to win with a truthful argument. For example, showing all the Democratic candidates he's donated to without also showing his donations to Republicans. That's obviously dishonest. And tends to make me lose respect for those who do it. I think there are plenty of reasons to put Trump near the bottom of my list. I don't need to make up false **** to convince me he's not the right guy for the job. But frankly, in this race there are no "right guys" left. So I'll be choosing the least wrong when it's time for me to choose from whomever is left.

Between him and Rubio I think it's a tight race for "wrong". Rubio has shown himself to think like a totalitarian little *****. I really don't want anymore of that **** in the white house. But Trump isn't any better. I need more to make me support him than his empty promises to "make America great again", or building that stupid ****ing wall. Ben Shapiro said, "Trump is a hammer. Sometimes he hits nails. Sometimes he hits puppies." He's just swinging the hammer strategically to hit the constituency he can be most successful with. He hits quite a few nails with me. But I am most certain that he's just trying to close the deal. When he has the power of the POTUS, will he actually make America great again? Why should I believe he will?

+1 jamil. To be honest I have enormous doubts about him, too. Best case for me would be if someone with real POTUS potential would take on the mantle of some of Trump's better argument's (no, not the ****ing wall). But I'm finding the pickings pretty slim in the remaining field. I think if we let up and back an (the?) establishment candidate we will be right back to business as usual, with the emphasis on 'business'. I think this may be analagous to the so-called 'Libertarian moment' in that we have a narrow window to force real change. I'm afraid that forcing that real, fundamental change may require an actual president Trump. I'm hoping when the field narrows and we get down to some specifics a better contender will emerge. i continue to believe our Yuuuuge debt is among the most existential threats and that it will require a combination of higher taxes and less spending to make a serious dent in the problem. I have yet to hear any contender go there, but it's early yet and I know why they will put that off as long as possible. I would not want to place my hope on ammending the constitution in order to make us get our house in order. Nor would I hold out much hope for the establishment candidate slipping the leash (after all, that's what makes him the establishment candidate) and getting the peoples business done.

I just don't want to be sitting here in four years listening to some tool opining how if we re-elect him for four more years, this time he'll really fix the problems. Too much 'Ground Hog Day' in that.

One of the things currently bothering me the most is the leading candidates positions on the Apple/FBI go-round. I will note that Trump mentioned that the phone was actually government owned (provided to Farook by his employer). This should lower one's expectation of privacy, but I would not imagine Rand Paul jumping on this bandwagon

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Someone should make a SC/Nev thread.

Apparently Precinct 10 in Nevada was tied: Clinton won after a supporter pulled the highest card from a deck of cards

Rubio campaign now claims "false and disturbing anonymous calls" last evening saying Rubio leaving the race -- they blame the Cruz campaign.

If true, Cruz is starting to rub me the wrong way. There's politics, and then there's general ****tiness.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    guPHBDg.jpg

Expect some drop-outs over the next few days.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom