Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Rhetorical question, I know... but I'll bite.

Some say a vote against Trump is a vote for Hillary. Others say a vote for Trump is a vote for Hillary... two sides of same coin, etc.

Why would I just lie down and accept that as the outcome? There's a lot of politics to take place before we get to the General, and I'll continue to discuss them here (and inform).

Why wouldn't I be interested in how the rest of you vote? It affects me, too. If I can find a video of Donald Trump eating live kittens in front of an orphanage... and you wouldn't see it unless I posted it... maybe it would help to sway someone's decision?

And in more realistic examples... if I can inform INGO members that Cruz just fired his comms dude... and that Rubio/Cruz are having private discussions shortly prior to that happening... I'd say that's useful information for people to use as they wish.

Short answer: I'm not conceding that it's Trump v Clinton. And I post links and discuss politics, it's what I do.

Nope. That's not gonna do it. I think Trump is pretty much good to go on anything he says or does, except, perhaps, if he stopped [STRIKE]"telling it like it is"[/STRIKE] saying what people want to hear.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Rhetorical question, I know... but I'll bite.

Some say a vote against Trump is a vote for Hillary. Others say a vote for Trump is a vote for Hillary... two sides of same coin, etc.

Why would I just lie down and accept that as the outcome? There's a lot of politics to take place before we get to the General, and I'll continue to discuss them here (and inform).

Why wouldn't I be interested in how the rest of you vote? It affects me, too. If I can find a video of Donald Trump eating live kittens in front of an orphanage... and you wouldn't see it unless I posted it... maybe it would help to sway someone's decision?

And in more realistic examples... if I can inform INGO members that Cruz just fired his comms dude... and that Rubio/Cruz are having private discussions shortly prior to that happening... I'd say that's useful information for people to use as they wish.

Short answer: I'm not conceding that it's Trump v Clinton. And I post links and discuss politics, it's what I do.

When I see something NOW from Trump that shows he supports the views he had 15-20 years ago and intents to implement those views, I will change my support in a heart beat. Until then, rehashing the past and making up "What If" arguments isn't going to sway me. Cold hard facts or bust.

I'm willing to give leniency on gaffs or screw ups because he isn't a career politician like everyone else he's running against, things happen. But cold hard proof that he wants to burn the constitution, take away guns, or send us into another Iraq... And yeah, that's it for me.

If you're not with me, then you're against me...

False dilemma.

Your child needs medicine to live, he's going to die without the medicine. The medicine will be delivered by a sadistic nutcase, they're the only one with the medicine, but your child will be allowed to live because of it.

Are you going to refuse the medicine because you dislike the person who's going to give your child the medicine?

Regardless what happens, we have to vote for a republican, this is an apocalyptic election. A failure to vote republican this year is support for the desolation of our country and your children's' futures.

I hate using analogies, but this is one case where it's the stone cold truth. You can sit at home and pull the plug for life support, or you can vote and provide a chance to live. Don't think it's that serious? Then you're probably too clueless about what's going on.

If hillary is allowed to take office, you will be lucky if you can buy a bolt action airsoft toy. Just remember what her husband did to us.

Last edited:

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    When I see something NOW from Trump that shows he supports the views he had 15-20 years ago and intents to implement those views, I will change my support in a heart beat. Until then, rehashing the past and making up "What If" arguments isn't going to sway me. Cold hard facts or bust.

I'm willing to give leniency on gaffs or screw ups because he isn't a career politician like everyone else he's running against, things happen. But cold hard proof that he wants to burn the constitution, take away guns, or send us into another Iraq... And yeah, that's it for me.

Your child needs medicine to live, he's going to die without the medicine. The medicine will be delivered by a sadistic nutcase, they're the only one with the medicine, but your child will be allowed to live because of it.

Are you going to refuse the medicine because you dislike the person who's going to give your child the medicine?

Regardless what happens, we have to vote for a republican, this is an apocalyptic election. A failure to vote republican this year is support for the desolation of our country and your children's' futures.

I hate using analogies, but this is one case where it's the stone cold truth. You can sit at home and pull the plug for life support, or you can vote and provide a chance to live. Don't think it's that serious? Then you're probably too clueless about what's going on.

If hillary is allowed to take office, you will be lucky if you can buy a bolt action airsoft toy. Just remember what her husband did to us.

Weird I heard the exact same thing last election and the election before that. Donald and Hilary may spew different rhetoric but make no mistake they're on the same team. The team of whatever it takes to get ME elected and the rest be damned.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    attachment.php

Hmm... Very high correlation of "establishment candidates" vs. heavy spending to vote ratio.

Edit:
    -Non-establishment: $13.8M/72% of the vote = $0.19M/% of the vote
    -Establishment: $113.6M/26% of the vote = $4.37M/% of the vote

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Hmm... Very high correlation of "establishment candidates" with high spending vs. votes received.

Are political operatives REALLY still in denial about the country NOT wanting anything to do with the business as usual washington crowd?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Weird I heard the exact same thing last election and the election before that. Donald and Hilary may spew different rhetoric but make no mistake they're on the same team. The team of whatever it takes to get ME elected and the rest be damned.

To get elected? So you only care about the election, you don't have the first concern about what happens when they get in office?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Apologies, Expat. Upon rereading I see you were looking for just SC numbers, that chart is cumulative. My bad

It does show that Trump and Cruz are pretty efficient vote-getting machines

ETA: Off on chart date, too. Up to date as of Jan 20, not Jan 26. D'oh

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Oh hell no.
    There's a bunch of guys on here that say they're going to sit on their hands and stay home. It's weird.
    I just want to keep my guns and shoot them if I want. Pretty simple.

Then we're on the same page! But... both candidates in this hypothetical supported AWB?

Tombs said:

We agree, then. But in this hypothetical, there are no Republicans to vote for, outside of some of the libertarian candidates maybe.

The "... and Trump is that Republican!" garbage doesn't fly. This isn't a lesser of two evils situation, "pick the guy on our side" thing. There is no candidate in this Trump v Clinton hypothetical that is a Republican, or on our side. Hence, the fraud.

Last edited:

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    To get elected? So you only care about the election, you don't have the first concern about what happens when they get in office?

There won't be much difference between a Hilary and Trump presidency, the same way Obama wasn't that different from Bush who wasn't that different from Clinton. They're all steering the car I the same general direction. At least someone like Cruz or Bernie will actually change course .

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    There won't be much difference between a Hilary and Trump presidency, the same way Obama wasn't that different from Bush who wasn't that different from Clinton. They're all steering the car I the same general direction. At least someone like Cruz or Bernie will actually change course .

I'm not completely sure there won't be a difference with Trump in the White House. And that's actually something that's "somewhat" attractive, while at the same time scary, about him.

Last edited:

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm not completely sure there won't be a difference with Trump in the White House. And that's actually something that's "somewhat" attractive, white at the same time scary, about him.

You're right, I have trouble imagining what a Trump presidency might actually look like.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I'm not completely sure there won't be a difference with Trump in the White House. And that's actually something that's "somewhat" attractive, white at the same time scary, about him.
    I have a feeling he'd throw a lot of curve balls at the establishment. I don't think he'll fix anything, but he might just break enough to allow change in subsequent elections. He's a wild card. Just his rhetoric would lead to huge shifts in foreign policy. Better or worse? No idea.

I'm still hoping for Cruz. Rubio wouldn't be bad, but I don't think he'll be a game changer. A way to get a politically favorable four years to regroup around a better candidate next time maybe.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Then we're on the same page! But... both candidates in this hypothetical supported AWB?

We agree, then. But in this hypothetical, there are no Republicans to vote for, outside of some of the libertarian candidates maybe.

The "... and Trump is that Republican!" garbage doesn't fly. This isn't a lesser of two evils situation, "pick the guy on our side" thing. There is no candidate in this Trump v Clinton hypothetical that is a Republican, or on our side. Hence, the fraud.

Show me in Trump's official policy papers where he plans an AWB? If you can't, then you should apologize for lying.

Clinton's official policy papers include lots of gun control.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Bernie is already in bed with Sharpton, there will be no change in course from where Obama has steered us.

Just more race baiting nonsense. Oh and your tax dollars going into slavery reparations, as Bernie has outlined in his official policy.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I have a feeling he'd throw a lot of curve balls at the establishment. I don't think he'll fix anything, but he might just break enough to allow change in subsequent elections. He's a wild card. Just his rhetoric would lead to huge shifts in foreign policy. Better or worse? No idea.

I'm still hoping for Cruz. Rubio wouldn't be bad, but I don't think he'll be a game changer. A way to get a politically favorable four years to regroup around a better candidate next time maybe.

Truth be told, Trump winning the presidency might be the "reset" catalyst our nation needs to re-evaluate who we are. Which IMO is preferable to the other "reset" which deals with the subject we aren't allowed to talk about. Sometimes you have to take someone to the brink of death before you can save them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom