• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Having your own charger at home solves the vast majority of these charging issues.
    So the this boondoggle is for the rich? Those that can afford to have their own homes? This leaves out the majority of renters in the country.

A friend was recently assigned an EV as their sales vehicle. I asked if they issued a charger? No. I then asked if they had chargers at the office? No. He has to find public chargers to travel for work. Ridiculous!

If I had a bar I would put ten or twenty chargers in, charge a high price for charging, and offer happy hour cheap drinks to customers charging. They put my expensive charging on their company card while swilling my cheap drinks…. :lmfao:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    They are already limiting your charging abilities. Imagine if there were a % or 2 more EV’s on the road! Can you say cluster f
    So one of the biggest issues is range and they now are going to exacerbate the problem by not letting people charge to full.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    So the this boondoggle is for the rich? Those that can afford to have their own homes? This leaves out the majority of renters in the country.
    If you mean owning one, no. There is no boondoggle. I am giving my perspective from actually owning one. I'll leave the political side of it to you.
    A friend was recently assigned an EV as their sales vehicle. I asked if they issued a charger? No. I then asked if they had chargers at the office? No. He has to find public chargers to travel for work. Ridiculous!
    That is stupid.
    If I had a bar I would put ten or twenty chargers in, charge a high price for charging, and offer happy hour cheap drinks to customers charging. They put my expensive charging on their company card while swilling my cheap drinks…. :lmfao:
    And you'd be sued the first time one of them was in an accident.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

And send them on their way after they're drunk from drinking your cheap drinks and waiting on their car to charge? Um...

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So you're saying that customer’s have no responsibility themselves? That they need babysitters?
    Do you not know any alcoholics? I fully support laws prohibiting servers from serving visibly impaired customers more alcohol. Would you think it cool if the local bar kept feeding drinks, to run up the tab, to your friend that had too much alcohol and was no longer capable of rational decisions? The business of serving mind altering substances in public comes with as much responsibility as that of the imbiber.

I ask again, bars and servers “should” be serving visibly impaired customers?

Top Bottom