• ...and so much more!
  • oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    First off I believe that EV’s should pay for road use taxes and support the EV tax. You don’t? Indiana passed just that tax last year. I also believe ICE should pay for their road use and gas taxes are an appropriate way of getting that money, but EV’s must have their portion collected differently.

Agree that EV owners should pay their fair share of taxes to maintain roads, etc. Whatever that is.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Like a fart in the wind, $1.9 BILLION gone…

Was just coming here to post that report.

Also from the WSJ:

"Ford has said its EV business is on pace to lose about $5 billion this year"

Perhaps auto manufacturers would do better to listen to what the market demands than listen to a bunch of **** sucking politicians hell-bent on ******* away property confiscated from American taxpayers.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I think this the U759 program. It was pushed from 2021 to 2024. Then recently they announced another push to 2027. Seems like now it's officially being cancelled.

We built several molds for a customer who was to supply parts to Ford. Ford was really bending them over on payment. For some reason, when they 'delay' a program, they can delay payment. But when they cancel, they have to pay up.

Glad our customer will finally see some $$$ come in for the millions of dollars they've already shelled out.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

I don't see an end to this as just plugging in inflation will make the 30K number hard to achieve. Pouring in government subsidies really isn't producing a relevant number either.

After seeing the various videos of battery fires, I'm not sure I would want a vehicle that was pushed to meet a low cost abstract number.

I remember Ford purchasing saying we are paying $35 for tires leading to all the issues with the Explorer.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't see an end to this as just plugging in inflation will make the 30K number hard to achieve. Pouring in government subsidies really isn't producing a relevant number either.

After seeing the various videos of battery fires, I'm not sure I would want a vehicle that was pushed to meet a low cost abstract number.

I remember Ford purchasing saying we are paying $35 for tires leading to all the issues with the Explorer.
    GM has pretty much given up on the small car market as they couldn’t find a way to be competitive and profitable. I wonder why they think now they can do that with cheap EVs?

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Just so you know gas powered cars also explode into flame while sitting in parking lots. This is all normal.

A fire broke out at a parking lot at Rivian Automotive’s manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois late on Saturday damaging many of its electric vehicles, the U.S. startup said on Sunday.There were no reports of injuries and the cause of the fire was being investigated, a company spokesperson told Reuters.

The fire was at a parking lot on the north side of the four-million-square-foot factory, located 130 miles (209 km) south of Chicago, and the assembly plant was unaffected, the Normal Fire Department said in a statement to Reuters. Rivian did not confirm the number and type of vehicles affected.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    No, I did not dig into it to see if it were actually true. Just something I can see coming down the road though. No pun intended.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    No, I did not dig into it to see if it were actually true. Just something I can see coming down the road though. No pun intended.

Just a little late to the party, but there may still be a cupcake left…. :lmfao:

Top Bottom