0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus

rhslover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012

Is CNET a neutral enough source for you?
    One state, plus 11 with "plans." Tell me, can you not go buy a gas guzzling 5.0 mustang or a F350 gasser and drive it to your wallets limit? Yeah, quit crying over an imagined issue. You'll be able to drive gas until you croak.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    One stare, plus 11 with "plans." Tell me, can you not go buy a gas guzzling 5.0 mustang or a F350 gasser and drive it to your wallets limit? Yeah, quit crying over an imagined issue. You'll be able to drive gas until you croak.
    So, if the gov says they're gonna do something, we have to wait for them to do something?

I guess we should vote for an anti gunner then.
    Because he has only said he'd ban guns.

rhslover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    So, if the gov says they're gonna do something, we have to wait for them to do something?

I guess we should vote for an anti gunner then.
    Because he has only said he'd ban guns.
    I'm saying take a look at the world as it is. There's a zillion gas cars, and there will be for decades to come. Zero states have banned anything right now. Y'all are getting your panties in a bunch over done noise on Fox News. Reality is that you can go on doing what you're doing now and for a long time in the future.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    One stare, plus 11 with "plans." Tell me, can you not go buy a gas guzzling 5.0 mustang or a F350 gasser and drive it to your wallets limit? Yeah, quit crying over an imagined issue. You'll be able to drive gas until you croak.
    Tell me with a straight face the feds and CA aren't trying to force the market to EVs...

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I'm saying take a look at the world as it is. There's a zillion gas cars, and there will be for decades to come. Zero states have banned anything right now. Y'all are getting your panties in a bunch over done noise on Fox News. Reality is that you can go on doing what you're doing now and for a long time in the future.
    Sure.

Just like "You can keep your doctor".

Riiight.

rhslover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Tell me with a straight face the feds and CA aren't trying to force the market to EVs...
    Are they? Seems like if they were there'd be a lot more out there and there would be some actual forcing going on. Or..... now hear me out... some folks just want something to gripe about. Real or imagined.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    don-quixote-charging-windmills-2-1080x665.png

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I think we all get that what people say they will do, what they actually want to do, and what they can actually get accomplished are a Venn diagram at best. Trying to get all the horses to pull the same direction will never happen in any bureaucracy, let alone a group of elected officials.

Obviously some people would ban guns and some would pass them out for free at the church bake sale. Some people would put an armed DMZ between us and Mexico, some would tear down the checkpoints all together. Some would legalize every drug and others would make marijuana possession death penalty eligible. Especially in the days of the internet, you can *always* find someone taking the extreme position on any topic and then use that as "them" for your arguments. Yet, we're pretty much always in the middle because the constraints of reality prohibit it.

I still figure everyone reading this will be nothing but a name chiseled in rock by the time ICE vehicles aren't on US roadways any longer. Of all the things to run around the table about, this is pretty low on the totem pole. All the mandated self driving/onboard computer deciding tech is significantly more impactful than ICE vs EV, yet any time it's brought up it's a dead topic despite *actually being legislated*.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I still figure everyone reading this will be nothing but a name chiseled in rock by the time ICE vehicles aren't on US roadways any longer.
    Mines already in stone.

Self designed for my wife. I proposed at the Eiffel Tower in 1993 and she as a space planner/designer loved all things art deco & Frank Lloyd Wright, hence the art deco font and border is in his style.
    1716925486752.png

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I still figure everyone reading this will be nothing but a name chiseled in rock by the time ICE vehicles aren't on US roadways any longer.
    Nice strawman! Nobody has said that. And to be clear there will never be a law that you cannot buy a ICE. They will continue in the quest to squeeze manufacturers so they cannot build them while simultaneously increasing restrictions on emissions testing until ICE will not be able to be driven.

They are incrementally implementing this now in many states and it will be foisted on red states via the federal highway funding like they usually do to force independent minded states to do their bidding…

Of all the things to run around the table about, this is pretty low on the totem pole. All the mandated self driving/onboard computer deciding tech is significantly more impactful than ICE vs EV, yet any time it's brought up it's a dead topic despite *actually being legislated*.
    I believe many here are concerned about this tech…

Top Bottom