• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Presumably a red state would not ban ice vehicles. As it stands now. But, if a red state would have mask mandates, close schools, and require vax cards, are they really that far from blue? If GOP congress critters got "lobbied" enough, would they flip?
    All the Feds have to do is threaten to withhold fed money if the red state(s) don’t comply and the republicans will wilt pretty quickly.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    All the Feds have to do is threaten to withhold fed money if the red state(s) don’t comply and the republicans will wilt pretty quickly.
    Or, Michigan unilaterally bans manufacture of ICE vehicles. There's a lot of gas/diesel cars made in Michigan. Would the big 3 move to friendlier states?

Hell Ford Motor Company defended Biden's tailpipe emission standards.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Or, Michigan unilaterally bans manufacture of ICE vehicles. There's a lot of gas/diesel cars made in Michigan. Would the big 3 move to friendlier states?

Hell Ford Motor Company defended Biden's tailpipe emission standards.
    For those that may not know: Quite a few of GM’s ICE products are already made outside of Michigan. If this were to happen, I imagine Ft Wayne, Arlington, (the old) Saturn plant, among others would see HUGE investments if they did that. The Duramax plant is in the process of quadrupling in size at this moment.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    But, I think it's kinda silly to hate vehicle technology just because you believe that TPTB are trying to replace more traditional technologies you like. I think I made that point a long time ago in this thread. There's nothing wrong with people owning and liking EV's. Their existence isn't a threat to ICE. Political ideologues are the threat to ICE. And Mike and others have a legitimate complaint about them.
    I don’t hate EV’s. I hate my tax dollars infringing on the open market and interfering in the freedom of manufacturers to build the vehicles most consumers want. Apparently the fact that EV technology predates ICE by decades and the public has never bought into the EV technology…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's fair. Also seems a bit dismissive of the EV hate in the thread. Anyone posts something they like about EV's there's an army of haters ready to argue. Let's say it's noticeable.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That's fair. Also seems a bit dismissive of the EV hate in the thread. Anyone posts something they like about EV's there's an army of haters ready to argue. Let's say it's noticeable.
    I do consider the EV proponents to be enablers. They rarely if ever acknowledge the tax dollars being used to push this or the restrictions they placed ICE to boost them…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There's always a way to "other" people.

My take on it is that, though I would not say that I'm a proponent. I think EV is a cool technology and I think it's a shame that they've been politicized by both sides. I'd rather they weren't subsidized. If they're not viable as a product without subsidies then I say too bad. Subsidized or not, they just don't fit any of my uses. Maybe if I commuted to an office every day I might think about it.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I think a small commuter car with about a 50 mph top speed and 80 mile range that charged overnight on a standard outlet would be something I'd consider.
    That is, unless the ICE drivers hated them and ran them off the road like they do bicycles.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Dude, no one is making anyone but an EV. That's the facts. Y'all need to quit crying over made up problems.
    You may want to look into the Advanced Clean Fleet And Advanced Clean Truck rules. They absolutely include mandates that commercial truck fleets must buy electric trucks.
    The Advanced Clean Fleets (ACF) Regulation is the latest development in CARB’s decades‑long history of setting increasingly stringent emission standards for mobile sources that are needed to protect the public health and welfare of Californians. The ACF Regulation requires fleets that are well suited for electrification to reduce emissions through requirements to both phase-in the use of Zero-Emission Vehicles (ZEVs) for targeted fleets and requirements that manufacturers only manufacture ZEV trucks starting in the 2036 model year.
    Beginning January 1, 2024, only zero-emission drayage trucks may register in the CARB Online System.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    1) Which States?
    2) Which of those States do you live in?
    3) Which of those States that you live in have a date for implementation before your actuarial irrelevance?
    why is it irrelevant to state it is happening?
    why is it irrelevant if I am not in that State?

I made a statement, that has already been backed up in already provided links.
    Instead of disproving those statements, you come up with the irrelevant statements.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    I believe New Mexico is onboard with this but not in the list of 11?
    Our idiot .gov is pushing for 82 percent of sales to be E.V. by 2032, ironically long after she is out of office. However, the next one or two will be onboard with this as well. The car dealers are already crying saying people will just go to Texas to buy their ICE cars. It’s not forced on you, just limits the number each dealer can sell as a percentage of their E.V. sales, so maybe just none available to purchase. https://www.env.nm.gov/transportation/

Confidence inspiring, to say the least. I believe we had the LONGEST running lockdowns in the nation, along with trying to ban the carry of ALL firearms in Bernalillo County as a health order. As you may recall….

From the above link:
    “After helping businesses keep employees safe during the COVID-19 pandemic and drafting the ozone precursor rule, NMED is ready to clean up emissions from passenger vehicles. “

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Rebuttal? Didn't know a rebuttal was required or requested.
    We are doing High School Debate Club?
    Tell me where "Legitimate Complaint" fits into that paradigm?
    To whom are you replying? There's a reason why there's a "Reply" link at the bottom right of posts. It quotes the post to which you're replying. We're not privy to the thoughts in your mind.

Edit: I see you found it! :thumbsup:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Rebuttal? Didn't know a rebuttal was required or requested.
    We are doing High School Debate Club?
    Tell me where "Legitimate Complaint" fits into that paradigm?

Well, you made a statement. People disagreed. Then you disagreed with their disagreement. It's not a high school debate. "Rebuttal" is what you call that. It's people arguing on the internet about ideas. But then, you post this as if you're not doing that.

If someone complains about something, and then you dismiss their complaints by making points that de-legitimize their complaints, it's fair for someone to disagree with you with points about why their complaint was legit.

Percolater

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    My secondary ECU looks to have a critical error even though Tesla vision looks intact. Dilemma is to trust autopilot. My insurance cost should reflect my decision to use autopilot with increased risks at this time. Otherwise, Tesla needs to lockout use of autopilot when any risk <100% accuracy.IMG_4500.jpeg

Top Bottom