• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhslover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Hanging on to semantics. Pathetic…
    What's pathetic is getting all butthurt when you're out of real evidence. Semantics has bollucks to do with it. Y'all are pissing and moaning about something that hasn't effected you one tiny bit. It's like lemmings that watch Fox.

rhslover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    That's not what I asked. Do you believe them when they say that nobody wants to take your guns?
    Did you believe trump when he said mexico was going to pay for that wall, or that HRC was going to be locked up or that he'd ban muslims? I mean since you're so off topic, might as well see how gullible you were. I see the world as it is, not how Tucker or Hannity says I should.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    What's pathetic is getting all butthurt when you're out of real evidence. Semantics has bollucks to do with it. Y'all are pissing and moaning about something that hasn't effected you one tiny bit. It's like lemmings that watch Fox.
    What is pathetic is those that cannot see history and what is being done to this country and make assumptions about others they do not know. But you appear to be here to troll not discuss…

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Did you believe trump when he said mexico was going to pay for that wall, or that HRC was going to be locked up or that he'd ban muslims? I mean since you're so off topic, might as well see how gullible you were. I see the world as it is, not how Tucker or Hannity says I should.
    No, no, and no. And I don't watch Fox, or Tucker or Hannity. Talk about being off topic. So you don't believe there has been, and continues to be an effort to ban guns? I do. You don't believe there has been, and continues to be an effort to eliminate gas/diesel engines? You believe that since they haven't been completely successful yet, then we should ignore their efforts? All is well then, right Pollyanna?

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Plug-in hybrid update:
    Over the last 1000 miles, we got 70 MPG.
    Yet the Jeep GC hybrid I had for a few days in Denver didn't get much better mileage than it's ICE counterpart...
    Mines already in stone.

Self designed for my wife. I proposed at the Eiffel Tower in 1993 and she as a space planner/designer loved all things art deco & Frank Lloyd Wright, hence the art deco font and border is in his style.
    View attachment 355610
    Sharp! After my MILs unexpected passing before the age of 50, the wife and I bought plots. Our mack daddy, gloss black headstone was set last year.
    I know that I lost zero guns during any presidential term, republican or democrat. Zero. And that's a fact. Obama didn't take my guns, Biden didn't, Bush didn't, etc etc.
    Seriously?! Look at Illinois. Register your ARs or hand them over...

So, try that argument again...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Nice strawman! Nobody has said that. And to be clear there will never be a law that you cannot buy a ICE.

Well, you're an expert on them. Like adding "be a law" to the conversation when the post that started this whole thing was about not being forced to buy one and you immediately respond with this:

You are distorting the facts and are deceived by bias to say that. If ICE is gone there is no other option, one is forced to buy EV’s. We all heard this crap with the vaccines as well. The deluded are complicit in this.

After posting things like this:
    When the government and media conspire together I will push back, you went along and now defend them and yourself. No significant portion of the people want an EV. This has been proven several times over nearly 200 years. They have failed to interest the market at large once again even though they were the subject of a massive propaganda campaign and even more massive government subsidies throughout the entire process. They are very bad for the country if we are forced to buy them, and with the mandates out of DC we are on the way…

Trump Was Right — The EV ‘Bloodbath’ Is Already Here - Liberty Unyielding

By David Blackmon Ever since March 16, when presidential candidate Donald Trump created a controversy by predicting President Joe Biden’s efforts to force Americans to convert their lives to electric-vehicle (EV) lifestyles would end in a “bloodbath” for the U.S. auto industry, the industry’s...
    libertyunyielding.com
    Perhaps you understand our confusion on what is or isn't a strawman at this point on if you think we're being forced to buy them or not...

Now do your normal thing of deflecting or moving the goal posts. I'll wait.

rhslover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Yet the Jeep GC hybrid I had for a few days in Denver didn't get much better mileage than it's ICE counterpart...

Sharp! After my MILs unexpected passing before the age of 50, the wife and I bought plots. Our mack daddy, gloss black headstone was set last year.

Seriously?! Look at Illinois. Register your ARs or hand them over...

So, try that argument again...
    I said I lost zero guns. And neither has anyone in IL. Facts bub.

rhslover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    What is pathetic is those that cannot see history and what is being done to this country and make assumptions about others they do not know. But you appear to be here to troll not discuss…
    I presented facts, not noise and fear. You get offended by that. Well, sorry.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I said I lost zero guns. And neither has anyone in IL. Facts bub.
    But they can't buy or manufacture "assault weapons" as of January 1st.

"It's now illegal to sell or manufacture assault weapons in Illinois after a ban went into effect Jan. 1."

Yes, many residents aren't complying, but nonetheless, the sale and manufacture has been banned, just as California and other states are wanting to do with ICE cars and trucks. That's the point. No matter how much you want to stick your fingers in your ears and deny it, those are the facts, "bub".

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Well, you're an expert on them. Like adding "be a law" to the conversation when the post that started this whole thing was about not being forced to buy one and you immediately respond with this:

After posting things like this:

Perhaps you understand our confusion on what is or isn't a strawman at this point on if you think we're being forced to buy them or not...

Now do your normal thing of deflecting or moving the goal posts. I'll wait.
    There are links to article after article in this thread showing the government is using tax dollars to cram EV’s down the publics throat, now with carrots and threats of force. If ICE is eliminated as I said they are doing with ever higher CAFE and emissions standards then I guess I will get a water powered vehicle.

Just talked to the owner of several dealerships the EV’s are not moving and anyone that thinks this is good for auto workers is off their rocker. That is who the bloodbath is coming for. Did you even read the article or the just the headline and think you know it all? So in your world it is good for auto workers that Ford lost $132K per EV sold? That Hertz is dumping EV’s and lost $195 million on them? Not in mine…

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Multiple States have declared an end to ICE vehicle sales on a specified date.
    So.. if you're not planning on walking everywhere, that seems to be "making you buy an EV"
    1) Which States?
    2) Which of those States do you live in?
    3) Which of those States that you live in have a date for implementation before your actuarial irrelevance?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

It's true enough that people get kinda shook up about stuff without the stuff about which they're shook up being as evident as they feel it is. I kinda think you're not seeing everything either, or at least not acknowledging the points that are true.

While no one is being forced to buy an EV, policies enacted by climate extremists in government are making it harder to buy ICE vehicles. The Biden administration hyped up their toughest regulations ever earlier this spring. This will drive up the already inflated prices. It looks to honest observers that the purpose is indeed to drive manufacturers to make more EV's and fewer ICE vehicles by making the latter more expensive.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's a problem that when arguing for the most extreme position, the easier won position is abandoned by both sides. They don't argue for that which they have evidence, and you can safely sit on the "meh" side of the fence and not have to make any concessions.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It's a problem that when arguing for the most extreme position, the easier won position is abandoned by both sides. They don't argue for that which they have evidence, and you can safely sit on the "meh" side of the fence and not have to make any concessions.
    iu

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    It certainly seems to me someone here wants to do nothing but argue/show off their superior knowledge. I have been following this since the beginning and it has had a lot of good information but now is little more than an argument, hope it gets back on track. Jim.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Alright. Fair point. So for example. Remember the Kraken. People pushed their beliefs about wild claims with little evidence, and virtually abandoned talking about the things that were in plain sight that were easily proven. And then the people on the "meh" side of the fence could safely avoid having to address the more provable points.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    1) Which States?
    2) Which of those States do you live in?
    3) Which of those States that you live in have a date for implementation before your actuarial irrelevance?
    How is that a rebuttal? These are examples of state governments, all blue, which are doing exactly what he said. He happens to live in a red state at the moment, so it's not a problem for Indiana. It kinda goes to what BBI's said, where the Venn diagram has to get much tighter for it to be a national mandate.

Presumably a red state would not ban ice vehicles. As it stands now. But, if a red state would have mask mandates, close schools, and require vax cards, are they really that far from blue? If GOP congress critters got "lobbied" enough, would they flip?

I think it's a legitimate complaint, if not a little overstated. But, I think it's kinda silly to hate vehicle technology just because you believe that TPTB are trying to replace more traditional technologies you like. I think I made that point a long time ago in this thread. There's nothing wrong with people owning and liking EV's. Their existence isn't a threat to ICE. Political ideologues are the threat to ICE. And Mike and others have a legitimate complaint about them.

Top Bottom