• ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    DgOSOFFW0AEfJjh.jpg

The funny thing is that more people were deported under Obama than any other president.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    How many of these same deportee's were counted 2-3-5-10 times over and over by the Obama administration?

We do know that criminal ones that were deported come back.
    Some even KILL women and they let them go again. It's a good gig if you can get it.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    And here's the cave... breaking...

Trump administration will stop prosecuting migrant parents who cross the border illegally with children, official says

We'll see what it means after the clarification.

Edit: DOJ denies -

Sarah Isgur Flores said:
    The Washington Post never reached out to the Department. Their story is not accurate. There has been no change to the Department’s zero tolerance policy to prosecute adults who cross our border illegally instead of claiming asylum at any port of entry at the border.

https://twitter.com/SarahFloresDOJ/status/1009839871450669056

Last edited:

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    ...like why cross over countries that speak your language in favor of one that doesn't?

Totally agree with PaulF. Especially when those "cross over countries" then point the finger at us and accuse us of being cruel.

They don't stay in Mexico because Mexico does not exactly embrace them. In fact, illegal entry to Mexico is an automatic felony, punishable by up to 2 years in prison; and who wants to be in a Mexican prison? Mexico conveniently turns a blind eye to their illegal entry so they don't have to deal with them, and sends them merrily on their way (north).

Here's a piece of common sense legislation that would help the matter (too bad it's from the Mexican laws):

• Mexico welcomes only foreigners who will be useful to Mexican society. Immigration officials must “ensure” that “immigrants will be useful elements for the country and that they have the necessary funds for their sustenance” (Article 34). Furthermore, Article 37 says foreigners may be barred from the country if their presence upsets “the equilibrium of the national demographics.”
    • Mexican authorities must keep track of every single person in the country. Article 73 says federal, local and municipal police must cooperate with immigration authorities in assisting with the arrest of illegal immigrants.
    • Foreigners with fake papers, or who enter the country under false pretenses, may be imprisoned (Article 116).
    • Foreigners who fail to obey the rules will be fined, deported and/or imprisoned as felons (Article 117).
    • Illegal immigration is a felony (Articles 123, 125).

I bolded the whole text because it's all worth reading.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    The left views the right the same way. They see you as violent and hate filled.

Are you really like that? No, of course you're not. You're passionate, maybe sometimes engage in hostile rhetoric, but you certainly don't want a violent coup, you believe in democracy.

Just like you aren't like how they view you, they aren't like how you view them.

(I use the collective "you", not necessary directed at Ziggidy)

I agree; however, if made a comparison between the 2, I am confident the left’s list would greatly surpass the right’s. By an extreme amount that could not be disputed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

BOY, when this president caves, he folds up like a lawnchair on Sunday evening. It's now being reported that the the DoD is being told to be prepared to take in 20K (yes THREE zeros) kids (maybe adults also) at military bases. That's CRAZY. And I don't agree with that AT ALL.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If by "mess," you mean the immigration issues we are currently having, then yes, I would agree. The rest of your post, I disagree. I don't think the left is evil. I don't think they are any more prone to violence than the right, and I certainly don't think their end game is a violent coup.

Well, left, generally no. And right, generally no. Extremes? Yeah, they evil alright. And the extremes have taken over all the mics.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    BOY, when this president caves, he folds up like a lawnchair on Sunday evening. It's now being reported that the the DoD is being told to be prepared to take in 20K (yes THREE zeros) kids (maybe adults also) at military bases. That's CRAZY. And I don't agree with that AT ALL.

If true, I am not happy with that. You break the law, you don't get special treatment just because you're negligent enough to bring your kids. If you want asylum, go to a port of entry. No laws broken then, so no need to separate parents from kids.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County

I think it is great!

Think about it. The left really wants all these people set free (what they want all along). Now that Trump says ok, we'll keep them together, the left goes crazy again because he did what they asked, but they really wanted them set free.

Interesting. Let's see what the left cries about now.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I think it is great!

Think about it. The left really wants all these people set free (what they want all along). Now that Trump says ok, we'll keep them together, the left goes crazy again because he did what they asked, but they really wanted them set free.

Interesting. Let's see what the left cries about now.

It will be the inhumanity of the detention centers, allegations of abuse will start shortly.

I'm curious, does anybody have any links to anything that explains exactly what the process really is in all this? Sorry if it has been previously posted and I missed it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It will be the inhumanity of the detention centers, allegations of abuse will start shortly.

I'm curious, does anybody have any links to anything that explains exactly what the process really is in all this? Sorry if it has been previously posted and I missed it.

Illegal crosses the border with child. Since they have committed a crime, they are taken into custody and held for trial. The child is then taken, and placed in a separate facility until the case is settled. Because the child is separated from the parent, they are considered "unaccompanied." Due to that odd labeling, they can be sent to facilities anywhere in the nation. For instance, there are instances of children taken at the southern border being sent to facilities in New York state. During that time the parents have little, if any contact with their children, and are not allowed certain parental rights, such as permission to medicate. Many parent have no idea where their children have been sent to. I saw a story the other day about a group of lawyers trying to find literally hundreds of kids for their clients, and had only found 4.

As are as allegations of abuse, they already exist, and as far as if the treatment is humane here's one response 11:55 mark, if you don't want watch the full video.

[video=youtube;_-S0lEdvCqs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-S0lEdvCqs[/video]

Last edited:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Illegal crosses the border with child. Since they have committed a crime, they are taken into custody and held for trial. The child is then taken, and placed in a separate facility until the case is settled. Because the child is separated from the parent, they are considered "unaccompanied." Due to that odd labeling, they can be sent to facilities anywhere in the nation. For instance, there are instances of children taken at the southern border being sent to facilities in New York state. During that time the parents have little, if any contact with their children, and are not allowed certain parental rights, such as permission to medicate. Many parent have no idea where their children have been sent to. I saw a story the other day about a group of lawyers trying to find literally hundreds of kids for their clients, and had only found 4.

As are as allegations of abuse, they already exist, and as far as if the treatment is humane here's one response 11:55 mark, if you don't want watch the full video.

[video=youtube;_-S0lEdvCqs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-S0lEdvCqs[/video]

Kut, this is indeed sad. But is it unique to the immigration situation?

My question is how is this different than when a plain-old-'Merican-criminal is taken into custody by state/local officials for some alleged crime and their children are remanded to the state child services department, if there is no other immediately available parent/guardian?

Probably a rare occurrence when you were on the beat in affluent Carmel, but I would venture to guess an all-too-common occurrence in the "disadvantaged" areas of nearby Indy.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Kut, this is indeed sad. But is it unique to the immigration situation?

My question is how is this different than when a plain-old-'Merican-criminal is taken into custody by state/local officials for some alleged crime and their children are remanded to the state child services department, if there is no other immediately available parent/guardian?

Probably a rare occurrence when you were on the beat in affluent Carmel, but I would venture to guess an all-too-common occurrence in the "disadvantaged" areas of nearby Indy.

If the crime is misdemeanor, and not related to something that would endanger the child if the person isn't taken into custody, they would probably be cited into court at a later date, and ca keep custody of their children. That's what would happen to the "plain-old-'Merican-citizen." (there's a follow-up if this is going to go where I think it will). Personally, I have no issue with them holding both the parents and the children. I do have an issue with sending to far off states, often to places unknown to their parents, them being medicated without parental approval, and suspicions of the facilities not being adequately able to serve children. Before this policy was implemented, you'd think that someone would've mapped out exactly how to handle this appropriately, rather than the cluster we are currently witnessing.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    If the crime is misdemeanor, and not related to something that would endanger the child if the person isn't taken into custody, they would probably be cited into court at a later date, and ca keep custody of their children. That's what would happen to the "plain-old-'Merican-citizen." (there's a follow-up if this is going to go where I think it will). Personally, I have no issue with them holding both the parents and the children. I do have an issue with sending to far off states, often to places unknown to their parents, them being medicated without parental approval, and suspicions of the facilities not being adequately able to serve children. Before this policy was implemented, you'd think that someone would've mapped out exactly how to handle this appropriately, rather than the cluster we are currently witnessing.

Kut, thank you for the reply.

There are two scenarios here, only one only of which resembles, somewhat, the 'Merican scenario you reference:

1) This is the first time the adult entered illegally, and the crime is a misdemeanor (up to 6 months), or
    2) The adult has a record of previously entering illegally (or some other predicates) that make the border crossing a felony (up to 2 years)

In each scenario, what would you propose be done with the adult illegal (alleged) border crosser? Does the misdemeanor vs felony charge make a difference?

Under current law, the only way to "keep the family together" is to release the adult into the US after 20 days.

Top Bottom