• ...and so much more!
  • IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Harshly? Nah, the "fix" is somewhat valid, if one believes that honest messaging for policy is more the responsibility of the media rather than the administration implementing said policy. So, IndyGal may continue to blame the media, without any opposition from me.

Damn right I blame the media. They spout half truths, get people riled up, and then they might post a retraction down the road, after the damage is already done. Having said that, could the administration handle this better? Absolutely.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It is this law, Reno v. Flores, that keeps families separated, as affirmed by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in California.

The LAW states separation cannot last longer than 20 days; however, the process involving the illegal entry takes longer. The squawking would make you think Trump is responsible for this but all he is doing is enforcing the law.

His EO just states the families may stay together but in a detention center. The problem is that he is actually breaking the law by doing this and will most likely be brought to court.

This law came into play in 1997 (I think). Congress could have prevented this years ago, but the left wants to increase their voter base. They have run out of bussing opportunities so now they are illegally importing votes (people).

This is why they have been so relaxed on changing the immigration law.

Patriots need to remain strong and firm - and remember to vote. Wake up America......the coup is in progress.

This is incorrect. That ruling did NOT require the separation of children from their family, it allows for it, but does not require it. Thats the noteworthy difference. I can easily admit, that the law allow for separation, but it lacks the requirement.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    This is incorrect. That ruling did NOT require the separation of children from their family, it allows for it, but does not require it. Thats the noteworthy difference. I can easily admit, that the law allow for separation, but it lacks the requirement.

This is where the fake news and crazy ideas come from.

When you or anyone else breaks the law, you are put in jail. Rob a bank and what happens? Are your children allowed to go to jail with you? I believe the "law" states how long the children can legally be separated....until they are cleared and ready to be sent back.

Separating families when unlawful acts of crime are committed is nothing new......in any country. People need to stop spreading crazy ideas and fake news.

Trump did nothing wrong here and actually went out on a limb to help. Congress needs to act in this case.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This is where the fake news and crazy ideas come from.

When you or anyone else breaks the law, you are put in jail. Rob a bank and what happens? Are your children allowed to go to jail with you? I believe the "law" states how long the children can legally be separated....until they are cleared and ready to be sent back.

Separating families when unlawful acts of crime are committed is nothing new......in any country. People need to stop spreading crazy ideas and fake news.

Trump did nothing wrong here and actually went out on a limb to help. Congress needs to act in this case.

That's not true in all cases. Often it depends on the crime, and believe it or not if children or present. Example: DWS-prior.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

And that is incorrect.

It allows minor children to be DETAINED (with their families) for a maximum of 20 days, then it REQUIRES the CHILDREN be released into the US until the court date for the asylum claim.

It allows for the family to stay together ONLY if the adult parents are also released into the US, never to return for their court date(s) for criminal proceedings, deportment or asylum.

IMO, this is by design and the intent of the Clinton administration entering into the consent decree in Flores. It also created a perverse incentive: "drag your kids across the desert and we'll let you in".

Last edited:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Just to be clear, the Flores consent decree on unaccompanied minors, paired with the Ninth Circuit decision extending Flores to minors accompanied by parent/guardian, ALLOWS only two options past the 20 day limit for detaining the children:

1. releasing the adults and children together into the country pending the adjudication of the asylum claim, or
    2. holding the adults and releasing the children.

The low percentage of asylum seekers who enter illegally that then return for the asylum court proceedings shines truth on the lie that the original asylum claim is most often a sham just to gain entry, and nothing more.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    And that is incorrect.

It allows minor children to be DETAINED (with their families) for a maximum of 20 days, then it REQUIRES the CHILDREN be released into the US until the court date for the asylum claim.

It allows for the family to stay together ONLY if the adult parents are also released into the US, never to return for their court date(s) for criminal proceedings, deportment or asylum.

IMO, this is by design and the intent of the Clinton administration entering into the consent decree in Flores. It also created a perverse incentive: "drag your kids across the desert and we'll let you in".

No, it's actually not. The statement, you made, does not run contrary to my quoted post. One of the more interesting things I should have mentioned, is that believe it or not, that children arrived illegal with their parents, were labeled "unaccompanied" once they were separated from their families.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Regardless of all the rhetoric, Trump is not responsible for this mess. It is nothing more than another attempt of the democrats to create further distraction and division within this country through smoke and mirrors (devious manipulation of the masses) to gain power.

The left is spewing hatred every chance it gets. The left is creating problems with evil intent. The left is creating a hostile environment that can ignite violence.

The message is clear - the left HATES anyone who disagrees with them and is creating hostility against those who disagree.

If one takes a step back and looks at what is going on, it is difficult not to envision the beginning of a violent coup attempt.

Wake up America!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Regardless of all the rhetoric, Trump is not responsible for this mess. It is nothing more than another attempt of the democrats to create further distraction and division within this country through smoke and mirrors (devious manipulation of the masses) to gain power.

The left is spewing hatred every chance it gets. The left is creating problems with evil intent. The left is creating a hostile environment that can ignite violence.

The message is clear - the left HATES anyone who disagrees with them and is creating hostility against those who disagree.

If one takes a step back and looks at what is going on, it is difficult not to envision the beginning of a violent coup attempt.

Wake up America!

If by "mess," you mean the immigration issues we are currently having, then yes, I would agree. The rest of your post, I disagree. I don't think the left is evil. I don't think they are any more prone to violence than the right, and I certainly don't think their end game is a violent coup.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    I don't think the left is evil. I don't think they are any more prone to violence than the right, and I certainly don't think their end game is a violent coup.

While I will not suggest the "entire" left is evil, I do believe a large part of the left is willing to do whatever it takes. When you have violent comments, vulgarity, talks of raping the president's son, spewing words of hatred to those who disagree......to me that is evil. The difficulty for me is 2 fold. 1) this kind of talk encourages violence and 2) I do not hear many speak out against the evil, hostile rhetoric from the left.

I did not state their goal was a violent coup. I did say if one was to step back and look at what is going on, it would be difficult not to envision the "beginning" of a violent coup. There is allot of hatred out there stemming from the left, IMO and the opinion of others.

I may not be the best for expressing written thoughts, but I truly believe many people feel as though I do. The perception is real, even when it's denied.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    While I will not suggest the "entire" left is evil, I do believe a large part of the left is willing to do whatever it takes. When you have violent comments, vulgarity, talks of raping the president's son, spewing words of hatred to those who disagree......to me that is evil. The difficulty for me is 2 fold. 1) this kind of talk encourages violence and 2) I do not hear many speak out against the evil, hostile rhetoric from the left.

I did not state their goal was a violent coup. I did say if one was to step back and look at what is going on, it would be difficult not to envision the "beginning" of a violent coup. There is allot of hatred out there stemming from the left, IMO and the opinion of others.

I may not be the best for expressing written thoughts, but I truly believe many people feel as though I do. The perception is real, even when it's denied.

I see your point, but I don't think its nearly as bad as you believe.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    DgOSOFFW0AEfJjh.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...I did not state their goal was a violent coup. I did say if one was to step back and look at what is going on, it would be difficult not to envision the "beginning" of a violent coup...

Why a violent coup? All they have to do is keep doing what they are doing and be a little patient.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What gets stuck in my craw about the whole thing is that so many of the “refugees” are from several countries away (Guatemala, El Salvador, etc).

I can understand fleeing a dangerous situation, but aren’t refugees supposed to seek asylum in the safest bordering country? It seems to me many of these people are passing through the relative safety of Mexico (which has a sovereign and functional government) to continue on to the US.

Crossing a perfectly serviceable potential sanctuary to choose a different place to seek asylum seems a lot like economic tourism (to me, at least), and something that could easily be addressed through non-emergency channels.

The only countries we should accept refugees from should be our bordering countries, and I would argue there is little actual humanitarian need to support 1500 “refugees” a day.

Something in this math doesn’t add up.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

The left views the right the same way. They see you as violent and hate filled.

Are you really like that? No, of course you're not. You're passionate, maybe sometimes engage in hostile rhetoric, but you certainly don't want a violent coup, you believe in democracy.

Just like you aren't like how they view you, they aren't like how you view them.

(I use the collective "you", not necessary directed at Ziggidy)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Something in this math doesn’t add up.

...like why cross over countries that speak your language in favor of one that doesn't?

Totally agree with PaulF. Especially when those "cross over countries" then point the finger at us and accuse us of being cruel.

Top Bottom