• ...and so much more!
  • SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

Originally Posted by SheepDog4Life
    Under current law, the only way to "keep the family together" is to release the adult into the US after 20 days.

But they do have to show up for court sometime later.

My question is, will the dems ever agree to Any legislation that actually restricts the illegal flow by building the Wall?

Exactly, lol!

And, I just saw the last half of a story on CBS Morning News. In this particular case, the children's detention/foster care area was not far from the adult detention facility and the children were in regular contact with their families.

Also, CBS reported that the adults see a judge within 72 hours of their arrest and if they plead guilty, are released with time served. CBS did not clarify if that meant released to the US interior or "released" to the other side of the border, they only said "released" which would lead me to believe the former, since the later would be more accurately called "deported". (David Begnaud reporting for CBS)

And, as I'm typing, CBS is reporting that the photo of the little girl (featured on the Time cover) was fake news, the girl was never never away from her mom more than 2 minutes, while the mom was being searched 10 feet away. The two were in Border Patrol custody less than 72 hours AND WERE NOT SEPARATED.

fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    If the crime is misdemeanor, and not related to something that would endanger the child if the person isn't taken into custody, they would probably be cited into court at a later date, and ca keep custody of their children. That's what would happen to the "plain-old-'Merican-citizen." (there's a follow-up if this is going to go where I think it will). Personally, I have no issue with them holding both the parents and the children. I do have an issue with sending to far off states, often to places unknown to their parents, them being medicated without parental approval, and suspicions of the facilities not being adequately able to serve children. Before this policy was implemented, you'd think that someone would've mapped out exactly how to handle this appropriately, rather than the cluster we are currently witnessing.
    these are not small crimes...this is a full on invasion of the united states, but I keep seeing people defend it like it isn't happening?? How as an American can people keep defending this? they are saying over 2k kids have been detained in a month... That means the numbers of invaders flocking over our border is far beyond any estimate previously stated.. yet people keep defending it??

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    But they do have to show up for court sometime later.

My question is, will the dems ever agree to Any legislation that actually restricts the illegal flow by building the Wall?
    It might slow it a bit. As long as there are incentives for them to come here, they will continue to come.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14
    If the crime is misdemeanor, and not related to something that would endanger the child if the person isn't taken into custody, they would probably be cited into court at a later date, and ca keep custody of their children. That's what would happen to the "plain-old-'Merican-citizen." (there's a follow-up if this is going to go where I think it will). Personally, I have no issue with them holding both the parents and the children. I do have an issue with sending to far off states, often to places unknown to their parents, them being medicated without parental approval, and suspicions of the facilities not being adequately able to serve children. Before this policy was implemented, you'd think that someone would've mapped out exactly how to handle this appropriately, rather than the cluster we are currently witnessing.
    these are not small crimes...this is a full on invasion of the united states, but I keep seeing you defend it like it isn't happening?? How as an American can you keep defending this? they are saying over 2k kids have been detained in a month... That means the numbers of invaders flocking over our border is far beyond any estimate previously stated.. yet people keep defending it??
    How is that quote defending anything?

I agree with his statement. They should not be sending these children across the country. They should be held in close proximity to their parents. At least until such time as they are sent to prison for some amount of time.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    It might slow it a bit. As long as there are incentives for them to come here, they will continue to come.

The current economic environment means lots of unfilled jobs, which all things being equal, means sharp increases, unless meaningful obstacles are placed in the path of illegal entry. So, IMO, beefing up and filling the holes in the "wall" in the high traffic areas of the border makes a lot of sense.

And, I think ADDING legal entry, work permit visas, let's a lot of the air out of the illegal entry balloon. Allows employers to get the workers they need. Allows those workers to take airplane ride here and back, get paid a reasonable wage and have ZERO incentive to endure being shuttled around in a horse trailer. All while earning the income they seek to support and better their family. Paying taxes, no need to steal someone else's identity. Goign to legal employment means increases wages for them AND for native workers. It's a win-win-win-win-win-win-win. Only losers are the Dems who benefit politically from the status quo.

Available, of course, only to those who have not previously violated ours laws.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Illegal crosses the border with child. Since they have committed a crime, they are taken into custody and held for trial. The child is then taken, and placed in a separate facility until the case is settled. Because the child is separated from the parent, they are considered "unaccompanied." Due to that odd labeling, they can be sent to facilities anywhere in the nation. For instance, there are instances of children taken at the southern border being sent to facilities in New York state. During that time the parents have little, if any contact with their children, and are not allowed certain parental rights, such as permission to medicate. Many parent have no idea where their children have been sent to. I saw a story the other day about a group of lawyers trying to find literally hundreds of kids for their clients, and had only found 4.

As are as allegations of abuse, they already exist, and as far as if the treatment is humane here's one response 11:55 mark, if you don't want watch the full video.

A couple of things. It's not just people coming across the border with kids and getting prosecuted for breaking the law. If they're first-timers, it's a misdemener and they're often sent back across the border within hours or days, not weeks or months. It turns into months when they ask for asylum after being arrested. And they're only asking for asylum after being arrested BECAUSE they were arrested. If they were seeking asylum, they could go to any port of entry, request asylum, and not be separated from their children while waiting on their case.

This is clearly something that congress should handle. This shouldn't be a stroke of the pen and phone. But it can't be handled by congress because Democrats won't support anything that doesn't allow these people to enter the country illegally. We should not be ignoring illegal border crossings just because the adults caught have children with them. But, we should handle those cases humanely.

I think every illegal border crosser should be arrested and processed. But if they have kids with them, it should be determined that the adults really are the parents of the kids. And if they are, then there should be a humane way to handle that. And that should be legislated by congress, not by the media, not in the court of public opinion, not by the president's fiat, but by an act of congress.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Has DNA testing advanced enough to quickly and affordably test these parent/child relationships? I know I can google it, just don't have time right now.

It's expensive. But so is the cost to society for illegal immigration.

I think a lot of the problem of illegal immigration could be solved if we had a better immigration system. If it were easier to immigrate to the US, without having to sneak here, then people would probably rather do that. It shouldn't take years to be vetted. If the process could take weeks, far fewer people would try to come here illegally.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    DgTWnUZU0AE0WeO.jpg

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    But this doesn't address the question of; can we, as a nation, effectively absorb the vast numbers of immigrants who want to come here? Nor does it answer, do we want 90% coming from south of the border? I do agree with you that we need a better system.

It's expensive. But so is the cost to society for illegal immigration.

I think a lot of the problem of illegal immigration could be solved if we had a better immigration system. If it were easier to immigrate to the US, without having to sneak here, then people would probably rather do that. It shouldn't take years to be vetted. If the process could take weeks, far fewer people would try to come here illegally.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    But this doesn't address the question of; can we, as a nation, effectively absorb the vast numbers of immigrants who want to come here? Nor does it answer, do we want 90% coming from south of the border? I do agree with you that we need a better system.

North, south, east, west ... doesn't matter as much as the fact that they are, for the most part, illiterate farmers. ...which are in demand in CA... so... maybe we can.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I think if immigrants can be properly vetted, why does it matter where they come from? I do think it's reasonable to turn away people who don't bring some value with them, i.e., employability, cultural compatibility, respect for rule of law, etcetera. An immigration system which can reasonably do that and doesn't take years to process, along with effective enough border security, would pretty much end the immigration problem in the US.

But progressives don't want that. They want open borders. And honestly, I'd like the US to be a society that could have open borders. But we're a welfare state. And we're not "free market" enough, and rule-of-law-oriented enough, to handle open borders.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Clearly groups with a lot of pull in dc want the system to remain the way it is or very similar. I really don't expect to see much change, but a lot of money will be spent.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I think if immigrants can be properly vetted, why does it matter where they come from? I do think it's reasonable to turn away people who don't bring some value with them, i.e., employability, cultural compatibility, respect for rule of law, etcetera. An immigration system which can reasonably do that and doesn't take years to process, along with effective enough border security, would pretty much end the immigration problem in the US.

But progressives don't want that. They want open borders. And honestly, I'd like the US to be a society that could have open borders. But we're a welfare state. And we're not "free market" enough, and rule-of-law-oriented enough, to handle open borders.

Case in point, tax law requires folks to have insurance, if you don't, you pay a penalty... unless you're an illegal immigrant.

W.T.F.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Exactly, lol!

And, I just saw the last half of a story on CBS Morning News. In this particular case, the children's detention/foster care area was not far from the adult detention facility and the children were in regular contact with their families.

Also, CBS reported that the adults see a judge within 72 hours of their arrest and if they plead guilty, are released with time served. CBS did not clarify if that meant released to the US interior or "released" to the other side of the border, they only said "released" which would lead me to believe the former, since the later would be more accurately called "deported". (David Begnaud reporting for CBS)

And, as I'm typing, CBS is reporting that the photo of the little girl (featured on the Time cover) was fake news, the girl was never never away from her mom more than 2 minutes, while the mom was being searched 10 feet away. The two were in Border Patrol custody less than 72 hours AND WERE NOT SEPARATED.

does everyone not understand that if it has to do with taking Trump down it is "Fake News"......

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I didn't say that as well as I would have liked to. I really meant, do we want 90% to be from any single country/region? And I don't just mean Mexico/Latino. Hell, I wouldn't even want 90% beautiful blond, shapely, friendly, ... Swedish girls. Or even curvy, friendly, redhead ... French girls. But I digress ...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom