• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The 24-year-old recent college graduated appointed to a top position in the White House drug policy office has come under scrutiny after it was revealed he fudged details on the resume he submitted for the position.
    Taylor Weyeneth's scanty resume was published by the Washington Post, who noted that it was not only riddled with inaccuracies, but that he was fired from his last job due to his inability to show up to work.
    Weyeneth was appointed as deputy chief of staff at the Office of National Drug Policy. He was appointed about a year after receiving his undergraduate degree from St John's University in New York in 2016.
    College graduate working for Trump lied on his resume | Daily Mail Online

More idiocracy and ineptness coming out of the White House. A 24 year old (appointed at 23) is a deputy chief of staff, and the kid didn't even show up to his last job. I guess Trumpy owed his dad a favor. I can't wait to hear the defenses. Lol, it would be funny if it wasn't so indicative of widespread incompetence.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    For me, I've known Americans who've gone abroad to work or just settle someplace else. I can't think of one that gave up their American citizenship, though.

Apparently thousands of Americans give up their citizenship each year.

I know at least one ...

LONDON — Boris Johnson, the New York-born British foreign secretary and former mayor of London, renounced his U.S. citizenship last year.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...is-johnson-renounces-us-citizenship/97684442/

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Some people are proud of their heritage and don't feel like becoming a citizen.

I'm not sure how American it would be to force people to do that.

It has nothing to do with feelings and pride, and more to do with laws in this case.

Not all countries allow dual citizenship, and it includes Poland where that doctor came from.
    Since he was born in Poland he cannot legally become a US Citizen without losing his Polish citizenship.

In some countries that don't allow dual citizenship you even have to give up your birth citizenship before you apply to another one, if you get denied your new citizenship you're screwed.

In this case if that man give up his Polish citizenship to apply for a US one and get denied he would be stateless.

If he gets deported from the US as a statless person he's really screwed as they wouldn't even let him stay in Poland.

Some countries will make sure you are granted the new citizenship before they strip you of your old one but not all countries do that.

That's why he had a green card for 40 years.I think.

Only 30 countries or so, out of nearly 200, allow dual or triple citizenship.

5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

More idiocracy and ineptness coming out of the White House. A 24 year old (appointed at 23) is a deputy chief of staff, and the kid didn't even show up to his last job. I guess Trumpy owed his dad a favor. I can't wait to hear the defenses. Lol, it would be funny if it wasn't so indicative of widespread incompetence.

Yeah cause the Obummer administration wasn't full of incompetence throughout!

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    The linked article mentions that the student in question was part of Trump's drug policy. I do not see of any connection to Trump's immigration policy, so it seems strange to introduce that into this thread, almost if the intent was to generate more heat than light.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The linked article mentions that the student in question was part of Trump's drug policy. I do not see of any connection to Trump's immigration policy, so it seems strange to introduce that into this thread, almost if the intent was to generate more heat than light.

Actually, it was meant for the Salma thread, I put it here purely by accident. If I wanted to generate heat, do you really think that I couldn't find something relevant to put in the place I mistakenly put the deputy drug czar post in?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Actually, it was meant for the Salma thread, I put it here purely by accident. If I wanted to generate heat, do you really think that I couldn't find something relevant to put in the place I mistakenly put the deputy drug czar post in?

Meant for the Selma thread.....? Sounds like more incompetence

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    So this is a strange one.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-immigration-officers-arrest-michigan-214400552.html

I'm interested to hear what the issue is.

I am familiar with a handful of other cases where children were brought here in that same time frame on their parents' immigration visas, got SSNs simply by filling out the paperwork, and then something got sideways when they turned 16 (or 18) and they found out MUCH later that their status was illegal. People didn't know what forms to fill out, or even the need to fill out the forms. I believe the rule is that until that age (16 or 18), they are legal under the parents' status but after that, they need to fill out their own immigration forms. (That now-evil chain-migration thing.)

I think I alluded to that very early in this thread.

If you listen to the video, I think the problem is alluded to... he had convictions as a youth that were expunged from his record by the state. The video says the federal government does not recognize the expungement and "he didn't know that". So, it seems apparent to me that his green card renewal was denied for lying on the renewal form, saying he had never been convicted of any crimes, when in fact, he had.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Meant for the Selma thread.....? Sounds like more incompetence

I'm sorry, have I insulted you at some point recently, that you thought thought that you should insult me now? This is the point where things tend to go off the rails.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

This is news? Seriously? A millennial lies on his resume! :runaway:

I remember back when Stephanopoulos was facilitating a panel discussion on then candidate Romney tying the dog cage and dog to the roof of his car for a road trip. Oh the panel was outraged until someone brought up Obama eating a dog. Stephanopoulos dropped that subject like a used rubber. He actually said on air, something to the effect of, okay, that’s enough of that, and brought up the next subject.

So let’s scrutinize every former president’s appointees to this extent. The result would probably be that it’s more expedient to drop it rather than having your own side exposed.

But no. Really. This is all you got for your cause?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    To get an invite into the White House all you need really do is “invent” a lookalike suitcase [STRIKE]bomb[/STRIKE] errrr clock.
    Oh wait, that was the last guy.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This is news? Seriously? A millennial lies on his resume! :runaway:

I remember back when Stephanopoulos was facilitating a panel discussion on then candidate Romney tying the dog cage and dog to the roof of his car for a road trip. Oh the panel was outraged until someone brought up Obama eating a dog. Stephanopoulos dropped that subject like a used rubber. He actually said on air, something to the effect of, okay, that’s enough of that, and brought up the next subject.

So let’s scrutinize every former president’s appointees to this extent. The result would probably be that it’s more expedient to drop it rather than having your own side exposed.

But no. Really. This is all you got for your cause?

Well, you certainly won't hear me accusing you of looking at something critically. If you don't see the issue of a 23 year old being appointed to position which is second, only, to the drug czar, then the transformation from one who questions the decisions of govt, to blind loyalty, is complete. Even if the the Deputy Chief of Staff's resume was accurate, it doesn't contain near the amount of experience most would expect for someone in the position.... but that's just me, wanting experienced people working in govt.

Top Bottom