• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It’s a fair point if you’re not using Obama’s behavior to Justify Trumps. So maybe I don’t care that Obama did it either. Maybe I don’t care that Trump does it. But I get to ask why the people who ***** about Trump doing it didn’t really give a **** when it was Obama doing it.

Although I will concede that the people *****ing about Trump doing it might not have known Obama was doing it because everything Obama did was great and necessary and hey how about the crease in those pants, so why would the an MSM reporter write a story about that?

Barring that, welcome to my world. Because Obama is no longer president, you are no longer allowed to reference anything he may have done wrong - because trying to point out that people who have a conniption over Trump costing the gov't money to play golf were (based on body of work) pretty silent about some ... former presidents ... spending extravagantly on personal/family travel is hypocrisy

You are hypocritical for pointing out they might be hypocritical, lolz. In the above example, I never criticized Obama for extravagant spending when he was doing it. I have a layman's understanding of just how expensive it can be to accomodate someone who requires extremely high security for himself and his family when they just wish to take a vacation (prolly not using Priceline)

Under the way I intuit that these accusations work, I am hypocritical for mentioning the people's funds Obama spent when someone attempts to use Trump's spending on similar pursuits as a basis for criticism. There is apparently a statute of limitations; and by not criticizing Obama in a timely manner, apparently I gave up my chance. I actually thought not caring about Obama's profligate spending and also not caring when Trump does it was actually being Kutsistent. Not so much

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There’s a legitimate case for it and there’s also a what-about-ist case too. If you think it was wrong when Obama did it, whatever that was, but you’re perfectly fine with Trump doing it, then you say, well, Obama did it too, so neener neener neener. You’re being hypocritical. Or, if you’re saying it’s okay that Trump does it, because Obama did it too, that’s usually not a valid justification.

The valid “what-about-ism” can really just impugne the person you’re directing it at. You’re basically calling them a hypocrite for condemning Trump when they didn’t condemn their guy.. But I’ve seen it used on INGO to justify Trump, not just to say the people complaining about Trump are being hypocritical. You guys do that with Kut often enough, for example. I know you’re using it in the justification sense because in the particular cases, you couldn’t possibly know whether Kut approved of “his guy” doing it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    There’s a legitimate case for it and there’s also a what-about-ist case too. If you think it was wrong when Obama did it, whatever that was, but you’re perfectly fine with Trump doing it, then you say, well, Obama did it too, so neener neener neener. You’re being hypocritical. Or, if you’re saying it’s okay that Trump does it, because Obama did it too, that’s usually not a valid justification.

The valid “what-about-ism” can really just impugne the person you’re directing it at. You’re basically calling them a hypocrite for condemning Trump when they didn’t condemn their guy.. But I’ve seen it used on INGO to justify Trump, not just to say the people complaining about Trump are being hypocritical. You guys do that with Kut often enough, for example. I know you’re using it in the justification sense because in the particular cases, you couldn’t possibly know whether Kut approved of “his guy” doing it.

Ahh, but you don't know the half of it. I strongly suspect that Kut did not call out his guy. If the search engine for existing posts didn't suck so bad I would cheerfully dig for the evidence I suspect is there, but the effort is pointless with the available tools. Which I expect is exactly what Kut counts on when he goes all "I don't believe you can find a post where I [whatever]"

Try it sometime, tell me something about my position in the religion v science thread and back it up with exemplar posts

No fair asking CathyInBlue

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Cases like this will do more to sway folks toward closing the borders and sending people home.

Put him in a trebuchet and send him over the wall after a proper execution.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I was gonna say. A trebuchet would be a bit sophisticated for the Trump administration. The couwtapult is more Trumpian, I think.

Top Bottom