• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    By now, any store that doesnt have bollards installed is negligent. (unless they lock their entire firearm inventory in a safe overnights)

These are happening weekly across America. Its nothing new, and not unreasonable to protect against.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Cameramonkey is absolutely correct! Gun shops that don’t place bollards or concrete barriers in their entrance area and then some, given the clear and present danger of thieves ramming vehicles into gun shops are not acting like the hypothetical “reasonable man”. This would be the standard in a court of law should they be sued and they are going to face a lot of potential liability if any of the stolen guns end up in criminal hands and someone is shot and the gun traced back to the shop. The jury will be looking to “tag” the gun shop in today’s anti gun atmosphere brought on by libturds and their ilk!

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    By now, any store that doesnt have bollards installed is negligent. (unless they lock their entire firearm inventory in a safe overnights)

These are happening weekly across America. Its nothing new, and not unreasonable to protect against.
    When Crackshot was open in Anderson, Mike had ballards installed after two break in drive throughs. The next time they just cut through the flat roof with battery saw-zaws.

steelhead

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2021
    Fishers
    I frequent HA, and have always gotten great service from Rick and his family.

As far as bollards go: Yes, they are a good idea, but IMO we have gotten into this mess by justifying criminal behavior due to accessibility (ex. Kias are easy to steal, why would she leave her purse in her car? Etc.)

Protective measures are certainly common sense, but victim shaming is definitely not it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I frequent HA, and have always gotten great service from Rick and his family.

As far as bollards go: Yes, they are a good idea, but IMO we have gotten into this mess by justifying criminal behavior due to accessibility (ex. Kias are easy to steal, why would she leave her purse in her car? Etc.)

Protective measures are certainly common sense, but victim shaming is definitely not it.
    I disagree in some cases. Rape, hells naw. No shaming there. Not taking reasonable measures BASED ON PRIOR REPEATED ACTS deserves some shaming.

The first couple drive throughs, sure. How would they know? But now? Hell, havent we had 2 or 3 this year in the Indy area already? I know there was one very recently.

EDIT: And this extends into other areas as well. Like having your gun stolen out of your car, ESPECIALLY when it was left unlocked. THERE you deserve a good shaming. Gun vaults dont have windows for a reason. :facepalm: And for the case of it being unlocked, I might also consider negligence charges against the idiot victim. And no there isnt a slippery slope extending into homes and guns on nightstands. So lets not go down that path. (again)

steelhead

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2021
    Fishers
    I disagree in some cases. Rape, hells naw. No shaming there. Not taking reasonable measures BASED ON PRIOR REPEATED ACTS deserves some shaming.

The first couple drive throughs, sure. How would they know? But now? Hell, havent we had 2 or 3 this year in the Indy area already? I know there was one very recently.

EDIT: And this extends into other areas as well. Like having your gun stolen out of your car, ESPECIALLY when it was left unlocked. THERE you deserve a good shaming. Gun vaults dont have windows for a reason. :facepalm: And for the case of it being unlocked, I might also consider negligence charges against the idiot victim. And no there isnt a slippery slope extending into homes and guns on nightstands. So lets not go down that path. (again)

I see your point and can respect the reasoning behind it.

Hopefully the perps get caught and don’t see daylight for an extended period of time.

Top Bottom