• ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wait.

What?

We really don't want this "obstructing federal law" thing to become popular.

Let the idiots continue to reveal their idiocy. And let us mock them unmercifully.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yesssss. I remember you voicing that very point vis a vis SHERIFF Arpaio

Sorry, this stuck in my craw.

Yeah, I'll need some references for a federal law making it illegal for states to pass a law mandating non-cooperation with federal authorities. There is a serious constitutional issue going both ways on this. States ought not interfere with federal enforcement of federal law. (Having a law and acting on it are 2 different things.) Feds ought not demand work from state and local authorities to enforce federal laws.

Federalism works both ways.

Immigration is a federal issue. If the feds want to enforce it, they should do so with federal powers. They ought not co-opt or mandate local cooperation. That has federalism issues.

The question of sanctuary cities is a political one. Local politicians have been elected to selectively enforce laws they disagree with. The feds arresting those elected leaders is problematic.
    And, for the record, I think "sanctuary cities" is a terrible policy. Like, no redeeming qualities at all.

I'm still not sure (or don't remember) what Arpaio got in trouble for. If there's something specific you think I should've voiced an opinion on, please share it.

(I don't mind him feeding MREs to inmates, making them wear pink, or allowing them to work.)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    [STRIKE]Yesssss. I remember you voicing that very point vis a vis SHERIFF Arpaio[/STRIKE]

Not sure why the purple. I probably did.

In fact, it may have been in this thread that I pointed out if the feds don't like the non-cooperation from local authorities, they can bring more agents. The locals should have VERY little to do with immigration enforcement. Or, to put it another way, they should have as much of a role as they want to have.

You are correct. I have had a chance to go back and reread the material I had in mind, to the extent I could tolerate it (first 300 posts or so) and not only did you not express the opinion I was convinced you had, as far as I can tell you didn't post in the thread at all (subject to the limits of what I researched)

Purple is withdrawn, the quote is withdrawn and apologies are tendered

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Accepted. I think this is the 2d time you've ascribed positions to me that I do not take. And, I think are 180 out of phase with my actual positions.

Seems to me a 3rd time stops being accidental.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Sorry, this stuck in my craw.

I'm still not sure (or don't remember) what Arpaio got in trouble for. If there's something specific you think I should've voiced an opinion on, please share it.

(I don't mind him feeding MREs to inmates, making them wear pink, or allowing them to work.)
    Didnt it have something to do with profiling and a judge issued a order telling him to stop but he allegedly still directed his deputies to do it anyways?
    Not sure without looking it up. That's off of memory which my brain is ****ed so dont trust my memory.
    I liked Joe. I liked that he made inmates be inmates and jail wasnt club med

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Didnt it have something to do with profiling and a judge issued a order telling him to stop but he allegedly still directed his deputies to do it anyways?
    Not sure without looking it up. That's off of memory which my brain is ****ed so dont trust my memory.
    I liked Joe. I liked that he made inmates be inmates and jail wasnt club med

#MeToo

I know he got in trouble with the media for stuff that I didn't think was a big deal. I'm really not sure what he was convicted of, though. (Didn't Trump pardon him?)

He seemed like a decent, but crotchety, guy who looked for trouble.

If he got in trouble for not following a court order, that's a metric shton different than not cooperating with federal authorities. I don't care who you are, if a court orders you to do something, you either do it or appeal it. If you lose the appeals, then you have to do it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Accepted. I think this is the 2d time you've ascribed positions to me that I do not take. And, I think are 180 out of phase with my actual positions.

Seems to me a 3rd time stops being accidental.

If I must go the rest of my days (on INGO) without error, we might as well have our seconds meet now, then. As the aggrieved party, you would of course have choice of weapons :@ya:

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Only if you're a racist. Apparently.

Well done sir. (What college said that again?)
    I too hate punctuality bigots. :):
    Being from the Detroit area for many years I knew about CPT (but it was called BPT there) However, the peoples of the Balkan Region each have their own "ethnicity time" (Serb time, Greek Time , Albanian time, Macedonian time, Bulgarian, etc.)
    Point being we get their when we get there, and then it's a good time. We also dig cognac and cigars......True facts. Goes back to cultural, not racial as someone said up thread regarding being on time is racist notion recently discovered at a university.

Something, something, Trump immigration……...

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No. No. That's not learning from history, that's "but Obama"
    It’s a fair point if you’re not using Obama’s behavior to Justify Trumps. So maybe I don’t care that Obama did it either. Maybe I don’t care that Trump does it. But I get to ask why the people who ***** about Trump doing it didn’t really give a **** when it was Obama doing it.

Top Bottom