• ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Lmfao. True.
    It's on that movie where the guy is getting married and they take a bachelor trip to vegas. Even has mike Tyson in it lol.
    The second one they go to Thailand.

im having a mental block and cant remeber the name of it right now. Very very funny ****.

Lol hangover? Funny, haven’t seen that for a while.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Democrat bill to abolish ICE to be brought up for a vote:

House GOP to Bring Democratic 'Abolish ICE' Bill to the Floor

It will be interesting to see if even a majority of the Democrats vote for it. :popcorn:

Could this be an example of never interrupting your enemy when they are making a mistake?

Paul Ryan called their bluff and actually scheduled this bill to be brought to the floor for a vote. The Democratic reps that introduced it scrambled and had to say publicly that they wouldn't actually vote for it.

And they have the balls to accuse Ryan of using this bill as a "political stunt."
    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/laure...icans-plan-to-bring-it-up-for-a-vote-n2499958

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    If you see people who look Mexican, central American, south American, white, Arab, black, Asian, crossing the road you are driving on through the desert and you know the border is afew miles away, odds are they arent looking for a taco bell.

Lots of people Climbing out of the back of a semi in an urban area. People coming out of a hidden compartment of a vehicle. Things that just dont make.sense or do because you are so close to the border.

Also when you are down in states with the border they have border patrol checkpoints even 50 miles out that you have to drive through.
    They will get a warrant if they need To. Just like here at home, if they really want to get into your vehicle they can. Tow it and then take an inventory

I meant outside of the obvious where you see someone jumping the border fence.
    Or if you know for sure that your boss is hiring illegal aliens (in that case you should probably report your boss anyway).

You can't know someone immigration status by looking at them or listening to them.
    Chance are people will report legal immigrants or even tourists to the police because they heard them speak broken English, or a foreign language, at a restaurant.

People can't walk to someone and ask for their passport, visa, green card or proof of citizenship.
    Well they can but nobody is going to show that to a random dude who's not a cop in uniform.

Having people falsely report suspected illegal alliens might do more harm than good.

It's silly to ask people to report a crime that you cannot identify as a crime.
    A bit like asking people to report people committing tax fraud.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Paul Ryan called their bluff and actually scheduled this bill to be brought to the floor for a vote. The Democratic reps that introduced it scrambled and had to say publicly that they wouldn't actually vote for it.

And they have the balls to accuse Ryan of using this bill as a "political stunt."
    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/laure...icans-plan-to-bring-it-up-for-a-vote-n2499958
    This is a really interesting time politically. If the Republicans wanted they could call the bluff of the Democrats on each of these grandstanding bills and make them own it or lose face by backing down.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    This is a really interesting time politically. If the Republicans wanted they could call the bluff of the Democrats on each of these grandstanding bills and make them own it or lose face by backing down.

Yes, and I like the way the majority whip thinks...

House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-LA) told The Hill Thursday. “I think it's the wrong approach. I think everyone ought to be on record about where they stand on that issue.”

Shine a bright light on the cockroaches and watch them scramble for cover. I like it!!!

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Shine a bright light on the cockroaches and watch them scramble for cover. I like it!!!

I wholeheartedly agree. I just wish the GOP would take that medicine as well.

Looks like you are falling 2 votes short of passing an important bill? Take the damn vote! Show the constituents who is holding up a bill that they want passed.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I wholeheartedly agree. I just wish the GOP would take that medicine as well.

Looks like you are falling 2 votes short of passing an important bill? Take the damn vote! Show the constituents who is holding up a bill that they want passed.

I completely agree... put them on the record with votes.

Similarly, I was appalled many years ago when they started accepting "filibuster votes" for cloture. You want to filibuster? Be prepared to go all "Mr. Smith" (or Rand Paul) on the Senate floor until you pass out on your feet or your bladder bursts, lol!
    So, voting on a validly submitted bill is a "political stunt", but voting against the bill you submitted isn't. :facepalm:

For sure, "doublespeak" with a distinctly Orwellian tinge.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Portland Police Refused To Help ICE Agents Who Called 911, Agents Say | The Daily Caller

“Your current policy forbidding Portland law enforcement agencies from assisting employees of the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency who request law enforcement assistance while at or away from work is a violation of the United States Constitution’s Equal Protection Clause,” the letter says.

I'm almost positive that's not a thing. Certainly open to a different perspective on this, but I don't think there's a legal obligation on the part of law enforcement agencies to protect any specific person. It is more a generalized thing.

For instance, ICE isn't required to investigate every claim of an immigration violation. Likewise, Portland PD isn't required to respond to every 911 call.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Portland Police Refused To Help ICE Agents Who Called 911, Agents Say | The Daily Caller

I'm almost positive that's not a thing. Certainly open to a different perspective on this, but I don't think there's a legal obligation on the part of law enforcement agencies to protect any specific person. It is more a generalized thing.

For instance, ICE isn't required to investigate every claim of an immigration violation. Likewise, Portland PD isn't required to respond to every 911 call.
    then why do we have to pay for their services if the service they give is optional?.I'm not trying to be funny here. I'm trying to raise what I think is a valid point.
    Because I've always heard and been told (I mean its advertised even in movies) that the police have to investigate every 911 call even if they hang up. ??
    Yeah I know, dont believe everything you read or see on TV but seriously?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    then why do we have to pay for their services if the service they give is optional?.I'm not trying to be funny here. I'm trying to raise what I think is a valid point.
    Because I've always heard and been told (I mean its advertised even in movies) that the police have to investigate every 911 call even if they hang up. ??
    Yeah I know, dont believe everything you read or see on TV but seriously?

I'm not sure why people think that. Probably because it is conditioning. Every time you call 911, someone shows up... eventually. We see police/fire rushing around all the time, so we kinda know they are busy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/...ot-have-a-constitutional-duty-to-protect.html

Scalia-authored opinion, so it must be right. ;)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I'm not sure why people think that. Probably because it is conditioning. Every time you call 911, someone shows up... eventually. We see police/fire rushing around all the time, so we kinda know they are busy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/...ot-have-a-constitutional-duty-to-protect.html

Scalia-authored opinion, so it must be right. ;)

In this case they intentionally didn’t show up.
    So TT is correct that they “intentionally” shouldn’t be compensated for a job they “intentionally” didn’t do.

We are not talking about lack of resources as a reason they were not able to respond.
    It is a FU policy decision related to politics. That should NEVER happen with a public service.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    In this case they intentionally didn’t show up.
    So TT is correct that they “intentionally” shouldn’t be compensated for a job they “intentionally” didn’t do.

We are not talking about lack of resources as a reason they were not able to respond.

It doesn't matter whether there's an actual lack of resources, the point is that the COMPLETELY SEPARATE law enforcement agency has the discretion to prioritize. That they prioritize regular patrol over going to save ICE (which should have their own guns), is up to the local authorities. That is, in fact, a political issue for them.

It is a FU policy decision related to politics. That should NEVER happen with a public service.
    Interesting. And that applies to each administration equally?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It doesn't matter whether there's an actual lack of resources, the point is that the COMPLETELY SEPARATE law enforcement agency has the discretion to prioritize. That they prioritize regular patrol over going to save ICE (which should have their own guns), is up to the local authorities. That is, in fact, a political issue for them.

Interesting. And that applies to each administration equally?

Yesssss. I remember you voicing that very point vis a vis SHERIFF Arpaio

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yesssss. I remember you voicing that very point vis a vis SHERIFF Arpaio

Not sure why the purple. I probably did.

In fact, it may have been in this thread that I pointed out if the feds don't like the non-cooperation from local authorities, they can bring more agents. The locals should have VERY little to do with immigration enforcement. Or, to put it another way, they should have as much of a role as they want to have.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Snipezze
    Top Bottom