• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Does anyone here think there would be any real problem if somehow the states were ordered to have constitutional carry, such as through SCOTUS or something like that? Would anyone argue that the fed would be infringing the 10th amendment, or anything else? I am not advocating either position here, I am curious to see what you all think.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Haha ok ATM my knowledge of law is a little lacking, you're right, laws just need repealed. A simple mistake on my part. And yes we are lagging behind other states when it comes to needing a permit to oc. However, I'd chose here over New York given the hypothetical situation such a choice would need to be made. I see a day when oc will be legal without a permit here.

MisterChester, given the language of the 2A, it seems that it wouldn't be infringing on the 10th. That being said, it could pass but let's face it, not in our lifetime. I think the Bradey campaign and Bloomberg would raise enough heck to keep it from happening. Although cars aren't specifically protected like firearms, too many people would make the driver license analogy.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    MisterChester, given the language of the 2A, it seems that it wouldn't be infringing on the 10th. That being said, it could pass but let's face it, not in our lifetime. I think the Bradey campaign and Bloomberg would raise enough heck to keep it from happening. Although cars aren't specifically protected like firearms, too many people would make the driver license analogy.

Except "driving a car" isn't specifically listed in the Bill of Rights.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Do you think we are going to ever be able to stop the government from making money from us? Its only a matter of time, until we get the Value Added Tax over here too.

The list of taxes and fees that we should never have had is a mile long, several directly spoken against, by the framers. The problem we have nowadays is within ourselves. How do you fix that in our generation? You dont. You do your best, and pass to your children, the things lacking today. Morals, character, and the will to resist the temptation to do only for yourself. Then you hope, someday, they will do the same. It took 50 years for us to get this bad, and the problem will probably take 100 years to correct. Till then, were stuck here.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Except "driving a car" isn't specifically listed in the Bill of Rights.
    As I said, it's just the argument the anti gunners would make. That's it. I want Constitution carry. It says "shall not be infringed" yet you have to have an Id card just to own a gun in Illinois. I also said I can see why it'd pass in the Surpreme court. I also see why it wouldn't. They'd use the phrase "reasonable restrictions" whatever the hell that means.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    As I said, it's just the argument the anti gunners would make. That's it. I want Constitution carry. It says "shall not be infringed" yet you have to have an Id card just to own a gun in Illinois. I also said I can see why it'd pass in the Surpreme court. I also see why it wouldn't. They'd use the phrase "reasonable restrictions" whatever the hell that means.

You're really starting to bug me with "Constitution Carry." You need to conjugate the word properly when you use it as an adjective. It's "Constitutional Carry."

Consider this a verbal warning.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    You're really starting to bug me with "Constitution Carry." You need to conjugate the word properly when you use it as an adjective. It's "Constitutional Carry."

Consider this a verbal warning.
    Well excuse me for bugging you haha it's called auto correct on an iPad, go complain to apple or someone who cares.
    Just on a side note, this is a thread about open carry, not auto correct.

Have a good day CPT Nervous

Last edited:

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound

Yup. Back in my home state of New Jersey you need a FID (firearms ID) as well. It's amazing how its easier to get an LTCH here than to actually touch a gun at a store in Jersey, where it's illegal to be handed a gun by a shop just to hold it without said ID card. That is blatantly unconstitutional. And it's unimaginably difficult to get a carry permit there. We had a joke there saying not even Jesus himself could get a carry permit. Less than .0037% of people there have a valid permit.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Yup. Back in my home state of New Jersey you need a FID (firearms ID) as well. It's amazing how its easier to get an LTCH here than to actually touch a gun at a store in Jersey, where it's illegal to be handed a gun by a shop just to hold it without said ID card. That is blatantly unconstitutional. And it's unimaginably difficult to get a carry permit there. We had a joke there saying not even Jesus himself could get a carry permit. Less than .0037% of people there have a valid permit.

I'm glad you managed to escape. It's amazing to see the differences between the US, and the rest of the states.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Well I'm glad everyone recognizes that we have it better off here. It isn't perfect but it's better than some states. We may have to get a ltch permit but I'd rather have to get that than not even be allowed to own a gun.

By the way, CPT Nervous, you're welcome :) I always have a good day and never let some auto correct grammar issues get me down :laugh:

Last edited:

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Thank you. You, too.

Ahem. FTFY. :D If you're going to patrol, do it correctly. ;)

Well I'm glad everyone recognizes that we have it better off here. It isn't perfect but it's better than some states. We may have to get a ltch permit but I'd rather have to get that than not even be allowed to own a gun.

By the way, CPT Nervous, you're welcome :) I always have a good day and never let some auto correct grammar issues get me down :laugh:

I'm glad I didn't have to get that LTCH permit. I'd be angry if I had to get a permit just to get my LTCH.

Back to our regularly scheduled program of pointless bickering on why my version of OC is better than your version of CC.

I want the bad guys to see that the playing field is level.

Top Bottom