• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I wish this guy would quit posting so much negativity in my fixed-wing pilot's license thread... I get that flying is dangerous, I really do!
    You fly? Like a airplane? Do you have any idea how dangerous that is?? Ohhhhhhh, , , I see you do! Ok carry on!

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    You fly? Like a airplane? Do you have any idea how dangerous that is?? Ohhhhhhh, , , I see you do! Ok carry on!
    Haha... I do not, currently, fly [at least not with me at the controls].

I have a dream though :).

Wife got me a short basic instruction class + a half hour of flight time for Christmas... Only time I've ever teared up when being given a gift in my life.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Haha... I do not, currently, fly [at least not with me at the controls].

I have a dream though :).

Wife got me a short basic instruction class + a half hour of flight time for Christmas... Only time I've ever teared up when being given a gift in my life.
    I had a buddy who is now dead, but his name was Roy Cooper, many people in NWI knew him as RoyBoy. But, he bought a single engine plane back in the late 80's. calls me and a buddy up, ands says he would like to take us up over Lake Michigan for a ride. Sounded like a great time. After bout 20 minutes we start hearing all kinds of yelling over the radio! They were ordering Roy to bring the plane down. I thought maybe he stole the plane or something. Ended up, when he landed we found out that Roy bought a plane, but had no pilots license . Was funny once we got on the ground!

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I had a buddy who is now dead, but his name was Roy Cooper, many people in NWI knew him as RoyBoy. But, he bought a single engine plane back in the late 80's. calls me and a buddy up, ands says he would like to take us up over Lake Michigan for a ride. Sounded like a great time. After bout 20 minutes we start hearing all kinds of yelling over the radio! They were ordering Roy to bring the plane down. I thought maybe he stole the plane or something. Ended up, when he landed we found out that Roy bought a plane, but had no pilots license . Was funny once we got on the ground!
    Wow...

I have to ask - was he simply ignorant to the fact that one cannot simply fly a plane in the US without a license? Just curious...

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Indeed!

I could die to the flu without even leaving the house!

Life is to be lived, not feared.

:+1: That's not to say I will go out of my way to "survive" really dangerous things (i.e., it's not my dream in life to be the dude that does the tightrope walk over the Grand Canyon), but if you want to fly then go for it. Lots of people do it. A friend of mine flies helicopters and loves it.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Wow...

I have to ask - was he simply ignorant to the fact that one cannot simply fly a plane in the US without a license? Just curious...
    You would have to google him and check it out! He was a tattoo icon. Tattooed Cher, Steven Tyler, Mike Tyson. Even had Tyson's tigers for awhile. He's just crazy. I miss him.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    :+1: That's not to say I will go out of my way to "survive" really dangerous things (i.e., it's not my dream in life to be the dude that does the tightrope walk over the Grand Canyon), but if you want to fly then go for it. Lots of people do it. A friend of mine flies helicopters and loves it.
    Actually my long-term goal is to get a helicopter pilot license. You can go straight for the HPL but having a fixed-wing license makes the whole process much easier/cheaper/faster.

That said - I'm sure I'll enjoy the heck out of whatever kind of flying I do be it fixed wing or helicopter.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I hope when I die, I'm surrounded by burnt oil and broken chrome!:rockwoot:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    List all the things that your passionate about. Then start on one arm and work your way around to the other limbs!!
    I'm passionate about a lot of things but not many of them are easily worked into tattoos. I'm in IT, for example, and I love what I do - but a tattoo of a server would be a bit 'cheesy' at best.

I did think about a bio-mechanical tattoo where my skin is peeled back [looks synthetic] to reveal a processor and circuitry but I've not found a tattoo artiest talented enough at bio-mech to trust them to do it. Then again - with that much detail - would it look good in 10, 20, or 30 years? I'd have to get it large enough for the detail to last but I'd like to keep it relatively small [for this particular idea]. I can envision it in my head - but I can't see it standing the test of time on a canvas such as human skin as I age.

Beyond that - nothing that I could really imagine having on my body for the rest of my life.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    I'm passionate about a lot of things but not many of them are easily worked into tattoos. I'm in IT, for example, and I love what I do - but a tattoo of a server would be a bit 'cheesy' at best.

I did think about a bio-mechanical tattoo where my skin is peeled back [looks synthetic] to reveal a processor and circuitry but I've not found a tattoo artiest talented enough at bio-mech to trust them to do it.

Beyond that - nothing that I could really imagine having on my body for the rest of my life.

You could get one of those Ghetto Font tattoo's on your belly that says "Da Net"

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    :+1: That's what I've done in the past. I only have two so far but they are a huge piece of me and my life. I want more but I feel like I really need to put some thought into exactly what I want
    I've been getting tattooed for about 35 years. Sometimes I will notice something and remember when I got it and what I was feeling at the time. I have 3 lil angels for my mom and brothers. Makes me smile to remember why I have them!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom