I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    you are very welcome

did you have a good Christmas?

The best. Family and friends.....food and conversation.....watching the stars in the kids eyes as we opened presents. I got the (soon to be 7 yr.old) a pink Crickett with a pink carry case. She is straight up Barbie princess so pink is her color.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    awesome.. the boys and I had a small Christmas here before I went in to work for 4 hours, Sunday is my day with all my family then back to my oldest daughters for just my kids and grandbaby.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My son will be down from Berne this Sunday with his crew and we will have a nice afternoon with them. It is so hard to get everyone together at once these days. Have to keep the spirit until Sunday.

The twins were so tired last night after making all the holiday stops.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    My son will be down from Berne this Sunday with his crew and we will have a nice afternoon with them. It is so hard to get everyone together at once these days. Have to keep the spirit until Sunday.

The twins were so tired last night after making all the holiday stops.

yep I agree. My brothers and sister and I finally agreed, we are the core and we pick a day we can do it. Hopefully all our children can attend too, if not, the core was together.

tired but satisfied with all presents?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I will say that I get a few nice things every year but to me it is in the giving/sharing. We got involved with a mother and 2 kids that were way down on their luck. Dad was in jail due to a recently acquired drug habit. They lost the house and the car. Living in a small apt. hand to mouth. We made sure they had a tree/food/presents this year. The kids needed coats,shoes and basic clothing etc. Also got them some toys and things together from Santa. I wish we could do more for others but funds only go so far. I took most of the money from a recent gun sale to do this. It is in the giving/sharing for us.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I will say that I get a few nice things every year but to me it is in the giving/sharing. We got involved with a mother and 2 kids that were way down on their luck. Dad was in jail due to a recently acquired drug habit. They lost the house and the car. Living in a small apt. hand to mouth. We made sure they had a tree/food/presents this year. The kids needed coats,shoes and basic clothing etc. Also got them some toys and things together from Santa. I wish we could do more for others but funds only go so far. I took most of the money from a recent gun sale to do this. It is in the giving/sharing for us.
    that is a good thing. I'm thankful there are folks like you.

for me it is just being able to be with all my family. it's the only time we get together all of us. so it is important to me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    that is a good thing. I'm thankful there are folks like you.

for me it is just being able to be with all my family. it's the only time we get together all of us. so it is important to me.

My wifes family is a pure joy to be around. I love those gatherings. With the exception of one sister who I am close with, my family is either gone (passed away) or just suck eggs. I have no contact beyond Christmas cards or funerals with them. Sad.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    that is sad. my moms brothers and sister and mom all left us in the past 3 years. It shows me how fast things can go. They only got together at Christmas too. So now I am trying to break that cycle of Christmas only for my family, well art least with my one brother. My sister and I spend a lot of time together already and even though I can't stand my younger brother, I guess seeing him is important too

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom