• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    methinks I'm gonna get me a walther P22 and supress that.

40_002.gif

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I'm goin to the south side (I think) and thanks Scutter, that is one of the best reads on INGO... simple enough where I understood it and detailed enough where almost all possible questions are answered!

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I'm goin to the south side (I think) and thanks Scutter, that is one of the best reads on INGO... simple enough where I understood it and detailed enough where almost all possible questions are answered!

Hey what a coincidence, I am on the south side. 5 minutes from downtown ;)

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    This might seem like a stupid question but that never stopped me before...

Say I follow all the procedures outlined in Scutter's thread and I now own a suppressor. If I want another one, do I have to do it all again or can I just show my paperwork and buy it?

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Mrs. G. Looks like you are only about 15 minutes away. I guess I'm actually going to Beech Grove, IN. Not Indy but, looks pretty damn close...

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne

Say I follow all the procedures outlined in Scutter's thread and I now own a suppressor. If I want another one, do I have to do it all again or can I just show my paperwork and buy it?

Paperwork and the process is PER NFA Item. so you'd have to do it all over again.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois

I think everything needs it's own separate "stamp"

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

Paperwork and the process is PER NFA Item. so you'd have to do it all over again.

I think everything needs it's own separate "stamp"

Well that sucks.. adding around $250 to the price of each item would get old real fast. :noway:

Yes, it's a separate Form and $200 stamp for EACH item (although AOWs like a Serbu Super Shorty are only a $5 stamp). If you go more than one NFA item, I highly recommend looking into setting up a legal Trust and buying them through that. It will save you the CLEO fingerprinting and sign-off (Trusts don't have fingerprints!) and any member of the Trust can have possession of the item.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Adding $250 to the cost of a FA weapon that costs 5-10K might be worth it from a financial standpoint, but when the fees and taxes cost as much or more than the item (like a suppressor) it almost doesn't make sense.

Yep, the one I just bought was half the price of the stamp.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Adding $250 to the cost of a FA weapon that costs 5-10K might be worth it from a financial standpoint, but when the fees and taxes cost as much or more than the item (like a suppressor) it almost doesn't make sense.

The stamp is only $200. Where are you getting $250?

You're right, though. Unfortunately, that's the only way to get into NFA. And if you've ever shot suppressed... :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom