images

:D :laugh: :D :laugh: :D :laugh: :D :laugh: :D

This.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Just a question out of curiosity. Why are threads like that allowed to remain up at all? I realize it was closed, but I can't see how allowing it to be part of the forum makes any kind of positive contribution. This is not a complaint. Just makes more sense to me to clean house when you want visitors to keep coming. :twocents:

What Spasmo said. To add my own two cents, though: With some of these (like this banning in particular), it's the culmination of a long LONG string of abuses. I'm so sick of putting up with people taking unwarranted potshots at the staff or treating us like garbage that I have no problem putting a few heads on a pike, so to speak. Let people see why he was banned. Maybe the next person will think twice.

I have no problem taking criticism. I can point you to a recent 450+ post thread where we bent over backwards to address member concerns and criticisms that will prove that point. But there's a big difference between criticism and abuse.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I walked in to a workroom today for a service call on a printer. This lady looks at me and says "That printer won't work! It won't even turn on! And that microwave right next to it has the same problem!"

facepalm.gif

Have you gotten the one yet where they complain that their computer won't boot up and you have to tell them it's because the building power is out?

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I see what you did there...
    11_002.gif

LOL, I just noticed...Your picture didn't show up BTW.

I feel really sad for some reason...

I suppose you think you are too old for the Stooges too?

Completely different.

Ass + diarrhea volcanoes, ball punching, Johnny Knoxville pitching a ping pong ball to Chris Pontius' boner while Bam Margera tries to catch the pop fly in his mouth, etc just doesn't appeal to me.

And then there's Steve-O that can puke by dry heaving over nothing. Seeing people puke makes me want to puke. It's not entertaining.

Last edited:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I feel really sad for some reason...

I suppose you think you are too old for the Stooges too?

I see people being a
    images
    almost every day. I don't really feel the need to watch a movie about it either.

The Stooges however are a totally different matter!

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Have you gotten the one yet where they complain that their computer won't boot up and you have to tell them it's because the building power is out?

I'm not really an I.T. guy but people ask me for help all the time. Haven't seen one quite that bad, but more than once I've had someone ask me why they have no sound only to find out they have no speakers.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm not really an I.T. guy but people ask me for help all the time. Haven't seen one quite that bad, but more than once I've had someone ask me why they have no sound only to find out they have no speakers.

I rarely do break-fix stuff anymore; it's all tier 3 engineering now. I've compiled quite the collection of stories. With most of them, you go "No, that can't possibly be true. No one is that dense." I never got the proverbial "CD tray mistaken for a drink holder", but plenty just as bad.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I rarely do break-fix stuff anymore; it's all tier 3 engineering now. I've compiled quite the collection of stories. With most of them, you go "No, that can't possibly be true. No one is that dense." I never got the proverbial "CD tray mistaken for a drink holder", but plenty just as bad.

I've been working on copiers/printers for 25 years. One of the weirdest calls I ever had involved a customer who said their machine was walking down the hall and turning itself off! :n00b: Funny thing was, it was actually true!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom