• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    The stamp is only $200. Where are you getting $250?

There was no fee for the fingerprinting or the local background check that the NPD performed. I don't know if all municipalities have the same procedures.
    Interestingly enough, this is almost the exact same process I went through when applying for my LTCH, for which I was charged $50 by the City of Noblesville.
    Postage was about five bucks. I also opted to pay the 65 cents for a delivery confirmation
    There are also other expenses involved from running around to get all this done. Plus, I was "ballparking" a little bit.

You're right, though. Unfortunately, that's the only way to get into NFA. And if you've ever shot suppressed... :D

Something tells me I'm going to find out.
    coolgleamA.gif

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    There are also other expenses involved from running around to get all this done. Plus, I was "ballparking" a little bit.

Gotcha.

Something tells me I'm going to find out.
    coolgleamA.gif
    You going to the Hush Indiana shoot? :D

Seriously, if you have to choose between paying rent and buying a silencer, then obviously you should pay your rent. But for $400 ($200 for the can, $200 for the stamp), they're an awful lot of fun, and they never fail to turn heads at the range. I've even had people "accuse" me of shooting an air rifle due to how quiet it is. And let's face it, people blow more money on stupider things all the time. Next time, instead of buying another rifle that you probably don't need (or an iPad, or some other toy), buy a can instead.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Gotcha.

You going to the Hush Indiana shoot? :D

Seriously, if you have to choose between paying rent and buying a silencer, then obviously you should pay your rent. But for $400 ($200 for the can, $200 for the stamp), they're an awful lot of fun, and they never fail to turn heads at the range. I've even had people "accuse" me of shooting an air rifle due to how quiet it is. And let's face it, people blow more money on stupider things all the time. Next time, instead of buying another rifle that you probably don't need (or an iPad, or some other toy), buy a can instead.

I'm still working on getting the weapon I intend to supress (SR-22). After that, I imagine it will take some time before I'm ready to :spend:for the suppressor. I'll definitely look into it when the time comes though! :yesway:

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Thanks for all three of those links Scutter, I think after getting my AR dialed in, a CAN is going to be my next purchase...

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I was worried about the price but it looks like papers, CAN, and threaded barrel for my 10/22 I'll be right between $450 and $500 which is no different than buying another gun, and a cheap one too!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I was worried about the price but it looks like papers, CAN, and threaded barrel for my 10/22 I'll be right between $450 and $500 which is no different than buying another gun, and a cheap one too!

Depending on what kind of barrel your 10/22 has, you can get it threaded for cheap rather than buy a whole new threaded barrel. I chose to go the "new barrel" route, myself. The nice thing about a non-integral can though is that you can move it from gun to gun. I use mine on my 10/22 and my P22. I'll be picking up an M&P 15/22 with the flash hider at some point as well. The flash hider is attached via threaded barrel and is removable... :D

Thanks for all three of those links Scutter, I think after getting my AR dialed in, a CAN is going to be my next purchase...

:ingo:

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I still havent figured out of the flash hider comes off on my AR or not. Its on really tight if it does come off

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I'm guessing you have a 14.5 inch barrel and a 1.5 inch flash suppressor...If that is the case, you can't remove it because the suppressor is a part of the 16 inch bbl non-NFA requirements.
    So then my option is to cut it off

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom